Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mirrorriddle: A New Succession Game  (Read 3995 times)

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
Mirrorriddle: A New Succession Game
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »

Hi, and welcome to what I hope will become:

Mirrorriddle: The Succession Game for Lazy New Graphically Challenged LAZY Players

I'm still rather new to DF, but, as the title implies, this fortress will be run with PeriDexisErrant's Starter pack for v 0.44.05 (http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622).
This is mostly because I took one look at the vanilla graphics and said "hell no."

With all of that, the rules are pretty basic, assuming anyone else wants to play this.

1: One year turns, with a listing at the bottom of this post. Please do some sort of RP log during your turn, and screenshots are very much appreciated. After your turn, send me the save so I can archive it, and I'll pass it on to the next ruler.

2: People get one week to do their turn, with extensions if needed. Just put up a message! (Or shoot me an e-mail from here? Still not quite sure how that works.)

3: Please, no intentional destroying of the fort, or fucking it up for the next person. If this happens, then the offender will promptly be removed from the playlist, and I'll pull the last playable save from the archive.

4: I have no clue how to do dwarfing yet, but if someone later down the line wants to, good for them! If enough people want it, we'll start a list of who's alive, and who's dead. (And if possible how they died. Should be good for some laughs.)

I'll go first, and please don't be too upset with whatever I give you guys. Have fun!

Year 1(Done): LeftHandofGod
ArgonianFly [BUMPED]
Year 2 (Done): Wertyzerty
Year 3 (Done): Rockeater
Year 4 (pending): Imic
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:17:31 pm by LeftHandofGod »

ArgonianFly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Mirrorriddle: A New Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:48:58 am »

I would be happy to join, as I have been wanting to try a succession game.
I believe dorfing is just adding a nickname to an existing dwarf for the sake of fun and roll playing; if you don't know how to add a nickname, you press U to view the dwarves, then Y to customize, and then whatever button it says for nickname. Please dorf me as a mason if you have one :)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:14:19 am »

I'm watching this.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:44 am »

I've got nothing else to do tonight, so I'll just slam out the foundation here.

14th Malachite, 196:

It's been a busy 8 months since we arrived, but despite a few initial setbacks (those water buffalo dying was NOT factored into the expedition expense estimates...) we've progressed and built a firm foundation for the next leader to take over. While the fort is still only one level at this point, there are hopes for future expansion at some point. A tavern has been built and we're reasonably well stocked with drink and food in the form of our plump helmet farm. Thank Armok for those hardy little plants. We've even recently begun work on smoothing down the cleared areas of the fort to potentially attract some more settlers. Heavens know we could use the extra hands...

1 Limestone, 196:

Armok has smiled on us! An immigrant wave a month ago doubled our population, and three military dwarfs visiting the tavern petitioned for citizenship. I'm confident we have the supplies to feed them adequately, but clearing and constructing more bedrooms and a barracks will have to wait a while until our miners have finished preliminary excavations on the second level. However, as summer passes into autumn, I must now hand the fort over to the next overseer and step back into the role of a simple dwarf.

Here it is. Year one of Mirrorriddle. Argonian Fly, you're up!
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13503
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:36:04 am by LeftHandofGod »

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:32:50 am »

I don't mind taking a turn, I've got time this week.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:36:59 pm »

Ok, so Argonian Fly hasn't responded to my message, and I'm bumping him. Werty, you want to go next?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:48:59 am »

Put me on the turn list, the succession world I was on ended
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »

alright, go ahead and take your turn next, just so we can get the ball rolling, please. Link to the save is above this post.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:11:44 pm »

You are talking to me?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 04:20:05 pm »

OK, I'll take my turn.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:50 pm »

Thanks. I don't know how to add visuals, but if you want to, that'd be awesome.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 01:11:14 am »

Enclose your direct image links within:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
You'll have to upload it somewhere first, like imgur.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:26 am »

Cool. Didn't know I had to upload it first, thanks!

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 01:32:23 pm »

Ummmm... It's the first of Limestone 196 when I open the save. I'll finish this year and play the next.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 04:14:40 pm »

Mirrorriddled

1st of Limestone: Welcome to Mirrorriddled. As it’s getting closer to winter, I thought it might be a good idea to find a way to keep out the drafts and the goblins, if they come.  I’ll add a bridge first, but not before mining out all the minerals and making walls.
10th Limestone: After some job shuffling, people are finally allowed to move stuff around again. Also I will build a Trade Depot.

Problem. We haven’t got a door yet. Let’s see how this plays how. We have got a mercenary though…

I’m not sure how this works to be honest. This guy must be a pretty powerful warlock to transform into a deer. Anyway the weredeer killed a lot.

As I prepare to end my turn, I’m working on a production center. Filled with crafting and smelting, we need more workers to populate it. Also the level above was kinda confusing. Here it is:

The empty slots need to be filled with forges.
Pages: [1] 2 3