Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Merging Meph & Vordak Graphics w/ Phoebus Tileset?  (Read 9974 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merging Meph & Vordak Graphics w/ Phoebus Tileset?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:00 pm »

Honestly, I thought that you would in some way transform phoebus set into a format 32x32, but judging by the screenshots you do 16x set, like XXTatteredXX 0.44.03.

In connection with the above, I ask you not to use in your work my dwarves - I drew them specially for 32х32 sets, then that someone will look at my work in a spoiled form, I do not like.

All the best and good luck.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 09:20:42 pm »

Honestly, I thought that you would in some way transform phoebus set into a format 32x32, but judging by the screenshots you do 16x set, like XXTatteredXX 0.44.03.

In connection with the above, I ask you not to use in your work my dwarves - I drew them specially for 32х32 sets, then that someone will look at my work in a spoiled form, I do not like.

All the best and good luck.

Sorry if I offended you man. By no means am I trying to claiming these works as mine, nor do I intended to do anything with this beyond my own personal use, this is just a mish mash of things I like which I, seeking advice, wished to see together in a functional form. More like a tribute to my favorite content. I could certainly take a look at resizing Phoebus to better compliment the 32x sprites though, just don't know how ATM.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:13:29 pm by tnuhnivad »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 09:45:54 pm »

That is a shame regarding the plants because I really like the Meph Plants! I'm using the only file for a 32x phoebus I could find. I found it in the LNP graphics pack. Although, still does look blurry but I play quite zoomed out most of the time so it doesn't bother me as much as it might some. I also kept your uber shadows which I like very much.

Instead of scaring Phoebus, you might also be able to use the "twbt tilesize 32 32" command. I think it has a similar effect.

Is this a command I would use in dfhack or the .ini's?
It's a DFHack command. You can add it to an "onLoad.init" file in the "raw" folder to have it load automatically. But since you are using Phoebus_32x32.png as your main graphics tilesheet, it's not needed.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 11:26:44 pm »

That is a shame regarding the plants because I really like the Meph Plants! I'm using the only file for a 32x phoebus I could find. I found it in the LNP graphics pack. Although, still does look blurry but I play quite zoomed out most of the time so it doesn't bother me as much as it might some. I also kept your uber shadows which I like very much.

Instead of scaring Phoebus, you might also be able to use the "twbt tilesize 32 32" command. I think it has a similar effect.

Is this a command I would use in dfhack or the .ini's?
It's a DFHack command. You can add it to an "onLoad.init" file in the "raw" folder to have it load automatically. But since you are using Phoebus_32x32.png as your main graphics tilesheet, it's not needed.

Thanks, I will try this with the seemingly 32x32 set I found, which, I'm not sure is true, because its still blurry. And, also with the 16x16 to see if there is any difference.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:27:05 pm by tnuhnivad »

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 11:28:16 pm »

Could anyone point me in the right direction of where I may find some more in depth info on resizing the Phoebus set to a proper 32x32 size, removing the blur to make it clear and crisp?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:35:36 pm by tnuhnivad »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 12:02:01 am »

To remove the blur, I think you would need to get "32x32" version of all the Phoebus tilesheets in addition to the main tilesheet. You would need to upscale all the files in the "Art" folder with names that start with underscores. Make them all 512x512. To keep it sharp, it's important to use nearest-neighbor interpolation (which might also be called "no interpolation").

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 02:23:54 am »

Still, that would't make a nice 32x version... you'd have to manually repaint all tiles. It's simply the wrong size. Either Phoebus will be blown up, with half as much detail, or Meph/Vordak will be scaled down, with half as much detail.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 01:39:55 pm »

i usually played with phoebus, but i switched to mephs for the sheer amount of creature and item sprites and the tile details - although i must zoom out most of the time until it's basically 16x16 to fit a workable view on my screen anyway, but i can still zoom in if i need, which i cannot in phoebus.
also the LNP version of phoebus already uses 24x24 overrides for certain items and it bugged me to never find a zoomlevel where most of the tiles looked clear (without blur).
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 [2]