Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Hack Export legends "Index out of bounds" error fix?  (Read 2416 times)

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
DF Hack Export legends "Index out of bounds" error fix?
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:36 pm »

Can anyone tell me what's going on here and how I could fix this?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Hack Export legends "Index out of bounds" error fix?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:24:59 am »

I think I did get that when I screwed up compilation of DF + Pheobus tile set + DFHack. One error I made was to have the backup copy of modified creature raws (lowered attack triggers for (semi)megabeasts) retaining a .txt extension, so those raws were essentially read twice. After fixing that I still had trouble, presumably due to failing the tile set introduction, and gave up and decided to wait for the LNP update.

The error message itself says that there is a reference in the data to a creature race that doesn't exist in DF, which I think can happen when races are introduced twice.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
Re: DF Hack Export legends "Index out of bounds" error fix?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »

I think I did get that when I screwed up compilation of DF + Pheobus tile set + DFHack. One error I made was to have the backup copy of modified creature raws (lowered attack triggers for (semi)megabeasts) retaining a .txt extension, so those raws were essentially read twice. After fixing that I still had trouble, presumably due to failing the tile set introduction, and gave up and decided to wait for the LNP update.

The error message itself says that there is a reference in the data to a creature race that doesn't exist in DF, which I think can happen when races are introduced twice.

Ahh, yes, this is exactly what has happened, thank you. I checked but, somehow, overlooked a copy of one of the creature files I had edited.