Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104]

Author Topic: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED  (Read 285163 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED
« Reply #1545 on: January 03, 2024, 04:44:23 am »

Found the 'scrap engine' on my third run.
That was fun, got through to the factory level and then some more before the inevitable YASD
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1546 on: January 03, 2024, 07:22:52 pm »

Found the 'scrap engine' on my third run.
That was fun, got through to the factory level and then some more before the inevitable YASD
Oh hey martinuzz! Heh, the Scrap Engine is pretty chaotic and leads to all sorts of weird and fun stuff. It can get super powerful later on, but it really helps to know how to coax it to do what you want. Right now it's not integrated into the plot yet, just dropped onto the floor for you on finding that map, but when the next new expansion is released it'll have a more proper introduction, and also a little manual (currently players just share the main tips on the Discord).

Also is it just me or is Bay 12 not sending out notification emails??? I doubt that, but I've always had email notifications set, don't have it blocked or filtered in my gmail account, and there's never anything in my spam, I just don't get B12 emails at all... Always used to work for like 10 years, then suddenly stopped working I'm not sure when, some time in the past few months? Pretty annoying not getting those :/
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 03, 2024, 07:47:00 pm »

Oh yeah, I remember some other people mentioning that issue. I've never used email notifications myself, but apparently they're broken for everyone now.

We might be able to coax toady into looking into it if you email him or something. It's a bit of a blessing and a curse that this forum's only admin is so busy with game development.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1548 on: January 03, 2024, 09:16:20 pm »

Oh dang, broken for everyone... well that sucks xD. Thanks for letting me know, I was going to find some time to look around and see if anyone else had mentioned it, though was also thinking surely toady must have someone helping him with admin duties on such a large forum, so imagined it was probably just a me thing at this point...

I'd send him a note, but I don't want to bug the guy about this when he's got other more important things to do. I know how much I hate doing my own web maintenance when I'm supposed to be working on my game xD (email being down sucks, but web dev sucks even more!)
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1549 on: January 15, 2024, 07:35:53 pm »

Latest mockups are in for the new modal UI which will enable an option to upscale everything in exchange for seeing less at once: Full UI Upscaling, Part 2: Holy Mockups! It's a comin'...

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1550 on: February 02, 2024, 07:15:46 pm »

SITREP Saturday #53: "Full UI Upscaling" - Last time I added map zooming, but what if you didn't need to zoom in because *EVERYTHING* is larger?!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 02, 2024, 07:26:57 pm »

great, I love not getting eyestrain from attempting to read my inventory~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1552 on: February 14, 2024, 12:50:26 am »

Yesterday did a live demo/playtesting of the first new upscaled UI layout which is mostly complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4pS_sph2Q

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1553 on: February 16, 2024, 06:19:34 pm »

SITREP Saturday #54: "Map Zoom QoL" - A summary of map zooming features, on top of the fully-upscaled UI layout introduced last week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1554 on: March 10, 2024, 11:11:09 pm »

Cogmind Beta 13 "Zoom All The Things" released! (was back during bay12 outage)

Now with map zooming and multiple UI layout options for larger text/tiles! (Also a new map, new items, and new robots, but BIG TEXT!)

For more details and demo images check out the release notes.

And more recently, an update on Cogmind's coming price increase, and expansions to come...

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104]