Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Edge of Oblivion  (Read 33828 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Edge of Oblivion
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 03:18:52 am »

Take the map from the frame, then examine map and the bodes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 11:10:11 pm »

You examine the map, if it is correct, you are on a second floor of a strangely shaped building. It does not specify the name of the building, and there are large portions of the building not shown on the map. The only wording you can find are the words,"In case of fire, follow red line," with a path in red highlighted through the halls.

You remove the map from its frame and roll it up into your waste bin/first aid kit.

Next you check on the bodies, neither has a pulse. This alleviates the need to watch another person die in your arms as the wounds they have suffered are equally fatal. One is a woman who appears to have three bullet holes in the center of her chest fairly close to each other. The other is a man in a similar uniform as the woman but he appears to have two holes in his chest and one wound on his head that just grazed the side of his skull.

Checking their pockets you find similar IDs to what the doctor had on him as well as assorted pens and folded up papers.

What do you do next?

(I apologize for ghosting yet another game, I do plan on working on my reliability for this kind of thing. I just want to say sorry to anyone that plays my games, this is kind of a sucky thing for me to do so often.)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 06:34:46 am »

Look at the map and fallow the red line slowly and be sure to look out for any possible enemy presence.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 12:24:33 pm »

Look at the map and fallow the red line slowly and be sure to look out for any possible enemy presence.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:17 pm »

+1, but also

Grab a pen so we can mark things on the map later
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 01:14:56 am »

+1, but also
Grab a pen so we can mark things on the map later

You decide to take a pen from the nurse just in case there is anything important to mark on the map.

Next you decide to follow the red line on the map. It leads you through to a fire exit not too far down a hall from where you picked up the map. After descending the stairs, finding sever bullet shells on the ground blood splattered on the walls and bullet holes all around, you enter the ground floor. The sight nearly sickens you, there are half a dozen bodies down the main hall as well as more in the rooms attached to it. The floor has many large pools of drying blood. There doesn't seem to be any enemy combatants still in the building.

You continue further and find that the main lobby, past explosive breached metal doors, has another dozen or so dead bodies. These bodies are in fairly normal business attire as well as military uniforms and nurse's clothes.

Here you find two dead armed guards. After checking their bodies you find two handguns. They are standard Rus' 9mm sidearms. After checking the magazines and clearing the chambers, you reload and chamber a round into one of the guns leaving the other in your bin. You also decide to take one of their pants that are undamaged and fairly clean and the other's light vest which does have a couple holes in it but it is better than nothing.

You hold the side arm in your hand with a full 12 round magazine in as well as a round in the chamber, the spare magazine in your pocket has 9 rounds in it.

You exit to the parking lot to find several destroyed cars, a military transport with little damage, a few more dead bodies, and plenty of skid marks leading out of the parking lot.

What do you do next?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 01:44:17 am »

Search the military transport for any useful items, then look at the non destroyed civilian cars and see if any have the keys still, be cautious just in case there are any enemies still in the area.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2018, 11:28:49 pm »

Search the military transport for any useful items, then look at the non destroyed civilian cars and see if any have the keys still, be cautious just in case there are any enemies still in the area.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 02:16:31 am »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 10:45:33 pm »

+1

+1
+1
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 11:03:06 pm »

+1

+1
+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2021, 02:26:34 am »

I'm pretty sure this game is long dead as the post before the last two is from 2018.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2021, 07:55:28 am »

Maybe one of us could become the new GM? Or the old GM might notice activity?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2021, 11:03:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure this game is long dead as the post before the last two is from 2018.
yes, I just found a little poignant humour in necroing a game called ‘Edge of Oblivion’
this game did look interesting, though
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2021, 02:17:22 am »

It was pretty interesting sounding, to bad it died before we found out what happened.

Also I'm not sure if a new GM would be able to run this without whatever the OG GM had in mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]