Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Merchants Guild HQ  (Read 2602 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Merchant Guild HQ
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:46 pm »

As they are interested in becoming a lord, I'll vote for UristMcChladni. His proposal for the loan was straightforward and actionable. I would also compliment him on doing the night phase post(but it was supposed to be done by a guard).

The devil is in the details, but this is a new frontier, and I appreciate the desire to act. Let's just check the fine print next time. Good luck with this and future elections, Lord Kitt.

Maximum Spin / 2 / Maximum Spin, Thanatos Russ
UristMcChladni / 2 / UristMcChladni, roseheart
bloop_bleep / 1 / bloop_bleep
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 04:54:17 pm »

The election time has ended. But we have two top picks.

Either one can forfeit, or the first vote added or removed will determine the winner.
Awesome With Autism

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 05:38:34 pm »

Seeing as how I'm losing this anyway, I transfer my vote to UristMcChladni.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 07:52:33 pm »

As they are interested in becoming a lord, I'll vote for UristMcChladni. His proposal for the loan was straightforward and actionable.
The election time has ended. But we have two top picks.

Either one can forfeit, or the first vote added or removed will determine the winner.
Seeing as how I'm losing this anyway, I transfer my vote to UristMcChladni.
I appreciate all of your support! I'll try to have ballots posted for our future actions as soon as I can and we'll begin interacting with the main thread in a more unified way soon. Right now the Guards and Rangers all have clear concepts of their jobs, and I'm hoping we can develop as clear of actions for Merchants.

Anyone is welcome to post any suggestions for actions we could make possible. I'd love to develop some proposals for speculation and investing, as well as trade between goods and the like. Hopefully with the Ranger's Guild developing more natural resources beyond the gold currently being mined we'll have more opportunities for this sort of thing.

Also, we should come to some sort of consensus on the use of Guild funds. Should there be guild dues? Should we have profit sharing among active members? If we invest our gold, what level of risk are we willing to accept in those investments? Post your thoughts and we'll work towards a common understanding.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:58 pm »

Right now the Guards and Rangers all have clear concepts of their jobs, and I'm hoping we can develop as clear of actions for Merchants.
*Sheds single manly tear*

The day phase is very important.

Crafting items seems the big one. Improved picks would also sync with the Ranger's(wood, metal) and I second that proposal.

*hands over merchant master locket*
(So what are you title-ing yourself?)
Awesome With Autism

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 12:13:43 am »

I've spent like 2 hours updating the spreadsheet so that it can compute and store the statistic properties of several systems at once. (Ignore the auxiliary column, that's just to keep track of the position of the last '--' marker.) My god, was that stressful.

Fun challenge: try to find out what the hell this spreadsheet formula even does.
Code: [Select]
=IF(A2 = "--", SQRT(SUMPRODUCT(INDIRECT(CONCAT("B",G2)):B1, POW(MINUS(D2, INDIRECT(CONCAT("C",G2)):C1),2))), "")
I've already forgotten half of it, and I wrote it. Maintaining this thing is going to be a mess.

In related news, I've been trying to find the best parameters for our quest loans, although the lack of any decent quests from the Ranger's Guild definitely does make it hard to make accurate risk assessments. I've analyzed the boar hunt, though.

Boar Hunt
Description: A wild boar has been stealing food from livestock and causing damage to fences. This creature is quite a handful, and may get away from you. (80% success rate)
Cost: 2 gold
Reward: 4 gold

This has an expected value of 1.2, standard deviation of 1.6, and risk-to-reward ratio of 1.33 (exactly four thirds, in fact.) The fact that this quest has no specified time length (and that the length would probably be too short for us to generate any decent income from interest, anyway) makes it impossible for me to draw up a loan program for this. Maybe we should ask the Ranger's Guild to provide estimated time lengths with their quests next time?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Merchants Guild HQ
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 02:53:33 pm »

dibs (on day 2 phase-post)
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 11:19:31 am »

We are still deciding the minimal requirements for guild threads UristMcChladni.

But something that will be required, is listing Actions that your guild allows. Here are the initial ones:

ACTIONS
Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

LITERATURE
Spoiler: The Inventor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crafting Recipies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:22:05 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2018, 02:32:56 pm »

I've created the new Inventor's Guild thread. Please migrate discussion over there, and note that our function in the world has changed. If you would like to leave this guild as a result, please let me know so I can strike you from the roster.
Pages: 1 2 [3]