Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mindcrime: A Test  (Read 2623 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mindcrime: A Test
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 01:29:50 pm »

We will start, fear not.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 01:44:39 pm »

Let me know if you guys have questions.
I just thought of one. Since my entire build revolves around being being unreadable/undetectable to my opponents, how would focus and mind affect my attempts to conceal myself?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 02:02:10 pm »

Mind would help you resist mental attacks (beyond your current bonus) focus would let you maintain stealth and "slip away" again better.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »

The four of you sit in your watchcar across the street from  the two-story brick industrial building. The car is protecting you from scans or the like, but you have to get in there to bust the arms traffickers sometime. You know there are at least six targets in the building, and they possess some light explosives but primarily automatic weapons. You are to take targets alive if possible.

The surrounding buildings are functionally identical to the target building and each structure has a side, a back, and a front entrance. You see nobody in the windows.

You are each wearing body armor and carrying an assault rifle and two spare magazines (30 rounds). You have handcuffs, tazers, and handguns with one spare clip. (10 rounds)

Begin.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 08:56:46 pm »

Start by checking the perimiter. See if there's any places to sneak in, or if they are guarded and we have to go in loud,guns blazing. If I see one of them, don't take my eyes off them, and keep hidden.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:01:32 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 09:18:19 pm »

Nobody is visible from where you are, for the record.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »

that's why I am doing a perimeter check, in case they're concealed.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 09:25:28 pm »

that's why I am doing a perimeter check, in case they're concealed.
Okay, wanted to check.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 12:50:24 pm »

Silence distracting thoughts on Dustan to boost his searching ability
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 05:19:35 pm »

Get up close to a building and perform a scan around the area looking for hostiles

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »

Start by checking the perimiter. See if there's any places to sneak in, or if they are guarded and we have to go in loud,guns blazing. If I see one of them, don't take my eyes off them, and keep hidden.
Scout the surrounding buildings, and take note of entrances.

Not sure if that overlaps completely with perimeter check but maybe it doesn't.
Silence distracting thoughts on Dustan to boost his searching ability
Get up close to a building and perform a scan around the area looking for hostiles

The four of you step out of the car and into the noise of the city, thoughts swirling in the background as you make your way around the building.

The short brick building shows its age as you walk around the soot-darkened brick. Dustin's thoughts spin idly at a quiet background noise level as he eyes the building. Excoriator helps out by silencing the most disruptive thoughts in the loop. [6+1] You spot an unlocked window in addition to the three doors you saw earlier, and another on the second floor. Both are on the left side of the building. You see nobody, but you're fairly sure there's some movement on both floors visible from the left side.

Erinyes looks to the perimeter. [4] There's not much activity other than a few civilians walking by, putting their heads down and walking by. One guy on the sidewalk near you keeps a wide berth, head turned away. You don't notice any  suspicious thoughts on the surface. You'd have to ask him for permission to read any deeper.

Snajo finds nothing that Dustin does not.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »

Name:Fishtrain Lai
Class and Focus: implanter, combat
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 0
Speed: 3
Mind: 3
Will: 3
Focus: 0

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:47 pm »

breach quietly and continue searching for targets. Be especially cautious about the left side of the building.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 09:16:03 pm »

Boost Dustan's speed, just in case he's attacked and needs to dodge.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:04 pm »

Lets say I have a riot shield equip instead of a AR-15, if not go to the police van and pick up a riot shield. Than rush in the building using my mental sensors
Pages: 1 [2] 3