Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66376 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper - In game labor manager with detailed character information.
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2019, 08:38:57 am »

Ah excellent ill look iinto this since i've been messing around with labour manager anyway. Thanks.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper - In game labor manager with detailed character information.
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2019, 05:04:29 pm »

The color theme seemed a bit broken on the default windows setup. It depends on font and rendering mode maybe. There was two themes which could be toggled by pressing 'C' and Ive just added a third which is a tweaked version of the default brass/iron/adamantine theme that should be much clearer for the default pack setup on windows. The recent links have this tweaked version now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:10:05 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper is Manipulator + detailed character information.
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2019, 08:47:32 pm »

I've added tooltips visible when changing the 'mode' options, to help with that since they would have been confusing without - hope you didnt get burned by that FantasticDorf !

Also updated and tested the dfhack 4412r2 compile to work with PeridexisErrant's new pack, looks like a good one. That's here

Anyone playing on linux let me know, and Ill put a compile for linux up, its no bother.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 09:40:17 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2019, 09:49:04 pm »

As I spotted this again (I'd seen it a while ago, but not kept a specific eye on it), might I suggest (to necro a subthread point) that the anti-'stress' might be called 'chill'? I think that describes relaxedness without either being as long as ' relaxedness' nor being easily contextually confused with its homonymic cousin used for pure temperature terms. If you're still not happy with your current term, anyway. Just an idle thought as I was passing.

(And, by saying this, I now don't need to PTW!)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2019, 02:56:59 pm »

I changed it back to 'keep' again; sounds medieval to me. Possibly the most vague adjective used in keeper is 'cool'. Its not uncommon to see dwarves that are "really cool" or "quite cool" etc, this denotes not very obviously that they have a low "hate propensity". Anyway, puzzled players could easily jump to the games description screen to work out whats so 'cool' about the unit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:00:22 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2019, 04:18:37 pm »

When was it last updated? The version I'm running it's still called "Fable."
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2019, 04:56:44 pm »

Oh ay that was a brain burp. Ive done compiles for windows recently, with just minor UI work since 'fable'. There doesnt seem to be an LNP out yet for dfhack 4412R2, I was going to do a compile earlier but got confused by the version numbers and gave up.
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2019, 05:52:44 pm »

I'm on Linux, actually, although it's good to hear that there's a Windows version up too.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2019, 06:53:43 pm »

Ill get an updated compile up for linux as soon as the new LNP come out. Glad to hear youre still playing with it Jazz Cat :)
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2019, 07:47:24 pm »

Yeah, I like it a lot! I originally picked it up because I couldn't get Dwarf Therapist working on linux, but I actually prefer CK now.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:53 pm »

This is really good.  Thanks!

Is there a way to jump to a dwarf in keeper from the (v)iew mode?  It's a lot easier to see whats going on in keeper than going thorugh lots of menus, and it's tricky to find someone again when you have a lot of dwarfs.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 01:47:27 pm »

Thanks for the feedback, Symmetry.

Is there a way to jump to a dwarf in keeper from the (v)iew mode?

Ive noticed that would be most handy and keep a lookout for how to implement it, but its not straightforward because CK opens on a kind of standardised list of units, that it usually gets from the unitlist screen. This is why it can just as easily open the animals, visitors and dead lists because they are all a standard kind of list which seems to be created by the (u)nitlist screen.

If I found it was possible to create keepers window from that view state where the map is visible, it would need to build a list itself... possibly including all the nearby units including visitors etc... Its a UI obstruction because even DF doesnt have a  way to bring up its own unitlist screen on a map centered unit.

CK does normally remember focused and selected units between leaving and returning, but it could really benefit from getting its own search feature and ability to open from the map.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:57:42 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:33 pm »

You could probably have it track which unit is selected in the map, then open a unit list screen by triggering the appropriate key (which might require backing out of menus with Gui::resetDwarfmodeView() first) and proceed from there. That wouldn't necessarily leave the unit selected in the map, but that's probably okay.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:29 pm »

Thanks Lethosor, I was hoping you'd have a tip for me. I can look into that in a bit then, it would be very handy. Maybe just a script of its own which focuses into (u)nitlist from that (v)iew screen, CK or whatever can it from there.
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2019, 01:33:03 am »

Is there a Linux build for 44.12-r2? I'm having some trouble with the r1 version--I can't seem to view or zoom to units from the Cavern Keeper screen.

Edit: Belay that, it seems to be working fine after a complete re-install of both DFHack and CK.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:36:15 am by Jazz Cat »
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13