Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 10853 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 1)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:20 pm »

Yeah and the GM also clarified things like biological needs are unnecessary traits to care about for a thing, we’re all living in a heaven paradise here. And my idea is loading with individuality to it, it combine bird elements and frankenstein flesh horrors

About a smith race, is that they will be nice when we get more races and equipment on our line, but we should probably go for a good backbone before we start with support elements. Also your thing is a basis of a design which is more difficult than a revision, it may be an attempt at an revision with creating lesser archangels.

Quote from: Votebox
Thevryn: (2) Madman, Glass
Veloci: (1) SC

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 11:38:24 pm »

Quote from: votes
Veloci: (2) SC, TamerVirus
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 11:39:35 pm »

Veloci: (3) SC, TamerVirus, DW
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 11:51:33 pm »

Yeah and the GM also clarified things like biological needs are unnecessary traits to care about for a thing, we’re all living in a heaven paradise here. And my idea is loading with individuality to it, it combine bird elements and frankenstein flesh horrors

About a smith race, is that they will be nice when we get more races and equipment on our line, but we should probably go for a good backbone before we start with support elements. Also your thing is a basis of a design which is more difficult than a revision, it may be an attempt at an revision with creating lesser archangels.
Originality =/= individuality

Yes, it's a design. Your Veloci might also be a design. In this game, the primary difference between a design and a revision is whether or not you have to prototype it.

I reiterate: Our creatures appear to already make use of "equipment", and the Thevryn should thus be able to offload some of the costs of our most basic unit. Instant usability.

Also, the Veloci have a bunch of weird intentional failures ingrained in them, which is generally not a good plan in Arms Races, unless you want to get Very Hard for having extra "Features" and then having the bugs be "oh by the way those flaws you put in there? Yeah, they're screwing you over now".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:37 am »

Originality =/= individuality

Yes, it's a design. Your Veloci might also be a design. In this game, the primary difference between a design and a revision is whether or not you have to prototype it.

I reiterate: Our creatures appear to already make use of "equipment", and the Thevryn should thus be able to offload some of the costs of our most basic unit. Instant usability.

Also, the Veloci have a bunch of weird intentional failures ingrained in them, which is generally not a good plan in Arms Races, unless you want to get Very Hard for having extra "Features" and then having the bugs be "oh by the way those flaws you put in there? Yeah, they're screwing you over now".

Yes they have their purposes and that is of the creation of equipment, if we had the respective equipment to carry, they would be a support creation that incentivizes us to make equipment as it would provide a reduction of expenses in fielding those equipment. Case in point they would be a support role, and have the intention of being a thing we can specialize further upon.

The intentional weaknesses in a creature should not add difficulty to a design, that is honestly absurd, the entire point of those things is to make it easier to create or help the GM with thinking of a weakness to the design if its deployed, while also adding thematic description to the design. If anything the extra “features”, as you referred them, all provide a role for the unit and that is of increasing their combat performance, and the weaknesses is of compensating for it. However I can see of making the creature simpler just for it easier to be understood and created , but the Theryn don’t seem that simple to me.

I mean if it utilizes thing we have knowledge for, and improved upon it for our own creature, unless its really difficult with knowledge to make something muscular and strong. The Theryn utilizing of light magic to create anything, would surely increase the difficulty as we have, because they lack basis in what they have is why I’m not discouraged to choose it or recommend it

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:59 am »

Veloci: (2) SC, TamerVirus, DW
Birbs: (1)  Helmacon
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 02:49:56 am »

Veloci: (4) SC, TamerVirus, DW, strongpoint
Birbs: (1)  Helmacon
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 03:52:36 am »

I can confirm that Introducing weaknesses that are actually relevant reduces the difficulty of a design, as it implies better knowledge of the internal workings of a creature.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods Race Rebirth: Turn Two
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2018, 07:40:25 pm »

Research Phase 2.

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Apologies for the delay.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:50:45 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2)
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2018, 08:05:21 pm »

Resurrectionists:

These Frankenstein-esque creatures stand 5 feet tall and have light teal skin and blue glowing eyes. Sprouting from their backs are three-foot long wings of Lightcrystal with small claws at the top and bottom. Their hands possess 2-inch sharp lightcrystal claws. Their minds suffer from being made of different parts, And the creatures are as smart as orcs- cunning, but not as generally intelligent as humans.
Their hardened, embalmed flesh is strong get than a mere mortals, but they still bleed and die from it.

The magical abilities of these creatures is small- they only have enough air magic to fly.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:12:32 pm by Doomblade187 »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »

I guess we should prototype the dinos lizardmen Velcoi to see if we have anything that can muster as a frontline

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:45 am »

Not yet. We have a turn of production before combat starts, so we'll be "prototyping" everything then, while pouring out a lot of Resurrectionists.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 05:16:04 pm »

I'll put down some proposals:

Design:Lightcrystal javelins: Thin shafts of wood topped with a lightcrystal spearhead. Designed to be lightweight and aerodynamic, these weapons are meant to be thrown at opposing forces from afar. Purpose: long range skirmish weapon for both air and ground troops. Useful for disrupting troop positions.

Design: Burning Light 'Blasters': A long two-handed staff designed to emits beams of burning light in controlled blasts. A medium to long range weapon, this will provide our forces with an alternative method of damage dealing from afar.

Design: Portable Shielding Stone: Using our strong basis in shielding magic, Small hemispheric stones are engraved and enchanted with a temporary shielding spell. A single-use support item, the spell is activated on user command, allowing the creation of on-demand ground cover for our troops. Could possibly be enchanted with air magic to provide zones of aerial cover as well

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »

Revision: Conglomerate Purification

A purifying of the nature of flesh-golem creatures that allows them to reproduce as any other being would. This should allow for normal population growths of both the Veloci and the Ressurectionists, as well as any other creatures that may be made via flesh-golem shenanigans in the future.

(should this maybe be a research/knowledge action instead? Intended to be a universal upgrade to Frankenstein creatures, but really just amounts to us knowing how to do it...)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2018, 11:34:34 am »

Research Mithril Shield and Spear Set:
For our brute force we have designed a Mithril tower shield and a Mithril spear of 5 meter length. By applying these new tools to our veloci they become a tough impenetrable wall comparable to the mighty 300.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13