Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Transform curses create "toad" in Legends?

(1/2) > >>

Warlord255:
I tried to implement a custom deity curse which would turn temple-topplers into monsters (much like werebeasts). However, it seems that all such persons are listed in worldgen as "toads", unlike the humans/etc. cursed to be werebeasts on the full moon.

IIRC, toads are the default "error" animal for transformations, right? If so, does that mean the game is forgetting what the creature in question used to be before it transformed? What can I do to amend this if I want to add transformation curses in the future?

Knight Otu:
Can you provide your raws for troubleshooting?

Meph:
Toads are the first creature alphabetically in the raws (first entry in creature_amphibian.txt), and are used if the creature_id you use in your custom interactions is wrong, aka there is no creature in the raws that fits the ID and caste.

Best to post your raws, as Knight Otu suggested.

Warlord255:
I copied the Werebeast example raw, but substituted my own creature and removed CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE, so it looked like this;

[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
      [CE:CREATURE:PLUMP_HELMET_MAN:DEFAULT]
      [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0]

In Legends, I was able to find deities who had cursed people to become plump helmet men, and found their individual Legends entries describing their lives afterward - but it simply listed them as "plump helmet men" for their creature type. I was only able to determine what race they had been previously by looking up their civ/subgroups.

Enemy post:
You're pointing to a "DEFAULT" caste, which doesn't exist for plump helmet men. They have "FEMALE" and "MALE". Because the game doesn't know what caste you want, it's turning people into toads. Legends normally retroactively refers to transformed people by whatever they were in the end for their entire lives. The reason werebeasts don't normally do that is that they turn back into humanoids after every full moon.

By the way, if you're using plump helmet men you may want to get rid of this section at the end of their entry.

--- Code: ---[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSHROOM]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PURPLE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:exterior:SINGULAR]
--- End code ---

That changes their description, which might cause crashes when viewed later. To get the same effect without the crash risk, just add "Its exterior is purple." to the main description.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version