Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Grenade mod!

(1/1)

bloop_bleep:
Hello everybody!

After failing several times to compile DFHack so I can do some plugin programming, I've decided to try out raw modding again. Here I have an implementation of an old idea of mine -- a grenade mod! Grenades are used like so (they can only be used by adventurers for now):

* Place the grenade in your hand or on the floor.
* Go to the x menu and select "Unpin grenade," and then select the grenade you want to unpin. You now have an <<ACTIVE GRENADE>>.
* Throw the grenade IMMEDIATELY afterwards or you will catch fire (you won't explode unless you wait even longer.)
* After some amount of time (I didn't measure it exactly, but somewhere around 20-30 ticks) the grenade will explode, giving every creature in the vicinity EXTREME necrosis of the skin and pretty severe pain and bleeding of all tissues (as well as coughing out blood after some time, if they survive that long.)
Download the mod from here and unzip it into the /raw/objects folder inside your DF folder.

Feel free to copy or modify this in any way in your own projects, so long as you remember to give me credit.

(TBH, I'm not sure if this is fully functional since I don't the requirements for items to show up in mead halls, weapon stores and the like. I've made the grenade item an ITEM_WEAPON, is that enough?)

If anyone is interested in how this works feel free to ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version