Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFhack a breeding pair of goblins  (Read 1037 times)

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFhack a breeding pair of goblins
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:28:21 am »

Hello,

I am very unlucky in getting goblin visitors coming to my fortress (It seems that only goblins from peaceful civs are coming as visitors, mercenaries, etc.).

Even when my dwarven civ is 90% goblin I just got 1 goblin visitor in about 20 years. That's why I am asking if there is a way to DFhack me two (same-age for the 10 year difference rule) goblins who are part of my fortress (citizen from the beginning) so that I can start breeding my own goblin population without waiting for 20 years in a new game to see that there are no goblin historical figures coming to my fortress.

It would be great when someone has an idea of how to do this because right now regular goblin migrants seem not to be a thing for even 90% gobo-dwarven civs.

Why I want to do this? I want to play a fortress for a long long time. And without an immortal goblin baron I wouldn't have the chance to play more then 150 years. And I want to great the ultimative goblin squad and epic goblin scientists and crafters. ;)

Even when many DF-fans don't like elves, I would also consider a cheat for a breeding pair of elves. I never saw an elven visitor, mercenary, etc. for my latest 10 games, so I don't know if they are even a thing.

A nice Sunday to you all!
Marianne

FingerBlaster3000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFhack a breeding pair of goblins
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:06 am »

while i dont know dfhack magic that would help you i know for sure you can get plenty of refugees of every race. only thing you need to to is to send raiding parties to goblin sites cause they very often hold prisoners. by just raiding i got myself full squads of both humans and goblins. i also got elven refugees but an unfortunate accident happend so, well, cant do anything about that

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:42:42 am »

You won't get visitors from civs you're at war with, and I doubt you'll get visitors from other goblin civs (since they're essentially in a cold war if it's not hot).
I think Vexxice (if I got the name right) finally managed to get spider people through hacking, either by conjuring them or corrupting dorfs, so you might want to search for that.

My current fortress has 3 human couples and one elven one, with 6 other humans and 11 elves accepted and me hoping for their spouses to show up and petition. All goblin petitioners have either had no spouses or had ones that were unlikely to show up, though, and no animal people even visiting (wild ones don't count), and the gremlins are AWOL as well (never succeeding in breeding those. I've had a goblin baby once, I think).

Refugees sound like a good idea, but I'm not ready to try that.

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:15:15 am »

while i dont know dfhack magic that would help you i know for sure you can get plenty of refugees of every race. only thing you need to to is to send raiding parties to goblin sites cause they very often hold prisoners. by just raiding i got myself full squads of both humans and goblins. i also got elven refugees but an unfortunate accident happend so, well, cant do anything about that

Wait a moment, I can raid a side for artifacts and have a chance to take prisoners with me? Or do refugees come from locations my dwarves raided?

I should give this a try.

one elven one

Should be enough for a full game because they don't die. Lucky guy.

-
Edit

I just dismissed my fortress and had a look into the Legend export files. There are no prisoners in my world to rescue. :/ The dwarves won't take prisoners by raiding? The only rescue existing ones in the location they raid, don't they?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:44:08 am by Marianne »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:33:19 am »

Yes, prisoners are released by the dorfs on raids, not taken. Also note that while there might not be any prisoners currently, there might be later.
Also, in another post, there was a curious case of a squad that mostly went missing after a raid, but came back much later with a refugee in tow, and the posted legends mode info indicated the AWOL squad members settled at a site, and the refugee settled there the following year.

However, none of my citizens will ever become baron, because I play dead civs (which means that I don't have to put up with stupid mandates, as long as I remember to replace the mayor after each election: the non mandating one I have was stupid enough to demand a rose gold bed, but not smart enough to mood into making one (possibly because elves don't mood), so he was disappointed the demand wasn't met...

If you want a goblin/elf baron I don't see why you need a pair. As you said yourself, they don't age, so unless they get in harms way they can keep the position forever (and goblins don't even need to eat, so you might be able to have a bricked up insane baron for the rest of eternity, using the old vampire trick, assuming, of course, you manage to bag yourself a goblin in the first place).

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 12:55:15 pm »

I think I found a solution?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152119.0

modtools/create-unit -race GOBLIN -caste MALE -name EVIL -age 176 -setUnitToFort
modtools/create-unit -race GOBLIN -caste FEMALE -name EVIL -age 176 -setUnitToFort

It seems that the setting of the civ doesn't work, so you have to use:
modtools/create-unit -race GOBLIN -caste MALE -name EVIL -age 176 -groupId ## -civId ##
## for your civID (gm editor) and then they will petition.

PatrikLundell, do you think I can use this command to create more then two goblin for breeding (and then killing them to make sure that no bugs will come out of their "nowhere creation") or can I use this command to create a greater stock of goblins to replace the dwarves as soon as possible?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:13:55 pm by Marianne »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:52:04 pm »

I don't know if it works, as I've never messed with it.

However, if they don't cause trouble during the females' pregnancies, I wouldn't expect them to do so in the long term either. After all, DF creates void dorfs without issues. As for the name, I'd probably make each one different (although you can nickname them for that).