Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Modding in wax blocks?

(1/1)

Gnauga:
I was planning to build up a honeycomb-shaped beehive fortress made out of wax blocks, but just as my fort was settling in and beekeeping production was ramping up, I realized you can't make wax blocks.

I was so disheartened that I retired the fort on the spot.

I've tried tweaking the wax crafts reaction to output blocks, but all it did was remove the wax crafts order from the menu.

Anyone know if it's possible to mod in wax blocks, or is it hard-coded into the properties of the wax material template or something?

Thuellai:
The Direforged mod has a race that uses wax for crafts and blocks, might be worth looking at that mod's Shyhak and how their reactions work

Canisaur:
I added wax statues with this reaction.  I imagine it's trivially modified to make blocks instead:

[REACTION:MAKE_WAX_STATUE]
   [NAME:make wax statue]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:wax:300:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:WAX]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:STATUE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wax:NONE]
   [SKILL:WAX_WORKING]

All the basic modding rules apply:  you need to make a whole new world for new reactions to show up, and you'll also need to add your reaction ( [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WAX_STATUE] in this case) under [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] in entity_default.txt

EDIT: Yep, according to the wiki you want the BLOCKS tag in your product.  I believe this will work, but I haven't tested it yet:

[REACTION:MAKE_WAX_BLOCK]
   [NAME:make wax block]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:wax:300:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:WAX]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wax:NONE]
   [SKILL:WAX_WORKING]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version