Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19388 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Eco. Minecraft made by Germans. SERVER INDEED!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 02:39:10 pm »

So do we have a new server up yet?

When PTTG's server fell through yesterday, I jumped on some random empty server and murdered a few trees and dug some tunnels to get a feel for the basics. Definitely looking forward to starting for real now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2018, 02:48:39 pm »

We do. We could really use someone speccing hunting or farming or something too because food is becoming an issue

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 01:24:10 am »

Well my Internet has been down for the last 12+ hours...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 01:31:03 am »

Well my Internet has been down for the last 12+ hours...
sorry to hear that. We got a lot done on day one. I just logged out to go to bed actually

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 12:48:22 am »

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Don't think Ive played Eco since Alpha 3 or 4. Likely not going to be around this weekend though, but after that i'll try to tackle any shortfalls going on in the world.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 02:47:33 am »

I have built a mint and created the server's first currency.  I have named it Shooer Coin and is trending well in the subterranean markets.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:11 pm »

Someone tried to start up a new currency to surpass Shooer Coins.  I now control the majority of this currency as well.  You can call me the Coaletariat.

Forsaken you need to get back on and mint more money if you want other people to use it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 11:29:12 pm »

Version 7.2.0 is going to be coming out ~March 6. We'll probably have blown the meteor out of the sky by then. Looks like it brings a lot of neat things, though.

• Massive worlds. Ours is ~.5km2. The new version should support close to 16km2.
  • Stat collection, meaning we can bog things down with bureaucracy.
  • Mods, though it'll probably be a while before they start coming out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 06:08:33 am »

Someone tried to start up a new currency to surpass Shooer Coins.  I now control the majority of this currency as well.  You can call me the Coaletariat.

Forsaken you need to get back on and mint more money if you want other people to use it.
I minted some more this morning for continued circulation.

Version 7.2.0 is going to be coming out ~March 6. We'll probably have blown the meteor out of the sky by then. Looks like it brings a lot of neat things, though.

• Massive worlds. Ours is ~.5km2. The new version should support close to 16km2.
  • Stat collection, meaning we can bog things down with bureaucracy.
  • Mods, though it'll probably be a while before they start coming out.
neat! For the new server I'll probably up the collaboration setting so its much more difficult to be a jack of all trades. For this server I wasn't sure what our population would look like so I didn't want to over do it on difficulty. If we have a core of 3-5 people who play often we can set it to low/medium collaboration and still cover most things between us, though it will take longer.

Next time I'd also like us to plan out a town and be less spread out if possible.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 10:57:23 am »

Interesting concept, to have a survival gameplay with an actual goal.

I wonder if it would be possible to mod in more fantastical elements as well as further survival goals, working it into something like Terraria's hardmode after defeating the wall of flesh. Don't bother with combat/adventure, but maybe some exploration elements into something like the corruption, enticement perhaps being necessary resources to unlock research.

Damn this interface, though. Why allow you to move all the elements except the hotbar? At least the chat window can be hidden. Didn't think to check how limited the keybinding options are.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:05:13 am by Niveras »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:31 am »

Next version is supposed to be the start of mod support so it's possible we'll get a nice robust modding scene.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 11:31:43 am »

This game is on my radar, and would love to join the bay12 gang once I've purchased!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 11:32:40 am »

This game is on my radar, and would love to join the bay12 gang once I've purchased!
I'm on the same boat. I may be able to get it by next week, if not the week after.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:24:00 pm by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 12:05:11 pm »

well I guarantee there will be more servers. I like the game a lot

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »

Yes, I look forward to a new server. Right now Shooer has already done everything there is to do so it feels pointless to make your own stuff. :P

Since it seems we have some good interest in this we can probably do a server with lower skill point gain.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12