Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 14009 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 03:44:02 pm »

Because we're doing a major physiological change.
You mean like making it over 5 feet tall and stronger then a normal man? Really, I'm not lying when I say its easy, and I don't get how adding more meat is harder then making something more intelligent. And we aren't just taking our own creations and changing them in our designs, we are actually making new things...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 03:54:41 pm »

Making a 5ft tall, stonger creature is not a major design if based on something existing, much more if brand new. You guys are minor God's, keep in mind.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 04:31:18 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Army:
The Unholy Pack (3): Piratejoe, Hawk132, Failbird105
The Berzerk Pack (2): Taricus, Zomara0292
The Dark engine (2): Voidslayer, frostgiant
The Geneforge ():

Champions:
Lich (1): Piratejoe
Bolter (3): Frostgiant, Taricus, Failbird105
Speaker (3): Hawk132, voidslayer, zomara0292
Adding my votes, I want the bolter both because having a powerful ranged attacker is a massive boon, and because it should help us making complex machinery in the long run by giving us something to base our work on(I imagine it would be fairly easy to make a simple cart carrying a manual ballista based on Bolters own).

As for the  army, as much as I don't want to repeat the same units as last time, the importance of having a base of magic to work off of cannot be understated. If we went for the Lich then I would definitely switch to orcs as the Lich gives us a magic base to build on to make up for the orcs lack of it.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 06:15:30 pm »

Army:
The Geneforge (0):

Champions:
Lich (0):
Bolter (4): Frostgiant, Taricus, Failbird105, Piratejoe
I agree with Failbird, Getting tech and magic would be a wise idea, as we can then get magitech which is probably quite a useful combination.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 05:40:20 am »

Army:
The Geneforge (1): Felissan

Champions:
Lich (0):
Bolter (5): Frostgiant, Taricus, Failbird105, Piratejoe, Felissan
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 10:46:50 am »

Army:
The Unholy Pack (4): Piratejoe, Hawk132, Failbird105, Crazyabe
The Geneforge (1): Felissan

Champions:
Lich (0):
Bolter (6): Frostgiant, Taricus, Failbird105, Piratejoe, Felissan, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 12:16:44 pm »

So I am thinking, if what we are doing so far turns out to win, that we make larger, stronger demonic troops and upgrade Bolter to fire that Etching Darkness acid poison cloud in his siege shot.  Force them to come to us or we turn the battlefield to our advantage, anywhere we want.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »

Personally, I think we need to either make at least a few thing that we have no current base for, or research into the workings of the magic and technology we do have to figure out other ways we can use them, but of course before we do this we need to figure out exactly what knowledge we have, because if this is like the previous one, then we only actually have 1 single spell, that being the one that lets us make objects shoot fireballs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods Race Rebirth Turn One
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 11:10:11 pm »

It begins.

Research Phase 1.

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 1)
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 01:56:24 am »

Research: Etching Darkness Crystal

We solidify etching darkness into crystal along with the "normal" darkness in various mixes.  We start with just a small amount of etching darkness being introduced to the crystal to see how it interacts, then try adding it in during the crystal forging process.   We attempt to create a stable, concentrated form of etching darkness which will render anything cut by or in contact with the crystal to be infused with etching darkness and suffering from it.

We may need to find other forms of energy we can add in to stabilize the effect, like pain, suffering, hatred, apathy and any other negative effect we can concentrate and solidify into the mix.

My plan would be to create weapons that suffering even a single scratch from would prove fatal due to directly being infected with entropic energy.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:55:04 am by VoidSlayer »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 10:49:49 am »

Is this a research action or a design?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 10:55:15 am »

Research: Beastmen
Research into the making of beastmen, primarily by studying the incorporation of the physical traits and capabilities of mundane beasts, primarily mammals, such as bulls, wolves, and moles with the basic forms of our imps to make bigger, stronger frontline fighters.

Doom, can you think of any major problems with this action? The one I can see is that we might not really have examples of said beasts to go off of.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:40:40 am by Failbird105 »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 11:56:17 am »

Is this a research action or a design?

It is meant to be research, basically combining two of our current techs into a new material.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 02:26:56 pm »

*sighs* missed this until it was too late to get lich+geneforge=custom bodies and undeath...

Body of Flame
By inserting a flame caster(or any other magic to flame converter) into an imp(or any other innate flame creature)'s spiritual nexus, and overloading it we can induce an explosion of purposeless(and thus freely malleable) flame magic into the beings living essence. This causes that being's essence to convert from physical life to thermal life, at which time it converts the physical body into fuel leaving only the creature's mind, spirit, and pyre attuned to the creature's innate fire control. While existing theories suggest that such a body would be incapable of producing its own magic, and thus exhaust its supply of fuel over a period of hours, it would in the intervening period have an immaterial and highly dangerous form that was completely under the control of its will, rather than a physical body that is subject less to the creature's own intentions and more to its physical environment.

In short: a spell to sacrifice an imp and a glow-rod to create a short-lived fire-elemental.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 04:18:37 pm »

Fireplume Golems:

Golems derived from the technomagic mechanisms that make up the Boltor.
The very mechanisms that make up their bodies share a liking to the clockwork and gears of the boltor.

Standing Almost double the Height of an imp and weighing many times over, the fireplume golems are Living Metal Walls, In addition to the magic that Gives them life, the golems posses the nexus of the various enchantment that give the golem life , the anchor spells for the life-giving matrix is located inside their heavily armored chest, beneath heavy metal plates that make up their outer shell, and then under the various gears and cogs that make up the inside of their body.
The head of a Fireplume golem is similar to a helmet, with a furnace-like grill in place of a mouth and a single slit where the eyes of an impnoid would go in the helmet.

The powerful technomagic of the Fireplume Golems make them living weapons. Their heavily armored gauntlets as capable as any metal mace, and their legs capable of grinding enemies into the mud through sheer force. However, The fireplume Golems do Go into battle equipped with Either a pair of Fire casters, embedded into their forearms or a pair of large Cog-like shields, that The golem can use to grind their enemies into a paste.
The Fireplume Golems Are the Beings that hold the lines.

Strong mainline infantry, based off the boltor. Comes in two configurations, Double Grinder shield (Big Gear-like shields that the Golem can use to grind and crush) Or double fire caster in their wrists, For a ranged flame attack.

Or

Mistress of the unending darkness(Champion)

The Mistress is a tall, thin and willowy individual, taking on a female form.

The Mistress of darkness was formed from the etching darkness itself, created so as to be immune to the effects of the darkness that had spawned her. This was done through a bit of sympathetic magic during their creation, after all, the darkness does not melt itself now does it?

Much taller then a imp, the mistress would only be a head taller then the average mortal human.
A mistress of darkness is a creature that does not see light when they are born, and if they had such a choice they would never bare the rays of their opposite upon their flesh. This lack of sunlight and constant life inside of the darkness has left the mistress with skin as white as plaster. There is no life to be found within the skin of these champions of the etching darkness.

A mistress gives off an illusion of fragility due to their thin forms, feminine appearances and Slender presence, This could not be more untrue. A mistress is easily able to pop an imps head with nothing but the bare palm of their hand, and Any damage that a mistress receives will be reformed from the very etching darkness that formed them.

They clad themselves in Large dresses, of their own choice. They use the swishing motion of these dresses to spread etching darkness around themselves.
When one of the dark ladies go to battle, only the screams of the enemy as they die can be heard, as the darkness created by the ladies of the dark is near impossible to be seen through.

A champion, based on the Etching darkness. Basically makes a big billowing darkness around her, the Will melt and kill anything else but her, in combination with regeneration and Basic Strength (not super strong, But enough to kill people that are already dieing via melting with their bare hands) This sets up work later for more billowing darkness, and an attempt to create some form of armour or suit that lets our forces Not die in the Etching darkness.

Action:
Research Beastmen ():
Research Etching Darkness crystal ():
Research Mistress of the Unending Darkness (1): Frostgiant
Design Body of Flame ():
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17