Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66388 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper is Manipulator + detailed character information.
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2019, 10:14:11 pm »

Thanks for hauling the save to me!

Oh that thing is for sieges - Im still a novice with magma. Cracked a spire only once by accident and didnt hang around long to watch my boys demise.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:37:37 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »

WOW! What a mod! I do love those kind of "life quality" improvments for DF hahaha.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh! Hey!! Just really searched on first post and guess what, it was all there! hahahah... well except for the "fcs+0 but... nvm"

Thank you again and again!

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2019, 02:13:26 am »

I've downloaded the file from dfhack/build/feb_df4405/win_dfhack_44.12-R2/manipulator.plug.dll

However, when I run DF I get this error:

Plugin manipulator was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.44.12-r1, DFHack: 0.44.12-r2

What am I doing wrong?
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2019, 12:53:26 pm »

I've downloaded the file from dfhack/build/feb_df4405/win_dfhack_44.12-R2/manipulator.plug.dll

However, when I run DF I get this error:

Plugin manipulator was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.44.12-r1, DFHack: 0.44.12-r2

What am I doing wrong?

Exactly as you said, you downloaded the wrong version.

According to the error message you DFHack is at version r1 and you pickedup the r2.
To fix this is simple, just download the R1 version wich is "win_peridex_44.12-r1" this one, even if youre not using the LNP(Peridexis Starter pack). Replace the .dll and its done.

:D

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2019, 01:03:30 pm »

Thanks LordBalkan - glad to hear you have discovered 'keeper :D

The latest compile was meant to work with the latest peridexis pack, r2 or r3? ... actually but I must have misconfigured. I have an old laptop crunching out a fresh compile now and will put it up after a quick test...
Klok the Kloker !

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2019, 01:47:17 pm »

Thanks LordBalkan - glad to hear you have discovered 'keeper :D

The latest compile was meant to work with the latest peridexis pack, r2 or r3? ... actually but I must have misconfigured. I have an old laptop crunching out a fresh compile now and will put it up after a quick test...

Awesome, I look forward to checking it out tonight after I get off work.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2019, 03:14:47 pm »

I just uploaded to the same location since that's where the dfhack44.12.r2 version should be. Thanks for letting me know that it was borked %}

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:36:37 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

venicedreamway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2019, 04:15:33 pm »

Hi! I compiled this plugin for MacOS using the latest Dwarf Fortress/DFHack versions (DFHack version 0.44.12-r2). In my case, in order for this to compile successfully, I had to change line 2415 in manipulator.cpp to refer to 'likes_outdoors' rather than 'unk_v4019_1'. I can share the manipulator.dylib binary if that would be of any use? I really love this plugin, looking forward to using it in my next fort!

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2019, 08:25:12 am »

Yes I'd love the binary to put up for Mac miners ! I'll pm my email to send the compile to, that should be handiest.

Thankyou for breaching the MacOS labyrinth !!  venicedreamway  ~), *
Klok the Kloker !

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2019, 07:59:45 am »

So, Strainer
Yesterday I had a miner who was ignoring his duties and, instead of digging out my plans was hauling thing to the new food stockpile.
I went to CK and checked that he was indeed assigned as "everything hauler".
Then I  realized that in CK i cant actually hold Shift and press Enter to assign/unassign a group of works, such as Fisherman (Fish Cleaner, Fish catcher, fish dissector).
It is fisible to add this function?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2019, 08:19:37 am »

Ahh, many humble apologies LordBalkan - I changed that shift/enter keypress to 'j'... not sure why maybe cause it takes less space to write in the menubar! I could restore the old shift & enter keypress in the next update if it is missed.
Klok the Kloker !

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2019, 11:25:26 am »

Yes, it was right there in the menu options. My fault though.
I dont think it is necessary to change it to shift+enter, my concern was that this function was "missing".
Actually I do prefer "j". Thx anyways

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2019, 01:56:19 pm »

Grand, for next update I kept 'j' but put the shift-enter keystroke back too in case someone else misses it. Also attached the group labor toggle function to shift&click too, since that could be handy.

Hoping to push back to dfhack sometime, so I've tidied the repo and code a bit, and have put in an option to select different names for the "keep" (unstressed) column. This is surely too quirky, but at the moment if the player doesn't set it with one of the 'mode' keys, it changes itself randomly about once a year to one of these:

Braw, Keen, Flux, Myth, Boon, Grit, Okay, Fine, Mojo, Rune, Perk, Tale, Hppy, Glad, Keep, Soda, Smug, Ease, Zeal, Well, Epic, Odes

My favourite is "braw"

Also thinking of other names than 'cavern keeper' to try and swing a name change by the dfhack veterans when I push it. It may just have to go back to being called manipulator but I feel like its an evolved entity now, and it would avoid potential confusion between it and the legacy 'manipulator' and its lua port.

Unit ??.. actuator/counsel/custodian/commander/keeper/gatekeep/confidante/homeopath/mycologist/momentum/runelord...

'unit (k)eeper' is handiest for the keypress.
Klok the Kloker !

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2019, 02:15:02 pm »

Hey, strainer, saw that someone in reddit comments wished for ability to schedule labours like military months. What do you think of that? Greatest difficulty might be UI portrayal, might require a separate dummy graphic sheet.

(Also, went the easier way and checked the dwarf-killing horse in 44.12. No indication of being particularly murderous.)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »

I don't think dfhack yet has all the required methods to access and set the military details, that could be the reason why no other plugins to manage military have been made. If it had then a lua plugin could be nicer to work on than trying to fit into keeper's source.
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13