Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No new visitors  (Read 1397 times)

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No new visitors
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:46:06 am »

Just set up a library and tavern, then noticed I wasn’t getting any visitors after 1 year. I believe the problem is with 3 human visitors that have refused to leave and are staying around, anyone experience this?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: No new visitors
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:53:57 am »

You could be experiencing the bug where visitors never leave, but it looks like that doesn't impact whether or not you get new visitors.  Could just be your luck.

The problem with visitors never leaving should be fixed in the next version, whenever it's released.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:23:31 am »

Alrighty, I will wait another year and see if my luck improves.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:46:44 am »

If your world has a low population there's little room for any of them being free to travel. I've had worlds where I've had just a few visitors early on and then no further ones, quite possibly because their home civs crumbled. I've had lots of pocket worlds with no visitors at all.

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 12:25:41 pm »

I am using the highest possible settings across the board, most civs (excluding the poor kobolds that I never get to fight) are at 500+ population with I think 32 civs last I checked (so most races have at least 5000 people), there are tons of people near me as well, humans, elves, dwarves, and goblins (1 large civ each). We are currently at war with the goblins but thats about it (the humans and elves are on the other side of my fort from the goblins, so they should be able to reach me)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »

A civ of 5000 is not large, nor is a site with 500...

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »

When you consider that in previous games I have been near civs with near to, or under, 100 population and received visitors from them it is, at 100 population I am having trouble finding things for my dwarfs to do, if the AI cannot spare even a few then they need better management lol, I will check the Legends view again after this year and see if anything has happened that is noteworthy

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 03:00:06 pm »

Well I went from none to one day a group of 23 in one fell swoop, that was odd. Thank you for the responses btw and for the help

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:00:32 pm »

Remember visitors were originally supposed to be attracted to your tavern due to its reputation. Maybe that's actually working now?