Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66394 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile

I'm unfamiliar with GBD, but it crashes when I move the cursor over specific dwarves (I have them nicknamed `CRASH ALERT'). Both problem dwarves right now were children when they came to my fort, although one is now 13 and has grown into a peasant.

I'm using DFHack 0.47.04-r1, if that helps.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting. By "cursor" are you referring to the selected dwarf in the Kloker screen, the 'v' cursor in the main fortress mode screen, or something else? If it's outside of the Kloker screen, does the issue persist if you unload the plugin with "unload kloker"?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Within the Kloker screen, I mean. The 'highlighted' dwarf.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Blazeguard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just stumbled across this mod.  Any chance that it will be updated for the latest release 47.04 r10?

otrapersona

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

it'd be nice if more updates were provided for people who can't computer (and compile it) like me, this seems excellent, I don't enjoy alt-tabbing to the therapist

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strainer's usually pretty good about updating this, they're probably locked down somewhere they can't compile it.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten kloker compiled on linux using  McArcady's lnp-forge: https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge

It is pretty straightforward:

1. Get lnp-forge working and producing a build
2. Download kloker.cpp from github and place it in .build/src/dfhack/plugins (starting from your lnp-forge folder).
3. Edit .build/src/dfhack-0.47.04-r1/plugins/CMakeLists.custom.txt, and add the line
Code: [Select]
dfhack_plugin(kloker kloker.cpp)4. Run ./bin/lnp-forge build again
5. Download dfkeeper_pallete.txt from the kloker github into .build/src/lnp-0.14a/df_47_04_linux
6. Delete the file
.build/src/lnp-0.14a/df_47_04_linux/hack/plugins/manipulator.plug.so7. Run the pack from .build/src/lnp-0.14a/startlnp.sh .. open a game
8. Open units menu 'u' -> 'k' for kloker

I'm back! What a long road it's been, but I achieved my goal finally today, and Kloker is working on 0.47.05-r1.

Addenda to the steps above, from my lessons learned:
  • 1a. install Linux Dwarf Pack .deb to get many dependencies
  • 1b. endless hangups and timeouts on git cloning? (I have a poor internet connection) no need to rebuild git with openssl or mess with the postBuffer setting, just make a key for github so you can use SSH for all downloads via git config --global url."git@github.com:".insteadOf "https://github.com/"
  • 1c. run lnp-forge from its root directory -- do NOT run from lnp-forge/bin
  • 2a. add #include "df/historical_figure_relationships.h" to kloker.cpp
  • 6a. change "enable manipulator" to "enable kloker" in dfhack.init
Thanks again, rmblr and project contributors! Happy here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:53:15 pm by bwbill »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux

I'm unfamiliar with GBD, but it crashes when I move the cursor over specific dwarves (I have them nicknamed `CRASH ALERT'). Both problem dwarves right now were children when they came to my fort, although one is now 13 and has grown into a peasant.
I'm using DFHack 0.47.04-r1, if that helps.

Bug reproduced with DFHack 0.47.05-r1 debug symbols:
[DFHack]#
          Thread 3 "Dwarf_Fortress" received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
                                                                     [Switching to Thread 0x7ffff158a700 (LWP 704)]
__GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:50
50 ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff67487bb in __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:50
#1  0x00007ffff6733535 in __GI_abort () at abort.c:79
#2  0x00007ffff6cf9983 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#3  0x00007ffff6cff8c6 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#4  0x00007ffff6cff901 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#5  0x00007ffff6cffb34 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#6  0x00007ffff6cfb845 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#7  0x00007ffff6d3f028 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#8  0x00007ffff08594e0 in std::string::resize(unsigned long) (__n=18446744073709551569, this=0x7ffff15874b8)
    at /usr/include/c++/8/bits/basic_string.h:3873
#9  0x00007ffff08594e0 in viewscreen_unitklokerst::printScripts(UnitInfo*) (this=<optimized out>, cur=<optimized out>)
    at ../plugins/kloker.cpp:6172
#10 0x00007ffff085f438 in viewscreen_unitklokerst::render() (this=0x7fffed628760) at ../plugins/kloker.cpp:5856
#11 0x00007ffff6e4b2f6 in render_things() () at /tmp/lnp-iDtrcA/df_47_05_linux/libs/libgraphics.so
#12 0x00007ffff6e3a407 in enablerst::async_loop() () at /tmp/lnp-iDtrcA/df_47_05_linux/libs/libgraphics.so
#13 0x00007ffff6e3a4e0 in call_loop(void*) () at /tmp/lnp-iDtrcA/df_47_05_linux/libs/libgraphics.so
#14 0x00007ffff744af28 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#15 0x00007ffff748a0d9 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#16 0x00007ffff6661fa3 in start_thread (arg=<optimized out>) at pthread_create.c:486
#17 0x00007ffff680a4cf in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:95
(gdb)

[EDIT] bugfix available in my DFHack fork, branch kloker-for-0-47-05-r1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:59:16 pm by McArcady »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Hey Thanks McArcady for the bugfix and including kloker in the Linux pack ! I was really pleased to see this. And sorry Jazz Cat for leaving you with that bug. And thankyou lethosor and bwbill for the help posts!

I went volunteering on a farm before lockdown, then ended up isolated in the scottish mountains with a herd of hungry goats :o I had no time to play DF but came across some limonite out there - it would have made a great embark! Not to mention the goat materials, but alas they were all assigned as pets.

I am trying to get back into a bit of programming soon and will try to arrange an up-to-date windows compile before so long. Cheers !
Klok the Kloker !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, that sounds like a wild ride! Was there any flux to go with your limonite?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Maybe :) there is a mysterious white powdery rock. Lots of variety that are mysterious to me, and a bright orange ferric sludge oozes out of the ground in places and tans the rocks in mountain streams.
I have had some epic adventures considering - I started enhancing manipulator a couple of years ago while stuck in a little boxroom because I couldn't see well enough to use therapist, even with massive DPI. it seemed my goat chasing days were up, but a wonderful eye surgeon fixed me up and I went 'woofing' abroad (working-on-organic-farms). Its been chaotic with some dwarfish FUN! This one farm has a little indestructable pickaxe which is awesomely helpful for certain tasks. In many years before playing dwarf fortress I had never come across or had want for a little pickaxe, now I find myself thinking "this situation calls for the pickaxe!" XD

At the moment I am living cheap in a little tent with a light solar panel, on a secluded hebridean coast. Compiling DFHack might empty my 100wh battery, and I have another project on the go too so I've updated kloker source a bit, but have to work out how to compile it efficiently. Shouldn't take too long ...
Klok the Kloker !

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks to player Tigew here is a Windows compile for the latest DF 47.05-r2  :D :D

Windows 45.05-r2 Kloker at bay12 filedepot

( kloker.plug.dll can just be placed in directory [DFgameRoot]/hack/plugins/ and in the file [DFgameRoot]/dfhack.init add the line "enable kloker" to have it run in the game )
Klok the Kloker !

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, just wanted to say how much I'm missing this tool in the steam version and I hope you'll be able to work on updating it to the new dfhack whenever that becomes available.
It's better than therapist for me, it's nice to have this management inside the game.

And if you don't have time to update it, thanks for making it in the first place.  it's been great

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks for the bump Symmetry and the kind words  : D I have been extending my code editor, which gets a bit 'meta' - programing just to program better.

I will catch up on dwarf fortress and kloker soon.
The last features I got working were I think, opening characters from the map, and autolabor integration in the professions screen. I was surprised and pleased to get that far, after lots of smaller tweaks. Hopefuly they work smoothly, I didnt get to play them much. I will have a play in the holidays and see about updating kloker and having a fresh go at sending back to the DFHackership : )
Klok the Kloker !

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I'm missing this tool in the steam version

Surprisingly - DFHack doesn't look a million miles away from getting onto the steam version. I should see if theres anything I can do ...
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]