Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.  (Read 18186 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:55 am »

I've been thinking about it, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing first. It'd definitely make a good game to do one with though.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 12:49:10 pm »

i think it's a bit too early for that, tbh. give it a couple patches, let them flesh out the base game first. at the very least i want to see the factions fight each other.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 02:24:02 pm »

Playing my own mix for BGM, as soon as I get gunned down The Sound of Silence kicks in. Hello darkness, indeed.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 04:18:44 pm »

played this a bit. it's weird but the pistol seems way more accurate than smg, even on the first shot. the single combat zone gets stale real fast, but the game is otherwise extremely good for a 0.1

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

Decided to pick this up. It's pretty fun, even as barebones as it is right now. I managed (after getting rekt by armored bandits several times) to recruit a small army of volunteers and capture the bandit-held town, and after clearing the bandits out from the immediate vicinity started skirmishing against the Uman Brotherhood next door. The combat is fun, though I'd like if squads had a little bit more autonomy. The new control scheme helped, but it still gets pretty chaotic once you get to having more than a handful on the field, and the fact that you can only issue orders to one of them at a time doesn't help matters either. I also discovered a bug. It seems that when you're fighting to defend a town you sometimes aren't able to deploy properly, with the game thinking you have some absurdly high number of them on the field when really it's just the first one you put down. I lost the town and my whole army because of that, though I haven't been able to reproduce it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:32:19 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 09:52:34 pm »

Do enemies only spawn in the red? All of my encounters have had me get attacked from behind, coming from outside of the red circle, although if they've just walked around me, I wouldn't be surprised.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:06 pm »

They spawn somewhere random, same as you, and will try to move themselves to the red zone. If they're spawning behind you consistently it's just bad luck. Personally I tend to see them moving in the same direction as my own forces but 800 feet to one side.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 10:12:54 am »

[...] I also discovered a bug. It seems that when you're fighting to defend a town you sometimes aren't able to deploy properly, with the game thinking you have some absurdly high number of them on the field when really it's just the first one you put down. I lost the town and my whole army because of that, though I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Also do note in the current patch (0.105...huh! So early!), there's a bug that when you have garrisoned troops and the town is attacked, picking any garrison'd troop will bug out the battle and result in a loss for you (and the death of all those garrisoned troops); best be a mobile army in this stage. :P
I have. :P That's what happens if you pick a garrisoned troop to defend. However you can defend freely with the squads YOU bring with you though, so even before the defense, just evacuate any garrisoned troop to your party.

Leadership is pretty nice though--even at '3' or '4', you'll have enough to carry 9 squads or more, depending on each squad's maximum number of people. Command caps at 5, making you only have 7 squads on the field at any time though.

Also just like M&B, you have a 'debug' or 'cheat' key.

Press End.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 12:33:47 pm »

......is this a mod though?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »

It is not. It's its own separate game, still in Alpha/Early Access/whatever.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:53 pm »

does anyone know if settlements with garrisons can auto defend themselves?

im all the way across the map, i do not believe i can make it back to homebase in time.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 05:49:13 pm »

played this a bit. it's weird but the pistol seems way more accurate than smg, even on the first shot. the single combat zone gets stale real fast, but the game is otherwise extremely good for a 0.1
When you get your first automatic weapon, the first thing you're going to want to do in battle in press the button to toggle it to semi-auto fire. You'll find this to be far more effective. There appears to be very little inaccuracy in any gun in the game, the main factor is recoil, so if you're taking single shots any gun can be extremely accurate. However, a faster bullet velocity means less leading moving targets and less estimating for bullet drop, so this will be the primary determiner of accuracy in the game. The other important thing is to find a gun with a good sight: Dot/holographic sights proving much better field of view immediately around the target than iron sights do, and make it far easier to see where your bullets have landed if they drop too much, compared to iron sights where your vision below the point of aim is obscured. I haven't got a scope with a significant zoom factor yet but I can only assume it makes shooting distant targets much easier.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 06:00:35 pm »

I kind of wish ammo worked the way quivers worked in Mount and Blade, only being used up in battles and refilling afterwards. Either that, or find some way of abstracting it that doesn't require me to go into town to buy more magazines.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2018, 12:42:35 am »

I kind of wish ammo worked the way quivers worked in Mount and Blade, only being used up in battles and refilling afterwards. Either that, or find some way of abstracting it that doesn't require me to go into town to buy more magazines.
this is actually a thing. At least, I presumed it isn't that exact, and in mechanics it is.

What I mean is if you still have at least 1 ammo in that magazine upon finishing the battle, it "refills" next battle. Much like how bringing "just guns" has its free and only magazine full of ammunition.  :D It's not like M&B but it is fulfilling the statements the devs make. You do need space for ammunition but it isn't that harsh.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2018, 02:58:53 am »

I'm fine with having to schlep around to buy ammo, but I wish I could buy like a crate of ammo instead. Maybe because it'd save  lot of inventory space and money in the current system they could require us to stockpile ammo for our guys like food.

One thing to keep in mind is how fresh this game is though. There are going to be plenty of gameplay changes and balance adjustments as time goes on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9