Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19873 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Eco. Minecraft made by Germans. SERVER INDEED!
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2018, 03:54:50 am »

Oh sorry to mislead you forsaken, for some reason I picked up the silly server slang. Was asking about in-game High Specialization or Low Specialization, basically is skill gained slowly, normally or fast?
And thanks for the invite!
The server that is up now uses the medium collaboration setting so the skill gain is I guess moderate. I didn't customize the skill numbers beyond the preset except to add a very low (0.001 or so) skill point gain on craft time to reward people for making stuff.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2018, 11:09:04 am »

Oh that's great, then. I played on Very High Collaboration, and you really have to be in the mood to play like that.. It becomes more like Wurm Online in which you have to invest it all in doing 1-2 things for DAYS if you want to progress with any speed, and if no one is online to restock the stuff you need, you'll waste a lot of time and resources..

Once server resets I'll join up (and bring gf if that's alright).  :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2018, 03:54:38 pm »

Sure, bring whoever you want. I'll go ahead and reset the server tonight when I can as it doesn't look like many people are getting on any more, will post here and on discord when it is up.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2018, 06:02:11 pm »

I might join it at some point.
Just don't expect me to pick skills that's needed though.
People seem to be able to get things done way ahead of me any way.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »

I'm having a blast with this game, I'm impressed there's not even more DF players on it. I'm still a damn noob, thats what I get for playing on very high specialization [minimal skill point gain] server.
I'm still interested in joining forsaken and bay12 server when/if people go back to it, but I got in too deep in the current playthrough.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2018, 02:55:42 pm »

Soooo I became a mod for the game's Discord almost at the same time as I was confirming the purchase of my Developer Founder Pack.
With devpack it means I can at least giveaway one copy here, but I'd really prefer for it to be for someone who's into it and won't forget about it a second after getting it.  ::)

As I find my way around all the new stuff that exploded in my face, and try to find out how to actually send someone a copy through the website, I'm announcing the giveaway already.
I'll use random.org as usual around 9 AM PST [13 PM BRT to me], hopefully by then I can quickly give it out.  :P

And of course you'd be free to join me and my group of players on the server I'm on and having a blast, we'll set you up if you so desire.
I recommend playing singleplayer first otherwise you'll be lost like me.  :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2018, 03:35:59 pm »

I'd certainly be interested Gabeux. I've been following this game since this thread popped up, and would love to play with some people from here. I'm just hesitant about buying into early access games, I've been burned before.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2018, 03:43:22 pm »

After I spent over 250 USD [which is about 700+ BRL] on this, and if you ever seen my post about sandbox early access games, aand if you trust the opinon of unknown people from the internet...you may have a glimpse that it's worth it.  :P
Definitively not for everyone, by the simple fact its not a PvE or PvP game. But those who like Minecraft and Wurm are bound to like it, if you like both probably bound to like it a lot.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2018, 05:43:34 pm »

I am interested as well. On a side note has there been plans to add other issues to fix besides the meteor? ( like a super volcano?)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2018, 07:36:05 pm »

Nice! :D I'm not sure actually, but there's a config/server tab only for Disasters, and the only entry there is the meteor. Same thing applies for atmosphere and other planet/generation parameters, that seem to be moddable or made in a way that more stuff can be added over time and changed/configured.
I haven't looked at any code or informed myself a lot yet, but it's easy to see it's being built from the ground up to make adding more content (through modding or otherwise) easy. Still have to validate this though

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2018, 06:48:05 am »

Had a quick play of Eco just now, played about 37 minutes if the big old rock in the sky is accurate. Although I had to tweak the settings to get a stable FPS (shadows killed it, was getting 6-7 fps when night was falling, turned them down and bam 33fps). Okay All I did was chop a few trees and dig a small hole but I enjoyed that.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2018, 07:28:42 am »

After I spent over 250 USD [which is about 700+ BRL] on this, and if you ever seen my post about sandbox early access games, aand if you trust the opinon of unknown people from the internet...you may have a glimpse that it's worth it.  :P
Definitively not for everyone, by the simple fact its not a PvE or PvP game. But those who like Minecraft and Wurm are bound to like it, if you like both probably bound to like it a lot.

Wait, how did you spend 200+ bucks? Is there micro transaction spam?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2018, 08:18:59 am »

https://ecoauth.strangeloopgames.com/home

Supporter editions. There are no microtransactions.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

I also accidentally bought one extra copy and donated to the server I play in, in which the server admin does his best to deal with unstable mods that people want to use..which gives him lots of trouble.
To be honest it was probably 210-215 USD , since I pay in BRL I derp when converting.

Also, in celebration of having a blast playing the game due to having accidentally bumped into 2 df players and only discovering about it days later, and in celebration of being a n00b and buying one extra unnecessary copy, I'll be giving away 2 copies.  :P

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2018, 10:04:13 pm »

Looks interesting, always has since I first saw it last year/whenever. Once I have built computers for my friends, I will join!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12