Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19337 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Eco. Minecraft made by Germans. SERVER INDEED!
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 05:11:52 pm »

I'd be in for a lower skill-gain server.
I've learned a lot about farming this first time, and am confident I could get things set up more quickly and efficiently next time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:56 pm »

I want to wait until the next version for a reset, at a minimum. I'd like to be more organized as well, so we could sign up for roles and specializations early so we don't overlap too much. Would anyone like to volunteer to be the labor foreman? We'll need someone to organize everything.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »

I wouldn't mind joining as well! Seems like fun.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 10:39:05 am »

My brother is on a trip, but he will likely join in soon. So you can add him to your potential population number.

I kinda think we could do with skill gain on normal, would encourage us more to decorate our homes to increase skill gain as well, plus as far as I can tell we are not even using contracts.

I would not mind if we get a little bit of a bigger world. Maybe up it to 1km or 1.5km?

I would like a central town/city, good for area's of commerce, but generally I make a point to setup a bit out of the way. We could have people a fair bit out of town establish contracts to connect roads to them, once we get a standard currency going.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »

The next version of the game is coming soonish and will bring much larger worlds. I'll be standing up a new server at that time with more conservative skill gain as we'll have a larger population

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 01:10:23 pm »

Thats literally two weeks, I'd personally like to see such a server to bridge the gap in the mean time, if anyone else is up for hosting such a thing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:12:25 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 01:27:49 pm »

Thats literally two weeks, I'd personally like to see such a server to bridge the gap in the mean time, if anyone else is up for hosting such a thing.
We're essentially done at this point anyway. Is there any objection to my resetting the current server? I'll set it to medium collaboration for us to try that and mess around with until next version

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 02:04:30 pm »

I would be fine with resetting it. Medium or even high collaboration. Also, is it possible to turn up the effects of pollution? It seems pretty ignorable right now, like it's hard to have it affect much more than just your property.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 02:07:34 pm »

I would be fine with resetting it. Medium or even high collaboration. Also, is it possible to turn up the effects of pollution? It seems pretty ignorable right now, like it's hard to have it affect much more than just your property.
I will take a look at the settings and see.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 02:50:21 pm »

I would be fine with an interim reset...though I'd hope we can blast the meteor first.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 03:13:36 pm »

Oh yes.  I suggest we configure the meteor to hit shortly before the next version is scheduled to release, if possible.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 04:07:41 pm »

I'm in favor of the meteor hitting shortly before the update. Even if we fail, I wanna see what it looks like when the meteor hits. :D
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 09:28:51 am »

The server has been reset to allow some people to play during the interim. Consider it a challenge mode. Meteor will impact in 9 days

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »

Is there any downside to not having calories besides not getting skillpoints? I'm mainly thinking you could run around for a few hours with a broken axe and no calories then once everything is set for a while, eat then go offline.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2018, 05:37:25 pm »

Is there any downside to not having calories besides not getting skillpoints? I'm mainly thinking you could run around for a few hours with a broken axe and no calories then once everything is set for a while, eat then go offline.
Once your calories hit zero you cannot work at all. Swinging the axe will just give the message "You are too hungry to work"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12