Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Screamlords: My logical mindset makes it hard to talk about space nazis  (Read 19657 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hello, I would like some feedback on what system I should make and publish next. I'd also like a nice public platform here for people to scream at me about getting it done because I have a bad habit of getting 70% done and then moving on to another project.

Maze
A game about being a lab rat, inspired by things like the Secret of NIMH and The mouse utopia experiments. Play as mice and rats trapped in bizarre and incomprehensible situations! Try to survive each test! Gain powers or detrimental mutations via the capricious hand of the unknowable beings called "Scientists" and live on through your offspring. Maybe even escape someday. Maybe.

[Unnamed Racing game]

Inspired in equal parts by Fury Road and Red Line, a game about over the top battle racing. Broken into two distinct parts: the build up to the race and the race itself.

Revolver: Blood and Neon
This ruleset exists already and can be found here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D5XCel0CXE_0INdY3rW4NHK8Q07e-hXWU6avkO9zF88/edit?usp=sharing
Basically, it just needs to be overhauled so someone other than me can run it. Maps, enemy examples, various things.

Ouroboropolis
A second shot at turning this setting into a playable game. This time without lego limb feature creep! IF you don't know what Ouro is, look up "Tokyo Souls" and thats kind of a loose approximation.

The Glowing King
Wild West pulp post nuclear setting (think New Vegas) crossed with Afro Samurai style quest to reach the Throne and become the glowing king. Some setting stuff done already, many years ago. Before Nuclear throne came out, I'll have you know.

Poison
A game about doing drugs to gain superpowers and visit other worlds. The drugs let you survive the things you've gotten into, but they're also slowly killing you. Find a way out. Think Yume Nikki but with more mutation and chance of horrible death.

Bathysphere

Deep sea exploration and salvage! Steal treasures from the deep, keep your salvage company from going bankrupt, don't get consumed by the horrors below.

Battle Royale
More a challenge to myself than anything. Figure out a way to translate that increasingly popular trope of the large scale island battle royale into a playable game without it being terrible or clunky or slow.

Colossal
The elder gods have come to earth. Go stab them in the eye.  Built around my attempts to turn the Shadow of the Colossus style tiny fighter vs various levels of giant enemy into a workable game.

Mainspring

The world has been overrun by a fleshhorror known as the Wyrm. It has transformed the land to flesh and spawns monsters of horrible proportion and form. Mankind makes their living in floating cities, manipulating flesh and hunting the monsters for the rare and strange materials in them.

Heavy
A game about piloting mechs with mechanical focus on making the mechs feel like something you're piloting rather than just another character you play as. Ever seen  Armored Trooper VOTOMS?

WWII in Space
The Last Jedi started with bombers dropping bombs in space. And at that point I said fuck it; I want to see them go whole hog. Rocket powered b-29 bombers with FTL drives doing bombing runs on space harbors and their space aircraft carriers. Laser Machine guns. Space Nazis. Fuck it.

CULT

A game about trying to obtain otherworldly knowledge and bring your particular god into the waking world while also not being arrested, shot, driven mad, or generally harassed by all the annoying normies who don't want their faces eaten by elder things. Makes use of major arcana and unconventional mechanics.

Tactical Breach Wizards
Its this: www.pentadact.com/2018-02-02-pitch-tactical-breach-wizards/ but as a table top game. I put this here to mess with Sy.

I'll update this with more as I think of more.  Ask questions or generally scream at me below
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:09:37 pm by piecewise »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Screamlords
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:22:11 am »

Mainspring or WWII in space, Glowing King is also cool.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:23:41 am »

Now, let's see...

The things I'm interesting in are:
Ouroboropolis
Mainspring
WWII in Space
Tactical Breach Wizards

Random.org says: Tactical Breach Wizards!

...As for me, there's no contest. Mainspring. I remember the rules for designing your own airship, too. ;D
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:50:45 am »

Bathysphere
Unnamed racing game
WWII in space
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:57 am »

Tactical Breach Wizards? What the fuck is that Rainbow Six Siege but with wizards and magic?... uhh fuck yeah!

WWII In Space
[Unknown Racing Game]
Colossal
Bathysphere

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:05:44 am »

When I saw the title my first thought was "Oh, piecewise is running a Dragon Ball game now?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 01:52:03 am »

Tactical Breach Wizards? What the fuck is that Rainbow Six Siege but with wizards and magic?... uhh fuck yeah!
I can imagine a staff wielding mage, replacing the crystal tip with another crystal (which makes a synonymous 'charging' or reloading sound [much like a controlled release of gaseous pressure]), and then pointing it at a door to blast it open.

Tactical Breach Wizards
WWII in Space

And, um, I guess this is good enough!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 02:01:50 am »

Tactical breach wizards

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 04:16:27 am »

Maze
[Unknown racing game]
Bathysphere
WWII in space
Cult
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 07:04:08 am »

WORLD WAR TWO...IN SPACE!!!
(adding "Of doom" at the end is entirely optional)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 08:09:23 am »

Mainspring, Cult, Collosal are all good.

Ouroboropolis is my fave of the list though, even without simplifying it.

I still like the one you had offered back when you were first developing Oro, about the little creatures whose stats were all in their limbs and stuff.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 08:11:05 am »

Ourobopolis, Blood and Neon, Mainspring.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 08:17:49 am »

I would love to see a tabletop version of Battle Royale.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 09:19:34 am »

Is this exclusively about what system you'll make and publish, or is this also to gauge interest for the next game you'd run yourself on bay12?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6