Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get UnitIDs from historical figures outside of the fortress  (Read 830 times)

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Get UnitIDs from historical figures outside of the fortress
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:43:53 pm »

Hello again,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to get the unitIDs of historical figures like kings or queen consorts and so on.

I hoped that LegendViewer maybe shows me the unitid of my monarch but it doesn't so any help would be great.

I want to find out, if the monarch is can come to my place or if he is a prisoner but I am not able to find out his location.

Is it possible that a monarch never shows up even when he should (I remember that bandid monarchs don't), problem is I don't know where he is and much more strange is that in the civ-screen his queen consort is not listed at all. But his wife is listed in legends mode as alive.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:27:58 pm by Marianne »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Get UnitIDs from historical figures outside of the fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:52:42 pm »

Characters not in the fortress aren't assigned unit id's until they get there I think, so what you want is probably the hist fig id, assuming you want to look that up with DFHack (but in that case you can search for the name among the hist figs, print the name and index of the matching HFs, and then use that index to access the character via DFHack's gui/gm-editor.
I'm not sure, but have you checked that his wife isn't a were or necro, as they *might* be causes to get cast out?