Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 10870 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 2, Production)
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

Foundry update:

1 Foundry is 2500 Power to build.

1 Foundry has 10 Foundry Hubs.
1 Foundry Hub uses 100 Material/turn and needs 20 workers (Thevryn).
1 Material is equal to 1 power for equipment
1 Power = 2 Material (may be rebalanced depending on future developments)
You must run 1 type of equipment per foundry Hub. Any wasted material is not refunded, material is not shared between foundries.
You do not have to run all Foundry hubs in a Foundry. This doesn’t cut maintenance cost, though.
1 Foundry costs 200 Power/Turn to run. You can choose to not run the Foundry if you want, and this will save the maintenance cost.

Thevryn now produce 10 power of equipment for 8 power (rounding output up)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:37:51 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2018, 11:33:38 am »

1 Material is equal to 1 power for non-magical equipment. (Mithril counts as non-magical)
1 Material is equal to 1 power for magical equipment.
Since I can't ask about this quickly in Discord: is this supposed to be like this?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2018, 11:38:30 am »

As I mentioned on discord, yes. It was just strange holdover formatting. I have edited for clarity.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2018, 11:46:06 pm »

Someone wants to write a plan?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2018, 11:47:31 pm »

Someone wants to write a plan?
And this is why I built the spreadsheet. :)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2018, 11:50:15 pm »

On phone so I can't do much
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2018, 11:54:57 pm »

On phone so I can't do much
Aw. I understand. If you want, just give me general splits, like "send half ressurectionists to air plane", and I'll make it work.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2018, 12:15:32 am »

Naw, I will write something when I get home

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2018, 03:06:13 am »

3,500~ Aquatic Plane
2000 on Aquatic Dinos (334+7=341); 1000 on Angelic War Clerics (143) (3,005 Current Cost)
500 on Armor (50 Enchanted Mithril On War Clerics, +1 Enchanted Bronze on Aquatic Dino )
Total Cost: 3505
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3,000~ Air Plane
1,500 on Ressurectionists (214); 1000 on Angelic War Clerics (143)
500 on Armor (50 Enchanted Mithril on Ressurectionist)
Total Cost: 2999
~~~~~~~~~~~~
3495 on Foundry
2500 on Foundry, 199 Thevyrn

Total Cost: 9999

2 Extra Energy per Thevyrn for Equipment + Plate Enchant Reduction by -3; 10 Currently Jobbing (So 20+30 Energy Saved on Enchanted Mithril)

Utilize 50 Energy on Aqua Dinos and Extra Armor, +7 Dinos + 1 Enchanted Bronze

Done? Call it Plan Alpha Crystal, why not

Send All Current Forces Except Archangel to Air World (And Thevyrn Stay in Light Plane)
Send All Archangel and Aquatic Division to Water World

Quote from: VoteyBox
Alpha Crystal: (1) SC
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:12:48 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2018, 02:33:38 pm »

Quote from: votebox
Alpha Crystal: (2) SC, Rockeater

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:19 pm »

Quote from: votebox
Alpha Crystal: (3) SC, Rockeater, Glass
Sure, why not. If only to show that we're not all dead.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Light (Turn 3, Design)
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2018, 01:47:09 am »

Combat Results:

Water Realm:

Archangel
2 Veloci
336 Thelassic Veloci
143 War Clerics

Your soldiers dive into this portal, the armor of The Creator's angels softly clinking against itself. Luckily, angels don't need to breathe, so while they aren't the strongest swimmers, and their armor weighs them down, they get by well enough. By comparison, the thelassic veloci swim in bold loops, testing their limits. This does attract a greedy nibbler, but the veloci band together to fight it off with minimal injury and there doesn't seem to be a pack around to back it up. The Archangel seems bemused by the creature’s efforts, and as the group begins to move onwards, takes up a central position, gliding upright through the water with no visible physical effort.

Keeping an eye out for natives, the party makes for the first of the air bubbles, some of the veloci towing the slower warpriests. As they close, however, they note a presence approaching rapidly in the water. The formation of veloci quickly forms up to face the threat, a school of golems against the natives of this realm. The initial exchange would have gone entirely the way of the natives, except for the efforts of the Archangel. A softly glowing ward deflects the thrown harpoons, sending them floating away from your troops. The veloci on the fringes swim forth, aiming to engage the slender amphibians in hand to hand combat. The two packs meet, the smaller number amphibians scattering as they realize their mistake. Unfortunately for them, very few escape, and those that remain are outmatched by the veloci, their sharp but fragile teeth and pointed claws no match for the toughened flesh and crystalline claws of the veloci. The veloci attempt to chase down the survivors, but are vastly outmatched in swimming by the eel-like forms.

Unfortunately, a side effect of the conflict that would be trivial in many biomes shows its face as a large swarm of nibblers approaches from below. The warpriests have barely finished repairing the damaged veloci, sans the only dead member, as the school closes on your troops. The armored veloci leads the counter charge, swimming at their own slightly slower pace to rake one of the lead predators as the others follow behind, biting deep and holding on with claws buried deep in its sides as the two fall back into the heart of the school. At the same time, the Archangel drops a protective shield over all the members of your force, so the following battle is entirely one-sided. A swirl of blood flows into the water, staining it a dark purple as the predators meet their new masters.

One short swim to the air bubble later, a curious sight appears. While the top surface of the earth in the bubble shows minimal signs of habitation, there appear to be pockets carved into the side, small holes in the moist earth. It's here that the locals to make their home. The survivors had warned their allies, however, and the evidence of a recent departure is evident. Regardless, as your troops start to make their way into the bubble, the wall easy to pass through while still not allowing water, the remaining natives strike.

Unfortunately for them, the Archangel has very good eyes. As it drops a ward across your soldier, it turns and slashes a forcefield though the leader of the group, cutting it in two. It lets out a harmonious laugh, one reaching across frequency and melody to rumble through the chest of your forces. The rest of your forces meet theirs, the swarm of probably 100 swimmers surging up around the sides of the bubble to fight. The locals also carry knives now, forged out of some dark stone, the same as their harpoons. Unfortunately for them, it's no contest. While one or two veloci die, their wards overwhelmed, the locals are outfought and outnumbered, their ambush tactics rendered worthless by the Archangel. It's a clear victory, and while several swim away faster than your soldiers can follow, you have won a great day in this fight.

Losses: 5 Thelassic Veloci, 2 Veloci

Air Realm:

1643 Resurrectionists, 50 with enchanted mithril plate
143 War Clerics

Your soldiers fly through the portal, wanting to avoid an awkward transition, and are instantly at home. The resurrectionists are at home in the cloud sea, as are the war clerics. Flying over to the nearest floating island, they set up a basic camp, not that it needs much given their lack of hunger. No native creatures are visible from the current vantage point, though the puffy clouds remind your troops of the floating creatures the scouts had sighted. After a brief inspection of the floating island, in which time you are unable to discern quite how it floats, the troops move forward, pushing towards the next set of islands, beyond which the large island with a small volcano can be seen.

And then the ambush strikes. Encompassing the entire island a group had stopped on, a large contingent of strangely puffy creatures silently jets out from below the island. Holding strange, wide-bore pipes with multiple handles, the creatures open fire with a whisper, barbed hooks of what appears to be bronze or copper flying out at high velocity from the barrels, spearing into the soldiers on the island. The twisted rope-like materials that trail behind prove to be the real threat, however. The natives had already drifted back from the blast of the initial shock, but as the projectiles land, their slender arms grasp the weapons and they blast away at unnerving speeds, towing the unprepared Resurrectionists along with them. Those quick enough for their comrades to hold onto them instead suffer large bleeding wounds, though the now-grounded healers can patch them up.

You still have over a thousand soldiers in the air, however, and they want their friends back. The airborne host descends from the island, swooping after the puffy natives and their towed comrades. Thus, the dogfight begins. The multiple arms of the natives prove useful in this as they try and continue their retreat, this time sending out spiked metal balls at high velocity. The impacts would normally not be too bad against the toughened flesh of the resurrectionists. However, the natives were aiming at wings. Several resurrectionists go down, flailing, into the mists below. However, with the last volley, the natives show their weakness. Their formerly puffy forms are deflated and weak, their formerly swift bursts now anemic as they struggle to inflate quickly enough.

With this opening, the resurrectionists strike. Swooping in with quick, brutal claw strikes and vicious bites, the first soldiers in go for the hunters holding their comrades, their claws flashing and spraying green blood through the air as the fleeing hunters die and fall, slowly and gracelessly. The sheer numbers of resurrectionists in the air mean that no more than two strike on the hunters are needed to set the remainder in rout. As the survivors flee, the Resurrectionists carry their wounded back to the angels on the island. Most pull through, but a few took exceptionally severe hits, and being dragged through the skies was not conducive to their survival.

You lost some soldiers, but your massive host presses onwards. You have a foothold. Now it's time to exploit it.

Losses: 75 Resurrectionists, 5 with enchanted plate.

Light Realm:

The Thevryn watch bemusedly as your other creations march to war, but are perfectly content to remain in their gilded foundry.

Spreadsheet updated, let me know if you need the new deployment figures.

Now is the Design Phase. Feel free to do all three designs at once.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2018, 11:22:55 am »

Idea: Angelic Negotiators.

Basically, units that work to convince the natives of the various planes to cooperate with us rather than fight against us, and maybe even to work for us. Even if they can't get native units to join our army, even if they can only convince some of the natives to not attack us, it'll mean that we lose less units in combat each turn, so that when we're finally fighting the Dark team's army, we'll have not lost as many units to what are basically the planes' "natural hazards" as they will have.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2018, 11:28:59 am »

That will be useful for a very short time, if we make them Mind Controlers instead of Negotiators we will have some use for them against Dark team

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2018, 11:45:22 am »

We could always revise them later on to create ones that can mind control. If they already have the base of how to negotiate and convince, it'll just make them that much more effective. And besides, it'll probably be easier to make negotiators than to make a group that does a new type of magic right now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13