Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66384 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I appreciate your interest LordBalkan. In the last posts Nilsolm has almost updated Kloker for linux df/hack 47.03.. so I shouldn't take more than a week, to find a couple of hours to do a windows compile...
Klok the Kloker !

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, sorry, I've been a bit busy the last few days. I have a working Linux build. Here is the link again. The only caveat is, as I mentioned, that the friendship counter doesn't work as expected, but there shouldn't be any crashes anymore.

As for Windows, that might be a bit more complicated as I don't have access to a Windows computer at the moment. I see if I can cross-compile DFHack on Linux for Windows somehow.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Sorry about this, Ive been stuck on a mountainside with no wifi but Ill get compiles out asap ...
Klok the Kloker !

Stakud

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I love kloker, and I too would love to see it compiled for 47.04. I'm wishing I could compile it myself...

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Hiya Stakud, here goes :D
> Latest Kloker for windows 64bit DF+DFhack 47 04

This compile was powered by a small solar panel as I've been "locked down" in a tent on a somewhat remote mountainside, it would make a good fortress embark - in a nearby stream I found Limonite !

Thanks for the help Nilsolm, I added the new skill "Intrigue / Schemer" that you commited to legacy manipulator too . The relations counts seem to be working as roughly as they ever did.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:35:21 am by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Maxinova

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi everyone !

This plugin seems awesome. I just tried to use it on windows 10 64bits with your compile but I keep getting an error:

It can be translated into : ".dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

Is there a problem with the compile or is it my game that is broken ?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

It's probably my Visual Studio setup is not configured properly for Win 10 sorry. This article on the error code 0xc000012f says that installing the VS redistributables can fix the problem.  I'm currently asking DFhack to take the plugin in so that it can get compiled and distributed properly ...
Klok the Kloker !

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

It's probably my Visual Studio setup is not configured properly for Win 10 sorry. This article on the error code 0xc000012f says that installing the VS redistributables can fix the problem.  I'm currently asking DFhack to take the plugin in so that it can get compiled and distributed properly ...

Personally, I don't trust sites like that, because they often don't know what they're talking about (and often exist solely to trick you into installing their special "system cleaner" crapware).

According to MSDN, error 0xC000012F is STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_NOT_MZ (The specified image file did not have the correct format: it did not have an initial MZ), and it usually means that the DLL is corrupted. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version and installed it correctly?

On a side note, the download link you posted above is malformed - this should work better.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:25:38 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks for fixing the link Quietus. The VC redistributable fix/hack seemed plausible as I remember when I installed Visual Studio, my non-commercial installation config on old win 7 laptop did not seem to have complete support for compiling to win10. Oh well.
Klok the Kloker !

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Many thanks to those posting compiles!

Any love for 0.47.04 on Linux? (I'm trying to use McArcady's unofficial pack. It has DFHack 0.47.04-beta1.)

I can't really play without Kloker anymore...

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten kloker compiled on linux using  McArcady's lnp-forge: https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge

It is pretty straightforward:

1. Get lnp-forge working and producing a build
2. Download kloker.cpp from github and place it in .build/src/dfhack/plugins (starting from your lnp-forge folder).
3. Edit .build/src/dfhack-0.47.04-r1/plugins/CMakeLists.custom.txt, and add the line
Code: [Select]
dfhack_plugin(kloker kloker.cpp)4. Run ./bin/lnp-forge build again
5. Download dfkeeper_pallete.txt from the kloker github into .build/src/lnp-0.14a/df_47_04_linux
6. Delete the file
Code: [Select]
.build/src/lnp-0.14a/df_47_04_linux/hack/plugins/manipulator.plug.so7. Run the pack from .build/src/lnp-0.14a/startlnp.sh .. open a game
8. Open units menu 'u' -> 'k' for kloker

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten kloker compiled on linux <snip>
It is pretty straightforward: <snip>

Thank you, rmblr! This is way better than a binary and I'm excited to learn to roll my own with lnp-forge.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, considering that Linux Pack's aren't released regularly (no fault of anyones!) it's great that McArcady has created lnp-forge which lets us build our own.

If you need any help with lnp-forge, check out the post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157712

If you're on Ubuntu/debian/linux mint or Fedora it should be possible to get going just following the docs.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile

Any updates on a 47.04 on Linux? I'm using a build I made through the LNP-forge and it's been giving me crashes.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any updates on a 47.04 on Linux? I'm using a build I made through the LNP-forge and it's been giving me crashes.
If the plugin loads, then you built it correctly - the source code hasn't changed recently, so any crashes likely aren't 0.47.04-specific.

Is there anything specific that you're doing when it crashes? If you have GDB installed and know how to use it, you could start DFHack with "./dfhack -g" to run it under GDB, which would give you a more detailed error report when a crash happens.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13