Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Screamlords: My logical mindset makes it hard to talk about space nazis  (Read 18835 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Screamlords: IRC test tonight
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 11:06:49 am »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 03:43:59 pm »

I was gonna mention that setting up a discord in addition to the irc could be annoying due to splitting up the community (for what it's worth these days) unless the whole zoo at the irc migrates, but too little to late I suppose.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 05:17:42 pm »

Ptw. Anyway, while I prefer irc's "type here" to Discord's "here's how you use this this this and this like this", Nik's lambdabot seems to not be logging anymore, so I'd definitely prefer discord.

Must look into possibility of actually retrieving logs and Tiruin's method of turning it into something from the early 2000s.
One wheel short of a wagon

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:03 pm »

Whoa. It's just convenient to me, I'm not preaching the gospel of Discord or something. And it was a suggestion, I'm not trying to elicit a holy war of chat services.

It's mostly personal experience since I'm using it to chat more often than I used IRC, so it's serving its purpose (for me).

Edit: And to clarify a point brought up via Dev's PM, I'm not telling people (or Dev) to go to Discord. I suggested it be created if pw wanted to and whoever wants to join does so.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:04:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2018, 07:35:28 pm »

I'm just hanging out on both these days.

By the way, I have something ....sort of related to mage tactical combat. Lemme know if you wanna try it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eAD64ubsX7LAY5bHGefOsf_5-QfTjjQdvd0_O2_AuGU/edit?usp=sharing

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:28 pm »

I'd try it, if only for the joy of watching you suffer with running a tick-based system, as I have. ;P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2018, 09:37:37 pm »

I'd try it, if only for the joy of watching you suffer with running a tick-based system, as I have. ;P
Yeah, its a pain, but I wanna see if I can do it

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2018, 09:43:06 pm »

"Tick six, the baby breathes fire over everyone so I don't need to run this anymore."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2018, 11:44:13 am »

Yeah, its a pain, but I wanna see if I can do it
You've already run a tick based combat game on irc. So, that's settled. On to the next thing.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2018, 11:52:48 am »

It occurs that the title is a bit inaccurate.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

"Hand-Socket coordination." Heh.

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is this a (somewhat) simplified version of oro's limb system? It seems kinda cool and the themeing of this guide is great.

also
I know it's been a few months and I dunno if you're still looking for feedback, but I think you should do more work on oro without the limb system. Those ideas for corruption, base creation, and the flavor all seemed completely awesome.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To me those features seems likely to fill the game with utterly boring politics.  I'm not absolutely against base building or group design, but such features should be the focus of the game, and mating one of those with an individually directed action game seems likely to only overcomplicate things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

"Hand-Socket coordination." Heh.

Odd to call it that, considering skeletons apparently see with their feet. 

This does seem to be the least broken version version of Oro that I've seen.  The only immediately obvious improvement I can see see for the human skeleton is to replace the pelvis with a second ribcage, as the pelvis is entirely inferior.  Beyond that, though, it seems to actually be fairly optimal.  I might replace a hand with a skull, or a third foot to improve perception, but both of those are legitimate tradeoffs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6