Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Edge of Oblivion  (Read 33673 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Edge of Oblivion
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 02:17:06 am »

Look both ways before crossing the road.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 03:05:43 am »

Go and find a weapon of some kind, like a fire extinguisher, then examine the lab coat guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 03:13:26 am »

Go and find a weapon of some kind, like a fire extinguisher, then examine the lab coat guy.

+1 Always always ALWAYS look for a weapon in a horror/thriller scenario.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 09:28:16 am »

Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 06:25:12 am »

SIGGED
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 04:25:31 pm »

Examine the device in our arm closely

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:47 am »

Look both ways before crossing the road.

Before exiting into the hallway you check the other direction. Down the right side of the hall you can see a sharp turn leading in the direction behind you about forty feet away. Besides that you see a couple more blood smears on the wall, which get larger as they move leftward down the hall.

There is also a fire emergency box on the wall to the right. You decide that the coast is clear and exit the room. You open the fire emergency box hoping to find something to defend yourself with, and sure enough there is a bright red crowbar inside as well as a hose and "in case of emergency" lever. Though you're sure pulling the lever would do nothing.

You take the crowbar in hand and head off to check on the man in the lab coat. You notice that the left side of the hall ends in double doors about fifty feet from the room you exited, as well as doors every twenty feet or so staggered on both sides of the hall. (No door directly across the hall from another)

As you approach he takes notice of you,"H..he...help... help me," he stutters out as a small stream of blood begins to trickle down from his mouth to his chin.

You kneel down to examine his wounds. He puts one of his hands, shaking, on your left arm and attempts to mutter something but you can't quite tell what it is. Looking at his wounds, you find that he has been shot at least twice in the torso and once on the right side of his chest just under his collar bone.

You are no doctor but can tell that these wounds are fatal. He is already bleeding out and losing color in his face. The blood on his hands and chin are a stark contrast to his now almost porcelain skin. His breathing is fast and sporadic, with a slight wheezing or gurgling sound coming from his chest.

His hand grips your shoulder with what little strength he has. His blood shot eyes look faintly in your direction, though you think his vision may be fading as he isn't making eye contact, but merely looking at you.

You can think of no way to save this man's life so you decide to comfort him in his last moments. You lean in closer and hold him, wadding up his clothes around one of his wounds and applying pressure to make it seem like you are trying to save him.

With the other hand you hold his head against your chest as he weeps, gurgled words coming from his mouth,"Th.. thank... you..." Moments later his hand let's go of your shoulder and his head falls back. There was nothing you could do to save him and he clearly didn't have the ability to answer any questions you may have had for him.

What do you do next?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 02:50:08 am »

See if he has any kind of key card of keys on him, then go to the nearest door that wasn't the one we came from originally.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 04:26:10 am »

See if he has any kind of key card of keys on him, then go to the nearest door that wasn't the one we came from originally.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 05:19:10 am »

Eat his flesh and gain his power.
Swipe his wallet.
Note that you did not hear any gunshots, even though there were apparently multiple gunshots within close proximity within a timeframe over which you woke up. Become mildly panicked at the prospect and implications of suppressed firearms.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 07:23:46 am »

Bash his skull in with the crowbar....just in case
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 12:01:04 pm »

+a

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »

+a

That would be messy and noisy, which would make us easier to find. It is also potentially traumatic and defiles a corpse which is criminal. Meanwhile, their opponents were using guns, which is not associated with "aim for the head" opponents, and they did not shoot the guy's head, so they were not mistaking him for something which needs head-shooting. even for a psychopath, there is reason not to. Meanwhile, the reasons to pursue this option are fantasy scenarios that do not match the known data. And even then, this guy seemed to like us in life, so if they come back as an intelligent(gun-compatible) zombie then they might be an ally...
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 02:19:48 pm »

Fair point. Lets just

Go down the hallway opposite of the blood stains.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 02:24:20 am »

You set his body down, a rush a sadness takes over. As far as you can remember you've never watched someone die. You try to maintain awareness of the situation and decide to fish around his pockets for anything of you.

You find a set of car keys and an ID card with a scan bar on it.

Note that you did not hear any gunshots, even though there were apparently multiple gunshots within close proximity within a timeframe over which you woke up. Become mildly panicked at the prospect and implications of suppressed firearms.

Taking into account that either this man had been bleeding out while you were still out or was shot as you woke up. Supressors had to have been used to not be loud enough for you to hear them.

This makes you slightly uneasy and more cautious, but there is not much you can do about the situation but continue further.

Go down the hallway opposite of the blood stains.

You decide to go down the hall, walking away from the lab coat guy and blood stains on the wall.

Your ears begin to ring and wounds start to become slightly muted from the constant alarm sounding from everywhere.

You turn the corner and see a couple doors on either side of a short corridor that opens in to a waiting/seating/all purpose area infront of something similar to a check in desk at a hospital.

Looking closer you find two dead bodies (nurses most likely) laying in plain site with several overturned chairs. Blood splattered on the walls as well the computers at the desk appear to have been ripped open and the screens shattered.

There is a double door leading out of the waiting room with a map of the facility sitting in a shattered frame next to the door.

What do you do next?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3