Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Merperson adventurer?  (Read 8490 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merperson adventurer?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 10:29:49 pm »

I hope Toady rewrites all the pathing/fast travel stuff to be less walking-centric sometime soon. 
We'll probably have to wait till the economy arc makes boats relevant.
Boats is coming before economy right now (more fun).
Subject to change over the many years between now and then of course.

In the meantime, short-term pre-magic dev notes (i.e within the next 6 months) says "adventurer mounts". So that's a start.
I hope they have an option to turn magic off in world gen, not really interested in magic.

I would just crank all the sliders to max for randomly generated races and simply insane magic.
Yeah. Hopefully there's a fair amount of tweakable in-between too. Random races plus dwarves, the races from my mod thrown into a world set at max magical and violence insanity, etc. Should be great fun to experiment with.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2018, 07:52:21 am »

I seem to recall reading that there will be different types of embarkations, including a wizard's tower. I for one would absolutely love playing as an insane transmuter, stitching together all sorts of wonderful abominations and chimeras. The rest of the magic stuff doesn't sound too compelling to me, though.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2018, 09:49:16 am »

I would be a battlemage, researching more ways to kill things with spells.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »

I would just crank all the sliders to max for randomly generated races and simply insane magic.

And start adventure mode, walk outside the mead hall, and get turned into a ghost by a merchant who got in an argument and began to breathe syndrome dust everywhere?

Though if you leveraged your ghosthood to somehow become part of the local pantheon...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:03:14 pm by Eschar »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2018, 01:02:33 am »

And start adventure mode, walk outside the mead hall, and get turned into a ghost by a merchant who got in an argument and began to breathe syndrome dust everywhere?

Though if you leveraged your ghosthood to somehow become part of the local pantheon...

Yeah. I like chaotic things.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2018, 06:55:34 pm »

The real question is "Can you become a werebeast, sever your own limbs for bonecarving, then regen every full moon".
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2018, 11:40:56 pm »

The real question is "Can you become a werebeast, sever your own limbs for bonecarving, then regen every full moon".

The realer question is, "can you use thus-created bone crafts from a farm of several hundreds werebeasts to slowly turn a turbine, therefore generating infinite amounts of energy?"

Bonus points if you make the turbine power the werebeast farm and make the crafts automatically.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2018, 01:05:15 am »

I know that if you fall from high enough, limbs that hit the ground can snap off. I can't think of any other way to intentionally remove limbs from yourself in adventure mode. And even if you did have a controlled way of removing limbs, I feel the chances of bleeding out are significant.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2018, 02:55:25 am »

Full armor except on one hand. Fight a hydra.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2018, 12:27:41 pm »

So you would also need a hydra farm, then
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 01:27:23 pm »

I know that if you fall from high enough, limbs that hit the ground can snap off. I can't think of any other way to intentionally remove limbs from yourself in adventure mode. And even if you did have a controlled way of removing limbs, I feel the chances of bleeding out are significant.

I have removed a limb from my adventurer by use of an alligator, near a river. And yes, I later carved some craft from the butchered arm (it was 0.42.x, I think).

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2018, 12:43:48 pm »

I wouldn't dare play as a merperson, even if it were an option. Every time I've tried to cross the ocean in adventure mode the game has bugged out and frozen the entire ocean over for exactly one frame, leading to my death. (Or...actually it might have been *unfreezeing* for exactly one frame, whilst I had been forced to cross a glacier).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]