Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Successful Slave Rescue! Now What?  (Read 1379 times)

JacquesTreatment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Successful Slave Rescue! Now What?
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:31 pm »

So I found two elven slaves and managed to get them back to the village where their father is.  How do I get the father to take them back?  I know I could just ditch them, but it would be nice to reunite the family, get the credit for actually helping people and maybe even a little bit of a rep for returning the kids home.  What do I need to do to make this happen?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Successful Slave Rescue! Now What?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:58:49 pm »

I think you just ditch them near their father, then leave the site, then return to get the rep. I might be wrong, though.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

JacquesTreatment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:01:43 pm »

Ah.  Hm.  This wasn't given to me by a quest-giver.  I found the kids as slaves in another city, and they asked for help, so I brought them home.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:51:06 pm »

Ah.  Hm.  This wasn't given to me by a quest-giver.  I found the kids as slaves in another city, and they asked for help, so I brought them home.
I think I remember reading somewhere if you "Ask them about the journey", it will prompt them to say whether they have reached their destination... can't say for sure.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:41:49 pm »

Quest givers aren't related to rep. Do good things, get rep.

JacquesTreatment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:56 am »

I think I remember reading somewhere if you "Ask them about the journey", it will prompt them to say whether they have reached their destination... can't say for sure.
I brought them to their father, to whom they asked I bring them, and no, it didn't.  I left them there, and they just said the noncommittal, "It is for the best."

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 08:04:06 pm »

I brought them to their father, to whom they asked I bring them, and no, it didn't.  I left them there, and they just said the noncommittal, "It is for the best."

Peasant: Peace and quiet at last. Ah!

You: Rejoice! For I hath returned your wayward kin.

Kids: Daddy! Yay!

Peasant: But

You: Thank me not. All in a days work. Fare you well!

Peasant: I paid a premium for that boarding school. GET BACK HERE!
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.