Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.  (Read 18075 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2018, 01:29:54 am »

you also get free equipment. but I agree it should be less payroll and player provided the equipment. why rent rifles when you can loot them!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeman got a large patch, includes enhanced ai, better diplomacy and settlement management. if i wasn't already bouncing between assassins creed odyssey, red dead redemption 2, x4 foundations and kingdom come deliverance, id already have jumped on testing this patch.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/773951/announcements/detail/1789523941896285787
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2019, 09:58:18 pm »

They removed customization of squads and your starter companion.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:35 pm »

But... why?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2019, 10:32:49 pm »

my guess is its part of the overhaul they did and it'll be reintroduced later.

combat feels pretty swanky now. i like the kick and feel of guns but the sounds a bit off.

i should really bump this but its not important; its definitely temporary, i see that the squads still have slots and there's an unused units box in the bottom left.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:06:41 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2019, 03:41:20 pm »

But... why?

Well, there goes my interest in buying.  I'll wait and see if it gets put back in.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2019, 07:06:21 pm »

customizing squads (ie combining units of different squads) is back in, customizing individual units (like gear) is not. don't know about companions yet but if i see one ill let ya'll know.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2019, 02:07:41 am »

customizing squads (ie combining units of different squads) is back in, customizing individual units (like gear) is not. don't know about companions yet but if i see one ill let ya'll know.

I guess I can't complain about a feature that was not in Mount & Blade and other games. But what can I say, I just love playing paper dolls with my virtual characters.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2019, 06:29:43 am »

I guess I can't complain about a feature that was not in Mount & Blade and other games. But what can I say, I just love playing paper dolls with my virtual characters.
Make. Customizable. Units.

I want to play dress up with dogs of war. I have never wanted anything more than this. I understand that having every individual unit be customizable can cause problems and could even be prohibitively tedious but I cannot understand why players would be unable to edit at least one unit class it always seemed like a huge oversight in Mount and Blade. 

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »

I didn't like customizable units, because by the time it mattered I was spending more time upgrading the units as I got them and replacing individual squad members then I was, you know, fighting or moving around.
If you want full squads you're having to micromanage after every battle and shuffle in replacements until your troops are too tough to die-at which point the game is practically over.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 03:26:27 pm »

it looks like they're going the mount and blade style; no ingame customization but you can create your own unit trees with mods. i think that's a fine compromise. i personally get tired of trying to gear up more than a handful of people, both in this and in mount and blade. i'll just mod my own faction in when they release the mod tools.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »

I like what they're doing. Let's them work on a solid, cleaner experience. Let modders come in and break everything.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2019, 08:44:57 am »

Honestly if all that comes out of the game is "Modern Mount and Blade" as a baseline, with modding support, then I'll be perfectly happy with it. Things change when you're trying to build a game from scratch and something that works initially may not turn out after other features need to be implemented or refined further.

There are a lot of interesting mod ideas that have been done with Warband that still continue to this day despite it being a nearly nine year old game, so I'm sure that they'll return in some fashion, depending on how open their modding support is.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2019, 02:02:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/773951/announcements/detail/1629650588174194215

freeman recently got a big patch, bringing it up to 0.90. includes unit customization, as in gearing up individual soldiers, improved AI including factions needing income from villages/cities, diplomacy, and more.

i was wrong about my earlier hypothesis, but dang, the game got awesome. im only 30 minutes into this new save and its solid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9