Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.  (Read 18252 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2018, 03:23:24 pm »

hunting groups of 40 some bandits regularly yields 8k+ money, divvied up into two stacks not counting guns taken and sold. This is easily enough to recoup any losses, as even a Juggernaut runs me around 1200 to upgrade to that status, not counting any direct upgrades. I'm nto a big fan of the micromanagement for soldiers and preferred straight squads, but it's his game.
 I invaded a town recently, which took moderate toll on my soldiers but we got it.
I don't know about anyone else, but my game crashes every time I attack a non-bandit enemy. also, this latest update took the time it takes the game to start from like 4-9 minutes down to less then two, which was nice.
My most serious concern-bug aside- is that i've nearly got the number of squads i can carry maxed, being only 1 point away from carrying max squads into battle, much less having as many soldiers. I don't know if I can compete with the upper level armies with 100+ soldiers-can you send in squads to replace retreated or eliminated ones?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2018, 04:13:26 pm »

I believe you can, but it's been awhile since I've played.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 04:25:44 pm »

You can only command so many on the field at a time, but squads that retreat or get wiped open up space for more squads. I tend to retreat squads during sieges after they take a couple casualties, cycling my squads through until I feel confident in our ability to slug it out the rest of the way. You can also redeploy squads you've retreated, and they get a minor morale boost after taking a break if I recall correctly.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2018, 01:55:37 pm »

woah. the new system for units is fun.

i made a squad called "the suicide runners" solely from converted armored marauders. they're my assault team and in conjunction with Annas Partisans (my starting subleader), whose team comprised of snipers/elites and a medic, they're wrecking groups 3 times their size of regular infantry and bandits.

this is with my 4 teams of regular militia in the wings who i use to fill gaps but with the suicide runners and partisans, they're getting few kills.

i also blackjacked almost 250000 credits to fund this and with the fairly low daily wage, im just leveling, waiting for the right time to take the war to the brotherhood.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2018, 05:14:34 am »

Whats the end-game like?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2018, 01:27:27 am »

tried around the new update, I like a lot where it's going with units and equipment. spent the evening hunting bandits and trading gems and it was all around very fun

I've a couple minor gripes: the market system with fixed discount/demand is a little too easy to exploit. it's a 20% easy for each trip moving a discounted product to a normal market, 40% if you find the demanding town

ai visibility goes from shooting at you from way beyond their effective weapon range in daylight to being completely blind night time. I'd like the extremes turned slightly down, with flash and sound making a bigger impacts on detection as it's too easy to pick enemy off one by one with a smg at night (note that this applies only to low level enemies, later have nve)

there are no ways to range optics that I found

but I love the new map, the choke points and narrow path are more scenic and will surely provide more options later on

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:30:02 am by LoSboccacc »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2018, 05:51:37 am »

I'm not sure how to start a run in this.  I'm a pretty terrible shot and getting close enough to use the starting Makarov seems to go poorly, while just hanging back and commanding seems to normally get my dudes rekt.  That was fine in the previous versions, but I've had issues figuring out how to replenish my squads in the latests.  Though uh, I guess I just need to spend more time poking at it to figure it out, I guess.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2018, 07:44:07 am »

just my .2:

you can buy partial squads now.
one thing you can do if you don't like the shooting part is:
to pump up intelligence and command,
to hore as much as you can immediately,
split and balance your men across two squads,
take a quest to kill 4 bandit groups,
then pick on the smaller enemy groups.

in combat then on the map you get a red arrow from where the enemy spawn pointing toward it goes.

place one squad in front of the arrow, cautious. another squad far on the side of the arrow direction, in charge mode.

once the blocking squad has first contact, move the second squad from the side. once both squad are in contact set them to auto combat. it's important that squad form at least a 90 degree angle from each other to the enemy, as to force them to split firepower. once they're set, move in boulder to boulder and pick the enemy that relocate standing which are easier to shoot at.

you gonna get some casualty, but it's fine.

pump up medic and first aid with the next levels.

once you get 4 of the smaller 8 to 12 bandit groups you get a lot of money. get yourself a helmet and a mps7.

as squaddie level up, move the stronger into the team you use to cut the enemy, leave recruits at the flanks. this will ensure better survivability

make sure to upgrade the leader of each squad, those are at the front usually and could use some health upgrades.

> I'm a pretty terrible shot

not your fault really, the game has a pretty terrible fov, at combat range enemies are literally a handful of pixels: https://streamable.com/svfuv
but remember to spend your weapon points!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:45:52 am by LoSboccacc »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2018, 12:19:03 am »

This game is miserably, atrociously, bad. It is basically a modernesque Mount and Blade, complete with the same style of battle map and orders. The issue is the "modern" combat.

Animations are horrific, the FPS aspects are primitive and lacking, and the cross between FPS and Mount and Blade are heretical.

I'm not sure if someone played M&B and then wanted a really cool guerrilla warfare game (which is a great concept, don't get me wrong), or just smoked a few grams of crack and started coding. Either way, I can't recommend this game to anyone but the most hardcore of indie game explorers.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2018, 07:31:03 pm »

Well, It's a little late for that warning, given that I've played 2 hours of it. Also if you're going to lambast a game you might be better off doing so in a review or something and not on a thread dedicated to the game :/

From where I'm sitting it just looks like the equivalent of someone making a thread titled "DF is terrible" and posting it on these forums here.

I will agree, however, that the game contains more rough edges at this point than anything else.

In other news, .191 has been uploaded. Changes include a FOV slider, increased loot, less terrible auto-resolve, a cheat to reset the player if they get stuck, less maintenance of garrisons (50% less troop salary) and a few bug fixes.

EDIT: One of the bug fixes apparently involved one unit type holding their weapon backwards.

Like I said, rough edges.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:50:09 pm by AzyWng »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2018, 07:53:40 pm »

The game's still finding itself. If someone buys a game that's in version 0.1- expecting something polished and comparable to complete games then it's the buyer's fault. I see this as equivalent to playing .40d expecting what we have right now.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't played in a couple weeks. But that's mostly because they're still updating too quickly for me to do anything meaningful in the game with my current schedule, though partly because yes some key elements still need work.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2018, 02:14:18 pm »

still getting patched, still an awesome concept. the recent big patch added some graphical improvements and some ai improvements. oh, and you can load a custom flag image for your faction now too.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/773951/announcements/detail/1693802787346019354

time to upload a picture of elvis wearing sunglasses and call our faction the pompadours.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2018, 06:58:17 pm »

Is it a bug or a feature that the map retains stuff when you load a game? For example, if I save, buy a squad in a town, then load the game, the squad is no longer available for hire in the town, nor is it in my party. Is that intended as an anti-savescum measure?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »

sounds like a bug. fairly minor tho, squads reset daily i think. please let me know if anyone finds out different tho.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:22 am »

Wow, the payroll increase on level up is just plain crazy.  +2 health alone does not justify it after you've unlocked the classes.  It really does discourage fielding an experienced army.  At the minimum, I'd hope payroll is capped to companion wages... but it'd still be 250 per elite.  I can field a whole squad of freshly classed up units at 300-ish gold...

Oh right... apparently general units of 1 faction got wiped out by day 3.  Do they ever come back?
I also sniped 2 of the last generals from another faction.  One of them had 5 soldiers, the other 1.

CFA Peasants are literally the worst.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:18:34 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9