Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 10832 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Gods Race Rebirth: Turn One
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 11:08:26 pm »

It begins.

Research Phase 1.

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:11:56 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 1)
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 11:23:30 pm »

Design: True Birbs

Frankenstein monsters are all well and good, but they lack a few key qualities that a living creature would posses. For instance, the ability to reproduce. If your composed of several different creatures, odds are you genetics aint gonna gell well without some special magics. Essentially, all this design does is have us sort the different parts available to us so that any one creature we make is built of parts that are all genetically compatible. This way, they are capable of reproduction, and thier kids wont even need stitches! Since this is a little light for a design, we we additionally include the wings and claws as part of the creature itself, instead of equipment it is using.

Essentially, real creatures capable of reproduction with thier weapons and wings innate.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:27 am »

So basically we're making non-magical Archangels that act like and are shaped like Ressurectionists
Sure. Doomblade, I'm expecting large buffs to this roll.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:20 am »

Revision: Saurus

The Ressurectionists creature archetype are fine and dandy as a unit for skirmishing and close aerial support, but it doesn’t provide the thing that every army of all types need, infantry aka frontlines. The Saurus warriors is a revision of the frankenstein flying units to perform this task. The fleshy skin is replace with smooth yet quite lightly armored scaled, and the light crystal talons are instead more like claws to the Saurus, a nice asset of natural weapons. The wings are removed from all creations of these creatures and replaced with teeth as well, and yet the most distinctive trait of them except that they are reptilian humanoids is of their musculature status. While often being referred as “swole” by them, they are quite muscular and are a eight-footed figure, as this provides them with the power to handle and toughen out blows, and allow their natural claws or strikes from any other melee weapon with a more powerful force to them.

They march in ordered cohorts and unison with a distinct sense of purpose that those who lack their cold reptilian mind will never be able to grasp. Saurus Warriors are blue-scaled 8 foot tall line Infantry, and they understand their purpose as a soldier and are designed for war. While changes like these are good to the mental status of the Ressurectionist creatures, it has derived them with a more primal instinct,  and results that these reptilian warriors will fall behind it when they are under pressure of enemy forces. Meaning that they may go on a rampage against the closest enemy unit and ignore the orders of their leaders when they are taking losses and damage. This doesn’t make them immune to psychology tactics though, even these reptilian warriors can still be affected by things such as fear and terror, of respective enemy forces.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:54:19 am by Shadowclaw777 »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 09:51:50 am »

So you literally want to make the Warhammer lizardman??
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 09:53:38 am »

Originality comes in many spectrums

So yes

Edit: Also Lizzies from Warhammer are considered a holy faction, a crusade against the skaven and daemonic forces, so it goes inline
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:55:55 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 10:01:46 am »

Originality comes in many spectrums

So yes

Edit: Also Lizzies from Warhammer are considered a holy faction, a crusade against the skaven and daemonic forces, so it goes inline
If we're doing WH lizardmen, can we make them not so totally devoted to "god's plan" that they decided to move an entire fucking mountain back to where it's "supposed" to be, killing an entire civilization dwarves in the process?
Just as an example.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 10:06:38 am »

That’s only the Sladd and their ridiculous magical abilities, and having cross-continental mountain destruction would be great for an army, just saying. Though we have room for interpretation and manipulation, I don’t imagine us to be that rigid with our actions, but they still are considered a “force” against the evil side, and are considered at least protecters in some manner. I believe they also have powerful light magic and whatnot

Also the cool factor of having dinos, which as powerful shock and terror troops, should not be underestimated.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 10:11:17 am »

Well of course. This is our inlet to dragons!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 11:33:00 am »

How about we invest in a bit of something that at least resembles a BIT of originality?

Thevryn
In the West of the Calad Aranarth (Can we reuse the names?), there dwell a strange race, like a smaller Archangel. Standing at about six feet tall, with clever hands and keen eyes of grey, they are the Wrights, masters of all crafts. Born with an innate ability to use any sort of crafting or construction magics, the Thevryn are incredibly intelligent and naturally inventive. Be it wood from the Fervain Eryn, or stone and metal from the Ered Caladcarn, or even purest Light from the very Orodrim Anoer, they can shape it into nearly anything, from the grandest of fortresses to the smallest and most delicate of ornaments. For now, they merely craft with their hands, as we have no magics appropriate for them to use.

Stolen saved from the abyss of the previous gods race, revamped a bit to work better with our new face. I really wanted to see how that previous one could've proceeded, I'm kind of annoyed that the threads were "opened" for public viewing, as it were.

Also, Shadow, you DO realize that we have three actions, and it doesn't have to be one design, one revision, right?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 10:00:31 pm »

I mean lizardmen also have a basis of things we have, mainly the natural weapons we get access to. Also, the revision stated from a earlier discord message from Doomblade, about the Saurus warrior being “1 difficulty over normal”, because of their musculature but because it’s a revision instead of a design. It’s a much easier thing to do a revision and a design. Also lizardmen gives us some knowledge of reptilian things, so it provides us with a basis for dragons and dinos, and whatnot.

Basically, the only problem I see with my revision is at the cost “originality”, while yes a cool thing. Don’t you understand the cool factor of having dinosaurs as shock troops, we even have access to burning light magic, and can place it on a “solar engine” which would be a Aztec cannon I guess? And mount it on a dinosaur, lol. Isn’t the way in a Arms Race the “combined arms” tactics the best way to go? Having a variety of infantry, “cavalry”, ranger support, artillery, etc instead of having super godtier magic users and archers, the best way have a successive lead in it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:13:16 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »

Yes, lizardmen are based off of things we have. No, that does not make ripping something directly out of somebody else's work make us look any better in the eyes of the enemy, or anyone else, which is my primary complaint with lizardmen. Although I'd also appreciate something with more interesting features, i.e., stone-eating rock-armored whatever-the-heck-you-might-want-to-make-them-look-like. Well, also it's not REALLY a reptile if it's not cold-blooded, and none of our stuff is going to be cold-blooded, because we live in a darn plane of ice and wind, and for SOME REASON I don't think a reptile would appreciate it here.

I'm not convinced of the logic you are presenting here. Dinosaurs are huge reptiles, which gives them GREAT shock-trooper value...and also makes them a huge target for projectile weaponry and magic. Combined arms is usually better than being completely reliant on one particular thing, yes. However, we can make use of combined arms far better if we don't have to pay for weapons (Since the goal of the Thevryn is to produce our weapons and other equipment for us, as well as constructing anything we might want to be built later). Back to the logic, dinosaurs are liable to be hugely expensive as well....and I'm not arguing for godtier anything anyway, at least not yet (There may come a time when it's a good plan to have ridiculous things of some sort available...._, soooooo?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 01:50:35 am »

YOU WANT ORIGINALITY, WELL HERE’S INDIVIDUALITY

Quote from: Veloci
Revision
As repeated, the saurus warriors were lacking in individuality and yet we still needed a frontline infantry unit. The Velocis are still eight-footed reptiles, that keep their “swole” nature or rather their musculature status to them. However, they are less like reptiles, and more like birds, and truly more like raptors or theropods. They keep the light crystal talon and yet are slightly altered to seem more like claws, and their wings have been altered to look quite flanged as of a raptor, as it really doesn’t help them with flight anymore, it connected to their arms and it just slightly helps with agility and helping with jumping down surfaces. The wings may be lacking on the creature, but it’s light crystal fangs and teeth are not, and it gives the creature a powerful bite and allows it to use its own natural weapons to its advantage. They are truly a hybrid between humans and  theropods, of a species

Most of the Veloci resulting from their theropod heritage, have their claws and graspers altered in such a way that they can hold weapons, shields, and utilize equipment. Mainly this is done by adding a opposable thumbs to their graspers. The Veloci feathers that assort the creature, have a wide variety of chromatic colors, but they usually have brown feathers for their body and a rainbow blue to red Macaw feathers for their reptilian head. The Velocis still keep their ferocity as a predator, and when under combat pressure from another unit, they may ignore the orders from their leaders and go on a rampage against the closest enemy unit. At least it’s better than having them routing when their units are taking pressure.

Their is a hidden kink that the Gods do not talk about the Veloci, due to their heritage of the Ressurectionist frankenstein creatures, they are secretly flesh-mashed up creations. Indeed they are flesh velociraptor automatons, except that they their given the sentience to understand what they have become. Their only motive in life is of war and the hunt, and they know nothing else
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:02:08 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 11:11:03 pm »

Alright, well, let's start this "voting" thing, I guess. This thread needs more activity, that's for sure.

Quote from: Votebox
Thevryn: (1) Madman

I stand by my assertion that originality is cool, and the availability of weapons is also cool, especially since (GM clarify please!) it looks like our present creatures use "equipment" that allows them to fly and stuff.

And if that's the case, it's quite possible that the Thevryn could literally build our creatures for us. Or, you know, we could invent golems/mechanical somethings-or-others and have them make those instead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 11:22:40 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Thevryn: (2) Madman, Glass
Having smiths is in general helpful. I'm thinking we get some to make bows so that we can outfit some of our dudes with those instead of claws, and expand from there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13