Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19222 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Eco. Minecraft made by Germans. SERVER INDEED!
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:58 pm »

Wiping and launching my first server ever, with my own modpack of sorts.

Server info here.
Server Discord here.

Will also stop posting since no one here seems interested in poor Eco.  :P

I think many of us are interested, just waiting for more updates before playing more. Personally, I'm waiting for the vehicles update to hop back in since the server I was playing on was wiped recently.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2018, 11:50:52 pm »

Makes sense folks. I'll probably wait for a week after 7.4 [Vehicle update] hits sometime next week, so mods update and I have time to update my own.  :)
If you guys played 3 rounds, so yeah I can see why you took a break!  :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2018, 01:31:56 am »

Hey, played a bit when this was first released but kind of backed out since it was just so buggy, at least on my end (falling through ground regularly and having to reconnect, government and graphs flat out not working, general lag spikes), and was a bit curious how it was looking now that we're a bit further out from the initial release. Any thoughts?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2018, 02:42:57 am »

Well I've put 4-5 full days "modding" [simple changes, but lots of files] and integrating mods to make my own modpack, so I can say its pretty fun and engaging.
There's still some rough edges, but takes a good while to bump into a bug. They are also hiring/implementing some sort of QA process so it seems that its getting less buggier.
I've been reporting bugs and issues and one of my reports was fixed in a day and released on the minor patch that was released on the next. So I'm all okay.

Graphs not working I dunno, you can check mine here.. If you were on a MP server, might have been because the server admin disable the graphs [aka stat-tracking] because it's a common workaround for db issues (that causes instabilities and kicks/disconnects or crash loops), although my server has been running for around 3 days with plenty of mods and some people trying to break it purposefully and no issues.

What I do agree is that the needs more content. They said they plan on adding more content every 2 weeks.
After 3 good runs I'm pretty sure one will have seen what there is to be seen. But I'm 250h+  in  (played 2 full playthroughs and 2 halfway through it) and I still have fun.
Of course, a lot of that is probably due to me being interested in taking part of the development very closely, even reading the source code so maybe one day I can make my own decent mods or even features/fixes.
Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but definitely worth a try for those who like Minecraft / Wurm or even DF, given that I'm pretty sure they based the way population pools work from DF.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:45:26 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2018, 03:25:24 am »

The server I go on only has trouble about a week into gameplay after people have built large homes and mines. Economy viewer is the worst though, pretty much the first to lag to a standstill.
Its a fun game but the devs need to do a lot more work if a server is to last beyond the meteor's destruction. Corrupted chunks cause some real issues too.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2018, 04:41:03 am »

Yeah, we had an issue that whenever the server would restart, any cart that had been recently moved would duplicate, and you would be unable to remove it. There's definitely a lot of bugfixing to do.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2018, 11:29:53 pm »

First Vehicle Update is out! Pickup truck, hand-plough, and skid-steer are now things. Also garbage piles!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2018, 01:28:31 am »

Would not have expected finally being able to drop unwanted items to be as important as it is.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2018, 09:13:47 am »

Are there NPCs in this game, or is all o the back of the players?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2018, 09:29:15 am »

Only NPC's are the critters you can hunt.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2018, 08:22:31 pm »

https://ecoauth.strangeloopgames.com/changelog

Oooh, an update!

edit: It has updated again, is the server still on or have we moved on from this game?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:09:54 pm by Ultimuh »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2018, 01:28:10 am »

More updates :)

My server is still up (although it's a public one) and I just updated my modpack.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2018, 07:29:31 pm »

This game shows some real promise. The idea of the server being wiped, either by solving the issue or by the planet being destroyed, is great by itself, but the eco system thing really makes this game unique.

It's a bitch to play solo, I'll tell you that.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2019, 03:30:10 pm »

There's been a couple of updates, and 0.8 is coming out on the 6th.

I've been thinking it'd be nice to get back into it. I spent a lot of time in the vaguely medieval age, it'd be nice to spend some time in a more contemporary era. Maybe to see a more citylike approach rather than a lot of distant compounds.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:33:11 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2019, 04:18:11 pm »

I have been itching to try out that tractor...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12