Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 3, Design)  (Read 14018 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 2, Design Phase 2)
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2018, 03:26:15 pm »

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:18:33 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2018, 03:27:30 pm »

Quote from: quantum sight
As my primary domain it comes to my attention that we lack basic quantum magic. Where fire is deadly and destructive, quantum magic is... strange, providing a wide range of abilities and spells, from the devastating quantum destabilization beams, to quantum shields, and advanced teleportation.
For now though, we must start with the basics, quantum sight, the ability to see probabilities of what will happen in the next few moments, making for a decent way to avoid traps and find pathways that are safe.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2018, 03:50:22 pm »

My god:
Quote from: Fizitnix
Within his domain, shadows grow darker as even perfect darkness contains too much light, hills of ash and bone lie nigh untouched by all but the bravest of imps and blackscales, he views himself as a divine balancing scale, taking from one to give them what they need, an eye for Forsight, an arm for "true" strength, Emotions for peace of mind...  But he is not evil, nor cruel merely Wise in his own way, always offering to return what is taken if the deal seems wrong to those who would take it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »

Shade
The shade is a humanoid shadow, in essence simply a humanoid raven. It is designed to serve as a worker, manifesting dark crystal tools and tendrils that go out from itself, enabling it to rapidly assemble and forge things. In addition it can imbue a part of itself into what it is working on, allowing it to make magical items and enchant normally non magical things. It can also use its ability to make tools to create dark crystal blades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:33:38 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 2, Design Phase 3)
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2018, 04:17:26 pm »

Ravens

By inverting the process of crystallising manifest darkness, we take the material kin of darkness, specifically ash*, and coax it into forming an immaterial aspect. By taking the examples of impish will and golem animus, we forge these into forms that resemble, in both form and function, birds of pure black. Their immaterial aspect spreads their animus across material separations, allowing them to almost instantly reform themselves from anything that doesn't either completely disperse their matter, too far for their immaterial aspect to spread, or attacks against their immaterial aspect, such as divine light. Further, they can spontaneously form beaks and talons of Dark Crystal, and constantly radiate an aura of darkness, invoking fear, doubt, and weakness in those they encounter, which can accumulate when they congregate in large numbers...

Something for the fire plane with a theme of being scary and difficult to defeat with conventional means, but somewhat lacking in direct firepower, what with them just being birds made of ash with a few small spikes. They should make for an effective support unit while being largely immune to fire and falling, which should make them effective at conquering the fire plane. They ought to be able to function in the water plane, but would likely be greatly troubled by being soggy. Still, soggy is better than extinguished which is what you would get from the typical fire minions...

*Ash being to fire what shadow is to light, the remnant of its absence. Shadow is a form of darkness, and fire is a form of light…

Hard, 2

Rationale: creating fire magic incorporeal ash golems, summoning natural weapons with magic, creating fear aura (dark magic spell).

2: The design has several flaws, but accomplishes its general purpose.

A truly revolutionary project in several aspects, the Ravens combine aspects from your imps, Bolter, and the Shadecrystal swords. The revolutionary aspect is not making golems with fire magic- they're similar enough that many of the mechanisms would be decently similar. The hard part is making them incorporeal. A bold move to be sure, but a surprisingly effective one - conventional weapons have almost no effect on the shadow-birds. Unfortunately, that is where the good news ends.

The experimental nature of the Ravens means that all the effort that would have gone to the other features simply didn't happen. The birds are incorporeal, and their form disperses and reforms as damage is received. They fly about as fast as a seagull, but if you were to dunk them in water, they would have a bad time.

The Shadecrystal claws were a decent project in of themselves, so you throw together some crafting magic real quick to allow the birds to have something. The birds can summon a few claws, but it takes them about a minute to do so, and they are tired out by the process, so they have to rest up a little bit. Luckily, once the claws are summoned they're set until the physical form is disrupted.

Regarding the curse, you managed to put one together, but it's not stellar, and only as good as a weak imp’s cackle. It functions much better in numbers, but currently single Ravens give off a vague sense of dread that can't be turned off.

They're also not very smart, and can't talk. They'll listen, though.

Contest Judgement after the rest of my homework.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:43:20 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Race Rebirth: Dark (Turn 2, Design Phase 3)
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2018, 04:33:41 pm »

Welp, raven went as well as it would've been. We went with too many things for it to do and to the surprise of... Well, probably anyone that actually supported it, it doesn't do them well.

(Design) Forgebound: Increasing the natural capacities of the imps, we could have a particularly skilled labourers that are magically talented and heat resistant. While losing the wings, and exchanging the claws for humanoid hands, the bodies of the forgebound are broadened and laden in muscle and some fat, with extra fire/heat resistance built in them to ensure that they can easily work with the furnaces and the blazing hot metal.

Designed with working in the forgeworks in mind, and being cheaper than most alternatives whilst being skilled labour makes them an optimal choice for running the forges for the legions. Not to mention the efficiency gains due to making them that extra bit fireproof so the heat won't impact them too much.

Quote from: Votebox
(Design) Forgebound (1): Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2018, 04:43:56 pm »

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:53:23 pm by zomara0292 »
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2018, 04:48:36 pm »

Hunter class shadow monster
A shadowy four legged monstrosity, this beast is made in a similar fashion to the raven, though larger, about the size of a large wolf. With the ability to manifest shade-crystal blades and having an incorporeal form, just like its smaller cousin.  They are still unintelligent, but they have pack instincts and are fierce hunters.
However these creatures differ in several ways. The first is simple, rather than being completely incorporeal, they have a small solid core, starting at about the size of a marble.
 The second main difference is that they do not have an aura of fear, instead they have the ability to drain the energy from their victim, stealing their lifeforce, they store this in their solid core, causing it to grow larger.
The third big difference is their ability to evolve, by going into a chrysalis and becoming immobile they may begin to evolve. While in this state their mind runs faster and become optimized for making adaptations to the environment, stealing adaptations, and devising new adaptations from their experiences. Unfortunately this ability is rather limited, only able to make small changes and adaptations, being unable to change their forms in any major way without a catalyst. This catalyst is energy from us, granting them the ability to completely change their forms and gain new abilities, both by either devising new ones, or basing them off of things they have eaten. This allows them to form entire new subspecies, with unique roles on the battlefield and greater capabilities to survive in the environment they are in.
Their third and final ability is the ability to bud off new cores from their own at a certain point, while this renders them weaker, and creates a weaker version of them as a copy, it is still an incredibly useful ability.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:08:44 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »

Evolver
The evolver is a wolf like organism, with the general shape of a wolf, but having feathers, spikes instead of fur and slitted eyes.
The evolver has a unique ability, the ability to drain the life force and memories of a target, rather than consuming the flesh, this makes them smarter and gathers energy/data for their next big ability. You see, the evolver can enter a chrysalis at which point they begin stealing adaptations and abilities from the things they killed, as well as creating new adaptations to help it confront the challenges it has experienced since the last time it entered this state. The adaptations it gains from this can be almost anything, from minor changes, to completely new forms and limbs. This lets them grow ever stronger and more efficient. Which nicely ties in with their final ability, the ability to reproduce asexually. They do this by simply laying a small clutch of eggs.
The offspring retain the adaptations of their parent, but not its size or strength. Eventually, groups can grow large enough to create entire new subspecies.
My Power armor arms race

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2018, 07:54:12 pm »

Welp, I know what I like and will support!

Quote from: votebox
Grue: (0)
Seeker v1:
Daemons:
Ballistae:
Dark caster:
(Design) Forgebound (1): Taricus
Quantum Sight (0):
Gupta Hakki (0):
Shade (0):
Hunter class shadow monster (0):
Evolver (1): Zomara

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2018, 08:00:29 pm »

Seeker v1:
Daemons:
Ballistae:
Dark caster:
(Design) Forgebound (3): Taricus, Zomara, DGR
Quantum Sight (0):
Gupta Hakki (0):
Shade (0):
Evolver (0):
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:17:47 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2018, 08:21:04 pm »

Seeker v1:
Daemons:
Ballistae:
Dark caster:
(Design) Forgebound (4): Taricus, Zomara, DGR, Crazyabe
Quantum Sight (0):
Gupta Hakki (0):
Shade (0):
Evolver (0):
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2018, 03:51:07 am »

Seeker v1:
Daemons:
Ballistae:
Dark caster:
(Design) Forgebound (4): Taricus, Zomara, DGR, Crazyabe
Quantum Sight (0):
Gupta Hakki (0):
Shade (0):
Evolver (1): RAM
Huh...
I... guess...
I sort of don;t want to advance on fliers right now, the ravens are enough to disrupt aerial forces so we they can't just sit back and snipe us, but the roll was not great and those evolvers do sounds nice...
Then again, ballista so we have more than one artillery piece...
Meh...

Huh? When did Zomara's vote change? You really need to say when you are changing someone else's vote, unless this is an edit thing?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2018, 05:22:08 am »

Sorry, yah, my vote did change, we agreed on that in the discord. It’s just that I had said that I would help with the forge after we handled our lack of a flier issue. Just keeping my word. To be honest, I would prefer the evolver, or my weird creature which has too much going for it, but. . .  Promise is a promise.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2018, 01:07:29 pm »

I have to say, I am impressed everyone thinks my evolver design is good. But for now, we should do the forgebound, for a few reasons.
1. We honestly need the ability to produce more magical equipment.
2. It would shut tarcus up (no offense, but dude you have been pushing for forgebound since day one.)
3. We won't have to pump more designs into the forge for a while.
4. The evolver is a good design no matter what, the forgebound is best when done early.
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17