Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66391 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper is Manipulator + detailed character information.
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2019, 12:31:00 pm »

Hi Jazz Cat, Ive put a new compile up for 44.12-r2 (same as last one) but ive not had time to play with it besides just seeing that it runs, its here.

It just has a new sort of 'tooltip' that saves confusion when pressing the 'mode' keys and happiness score is back to being labelled 'keep' with min=-100, max = 100.

There is one issue involving the "likes working outdoors" trait, this is tagged in the short descriptions as "Rgh" or Rgh+ or Rgh++, which is short for "can rough it" and seemed to work alright, usually all of the embark dwarves have it and by some accounts it makes them hardy to not having a bed and stuff. The dfhack pointer to it in the games code has changed, but CK is still using the old one as it seemed to be working properly but ill see about that.

So for the curious id recommend renaming the old manipulator.plug.so in case this one doesnt work for an odd reason and saving this version there, it doesnt need anything else changed, theyre both compiled for dfhack 44.12-r2, the LNP was confusingly named 44.12.r1
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2019, 11:13:39 pm »

Awesome, glad to see the update! I'll keep you posted if I find any bugs. Speaking of which, actually, for a few versions now the sorting options have been switched---the options that are supposed to be controlled with +- are actually controlled with /* and vice verse. Did that ever get fixed?

Oh, and the happiness score slot has just enough room for it to be called "morale" if you're still looking for a word. I only mention this because I remember having that word on the tip of my tongue during the entire discussion about that and I only just now realized that was the word I was looking for.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2019, 09:16:48 am »

Wow thats so dissonant having the keys switched all this time! I never noticed because on the set I use they are the same two keys +- with shift making the difference.
And morale is very sensible, definitely the best 6 letter label. I might catch my senses and change it to that... someday :)
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2019, 12:45:07 pm »

Yeah, it took me long enough to figure out what word I was looking for :P

What language is your keyboard in?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »

I confusingly have a US and UK qwerty but the -= /_+ are in the same place next to the backspace key. One of the starter packs keyboard options chooses them, maybe its the 'no numpad' option.

Thats fixed now in the latest linux compile. Ill have to redo the windows one soon too, its like waking around with my fly open - thanks for the tip off !
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2019, 09:49:03 pm »

No problem!
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2019, 09:06:22 am »

Hi again, Strainer! I'm so grateful for this utility that I've hesitated to ask if it will be updated for LinuxLNP 44.12-r03. Alas, here I am. :)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:01 pm »

Don't wait to say mate - I was thinking the last linux compile would work for lnp r03. But here is a fresh one

I love to hear that the plugin is getting played; dwarves colorful characters displayed, following their talents and dreams :)
Klok the Kloker !

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2019, 03:31:04 pm »

Thanks so much, Strainer! I was hoping some crashes I didn't mention would be fixed, but that's not how this works, haha.  :P I'm getting similar crashes with this most recent version. When I arrow through my dwarf list after u-k, there are at least a couple of dwarves who'll crash the game immediately. For example, the first one gives me the following error -- I hope it is of use to you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can provide a save if needed.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2019, 05:31:09 pm »

Ah crashes  :o I am most interested in any crashes, Ill take the save please
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:45 pm »

Thanks so much, Strainer! I was hoping some crashes I didn't mention would be fixed, but that's not how this works, haha.  :P I'm getting similar crashes with this most recent version. When I arrow through my dwarf list after u-k, there are at least a couple of dwarves who'll crash the game immediately. For example, the first one gives me the following error -- I hope it is of use to you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can provide a save if needed.
That message is harmless, actually (it's just related to the fact that a non-df screen was open).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »

That message is harmless, actually (it's just related to the fact that a non-df screen was open).
Oh right, I thought I'd seen that message before. But I might need to update or put in (more) null pointer checks to the code which calculates descriptions and info 'tags' which runs when each unit is first highlighted. Not seen any problems recently but maybe bwbill has units with a rare curse or something.

Ive just made a compile with debug info included for the first time ever, so hopefully I can get a line number with an actual crash.
Klok the Kloker !

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 04:35:39 pm »

Hi again, and sorry for the delay. I presumed that DFFD would be the way to pass my crashing save, and uploaded it here.

Edit: I might have some rare curse? Awesome!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:47:11 pm by bwbill »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2019, 09:22:33 pm »

Turns out you have 4 dorfs with no record of ever having a mother  :-\
The family details tag maker only runs on units with historical records and relationships so it didnt expect this, so I put in a check and if units are motherless it shows this cryptickly now by putting a negative number of siblings eg. "family0:-1" so we can see the issue. The units seem normal apart from this.

The latest linux and windows compiles are updated.

... that looks like a substantial clown incineration complex you're working on down there  :D
Klok the Kloker !

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2019, 09:31:38 am »

Well, I guess that's some kind of curse, being motherless.  :o

Thank you for the update! I actually built that incinerator for sieges, since I am deathly afraid of clowns. I really didn't think my design would even be effective for that class of fun -- having read over the checkerboard method, I'd assumed obsidian was needed to throw a proper party for those bozos. Do you think it would work as designed, as long as I can route them through there?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13