Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchant squatters.  (Read 503 times)

Turtles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Merchant squatters.
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:00:58 pm »

Good evening everyone... it has come to my attention that now more than 100 (!!) merchants are squatting in my fortress, drinking my booze and eating my cheese without a care in the world, bringing me to the verge of FPS death. Now lemme tell ya that this aint making me very happy... actually I want them gone as soon as posible. żIs there any way to help them leave, will they leave on their own eventually or even petition for citizenship so i can murded send em on wacky adventures?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They have also brought more than 40 animals, and some are in the caves fighting trolls and crundles.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:09:14 pm by Turtles »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant squatters.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:45 pm »

Is this an unretire?
It's a known bug. Merchants aren't supposed to use your tavern at all. But after unretire everything gets messed up a little.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9176

Eventually they should start dropping off to respect the visitor limit. Unless they've already joined the citizens list which happens too. In that case, apply magma.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:33:44 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Turtles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:05:23 am »

Yes, it is an unretired fort. Sadly I won't be able to apply magma nor wait for the merchants to leave (they are now citizens), considering my game is running at quitte a slow pase. The visitors have decided to bring a bunch of nobles with them also, so now we have a barony, a diplomat, and an outpost liaison all demaning throne rooms, armor stands and the like. Besides that, there are now in our tavern stacks of dwarves piled one over another all in the same tables. I just saw that there are around 200 elf and human merchants snooping around as well. Only thing that can save "Coloredapples" will be reloading an old save.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:11:39 am by Turtles »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:05 am »

Yeah, it's sad when that happens. Hopefully this'll get looked at sometime during this cycle. Unretire almost works, but still has enough bugs to make most people not want to bother (unless they're interested in looking at buggy behavior).

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »

The old solution with atom smasher still works to dispose of unwanted citizens or visitors. For visitors make sure the only meeting place accepting non-citizens is under bridge and for citizens, draft and station. GL! Don't forget slabs for all the dead Dwarves after disposing of the problem. :P