Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Solium Infernum  (Read 7359 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Solium Infernum
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 04:59:17 pm »

Yes, very manageable.

I have interest but no time, unfortunately. As I said in the link above I'd want to get any hypothetical SI game done by May, which wouldn't be possible any more. But I'm guessing Bay12 has enough players to get a 4-6 player game going without me. An industrious fellow could go and make a new game thread over at PlayWithYourBuddies.

To any such person I would advice to go with same or perhaps a bit shorter game settings than the ones we used. Other players of that game, or indeed people with more SI MP experience, may or may not disagree with me.
Going by the experience of the last game, there should either be an experience preference for newbies, moderately skilled and advanced players, or a handicap for those who have played a lot.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 07:23:48 am »

Necroing because I just found this game and I am really enjoying it. Surprised Bay12 isn't more into it: deep strategy, super indy, unconventional game, design a demon lord etc.  Who else plays this?

I just finished a playthrough, I rolled over the AI, stealing from them and incriminating my opponents, but an AI stole the victory from me in the last few turns by prestige and by stealing the artifacts I needed to complete my mission.

RPS has a great multiplayer log here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/01/25/the-complete-gameboys-from-hell/

I love this game. The biggest problem I have with it is finding people who want to play. I'm up for a match anytime. Just PM me or hit me up on steam(Ygdrad).

I'm down later next week: lots of things on my plate this weekend.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 11:47:15 am »

Going by the experience of the last game, there should either be an experience preference for newbies, moderately skilled and advanced players, or a handicap for those who have played a lot.

I'd add that having played a lot of SP doesn't necessarily help all that much with MP (bad habits and distorted expectations). Which shouldn't be surprising, but the degree to which it's true still might be.

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 06:13:02 am »

I know it is an old topic, but I recently bought the game and would love to try it in MP!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 01:34:52 pm »

I know it is an old topic, but I recently bought the game and would love to try it in MP!
I've done it with a friend years ago. It's pretty fun but you need a convenient and quick way to pass the save file around. Haven't played it in a long time but I'd be interested.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »

Cool, if you know of someone else who might want to join, we could figure out a way to do it. I'll try to ask around as well.

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 08:52:26 am »

I've done it with a friend years ago. It's pretty fun but you need a convenient and quick way to pass the save file around. Haven't played it in a long time but I'd be interested.

Hey, I found 3 other people that are willing to play. If you have discord, you can join the Clockwork Hounds group and find us there.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »

Hey, I found 3 other people that are willing to play. If you have discord, you can join the Clockwork Hounds group and find us there.

That's not how discord works. I need an invite link :x you can always throw me one in a pm, or add/invite me straight from Discord. My ID is Ygdrad#1294
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:48:51 pm by Ygdrad »

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 01:17:11 pm »

That's not how discord works. I need an invite link :x you can always throw me one in a pm, or add/invite me straight from Discord. My ID is Ygdrad#1294

Ok PM sent. Also added you on steam. ;)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »

It's a pretty interesting game, cryptic comet'ss got a lot of neat ones.  Six gun saga was disappointing though, just a ripoff of doomtown.

I also like how everyone always references power behind the throne when they're talking about how cool the game is when it's basically useless and will be figured out almost as soon as someone looks too close at you.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:36:36 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 05:43:09 pm »

The REAL sneaky thing to do is using deception to get someone excommunicated this would be a risky move though.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2024, 10:47:00 pm »

Remake is out on steam!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1893810/Solium_Infernum/
Get it so we can hate each other have a good time together :D

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 03:07:59 pm »

I learned about Solium Infernum from this forum which is why it sucked that it released a little before the forums went down.

Still, I introduced my brother to it and had a great game where he started with a lot of easy to take Place of Powers right next to him. He then snowballed pretty hard. But he was a very overextended and I kept trying to make demands so I could whittle away his PoP lead but he was clever and kept using the turn order mechanics and diplo cooldowns to stall me. I had a plan though I got the relic that stops a place from being captured, stuck it in my stronghold and zapped pandemonium to excommunicate myself. His big beefed up legion and his titan made a beeline for my stronghold knowing that he could reach mine before I could reach his. They had been in a bad position to intercept me anyway. Since I was running the anti-deception ritual I was pretty confident he couldn't dislodge the relic. This meant he was fumbling around my stronghold trying to make it fall half the map away while I swept in to take his. It felt great being able to pull a win from so being so far behind the entire game.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2024, 06:19:19 pm »

yeah i had not heard about the remake and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a fairly straight recreation of what I recall from the og but with slick features

enemy AI is not great and there are plenty of bugs so know what you are getting into

but there is actually a satisfying sense of, "multiple avenues to victory through various manipulations and abuses of my demonic opponents" heavy RNG / variability remains
Pages: 1 [2]