Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Slay the Spire - Deck-building to Death or Glory  (Read 26238 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slay the Spire - Deck-building to Death or Glory
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2018, 04:45:07 am »

I find with the defect, just suriving is good enough. Avoid some elites until you have a exploitable decks (or self repair power), then start messing with the big boys. He feels far more late game then the others.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2018, 10:07:20 am »

Yeah. Loving it, though. Probably my favorite character to play so far.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38:56 pm »

Its nice to see the complexity and learning curve grows with the subsequent characters. Silent is much more difficult to learn than the IronClad, and the Defect is the same in regards to both.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2018, 03:12:50 pm »

Indeed.

And I must say, it is really satisfying to beat the Awakened boss with a giant power deck. Kind of like the feeling you get when you beat the Time Turner with a Shiv deck.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2018, 05:47:54 pm »

Buffer is the best power against the Awakened One. "Oh, 32x3? TOO BAD! I have 5 stacks of Buffer! YOU ARE DOOMED!"
[/quote]

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2018, 05:51:53 pm »

Buffer is great for that. Although I did it with several Glaciers and mass amounts of Defragment so they were each adding 11 block per turn, plus cycling through many many orbs a turn. I then killed the Awakened one with a Lightning Strike that hit 28 times for 9 damage a hit. It was glorious!
Come play Mafia with us!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 12:56:55 am »

My two favorite runs I won win were very enjoyable for different reasons. The first is a massive deck that just tried to never run out of energy. Keep playing cards and never stop until its dead or you run out of card draw. 46 cards of pure doom.

The other was a 27 card deck with everything upgraded. I literally got to the last campfire and couldn't upgrade anything, just went in and outlasted you with a superior deck.

The Ironclad was my favorite character, and the Silent my most consistant. Now The Defect is my favorite, the Ironclad my go to for a relaxing win, and the Silent to switch things up... and go for the shiv achievement.
[/quote]

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 12:21:22 pm »

I beat it with a ridiculous Defect deck--Spinning top and lots and lots of those cards that double your energy (for 0 energy, when upgraded).  I'd double and double and double my energy, and then take 20+ actions in a row (I upgraded as many cards as I could to cost 0, and took the cards for drawing 0-cost cards too)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:30 pm »

Oh, yeah, spinning top is amazing for the defect. I don't get it with it nearly often enough.
Come play Mafia with us!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2018, 02:31:29 am »

I've always wondered what the intended use of Silent's endless agony card (0 cost, 4/6 damage, every time you draw this card add a copy to your hand.  Exhaust).  Traded in my starting relic (and deck) for pandora's box, giving me a completely random, and in this case completely ridiculous deck.  Which showed me what the card is good for.
Spoiler: near the end of act 1 (click to show/hide)
Basically, the trick to Endless Agony is to play it with discard + draw cards.  So let's say I get acrobatics (discard 1 card, draw 3/4).  I play it, I get endless agony, I discard one copy of endless agony.  Now its back in my deck, I get a free strike (justifying the energy spent on acrobatics) and I get 2 more cards in my hand than I had before.  And if your deck happens to be full of 0 cost cards... yeah.
Spoiler: the end result (click to show/hide)
Final verdict on endless agony: there's no way this would have worked in a deck clogged with starter cards.  Still, if you have cards which require you to discard, endless agony is almost strictly better than slice (0 cost, 5/8 damage).  And slice is already a solid card.  So... 8/10?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2018, 06:39:04 am »

The other primary trick, mind, is basically to branch it (or other exhaust synergy artifacts). Not really as good as shivs for that, but it's passable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2018, 09:08:44 am »

Yeah, it works well in a discard deck of any sort, since it gives you a 'free' card to discard instead of something you might want. It's also a good compliment for any deck that has Shuriken/Kunai since you can use it for an extra 1 or 2 hits to get the buff as needed.
Come play Mafia with us!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2018, 01:22:55 pm »

The other primary trick, mind, is basically to branch it (or other exhaust synergy artifacts). Not really as good as shivs for that, but it's passable.
I've never seen dead branch in a Silent run... that is a good idea tho, I'll remember that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:54 pm »

Yeah, if you have the energy through one means or another, a silent running shiv is... probably at-least tied for best dead branch deck. Other runner being the obvious corruption ironclad.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2018, 05:11:10 pm »

The claw cards for the Defect are amazing, they add to each other. Last win I ended up with 4 in my deck along with a bunch of draw 0 cards and steamrolled everything. The Time keeper died in three turns.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14