Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Why won't my modded creatures show up in the game?

(1/1)

Datti:
So, I've read up on modding a lot, but I've never really gotten to do anything with it, so I decided to try it out today. I want to create a civilization of squid people which are loosely based on the stories of HP Lovecraft. So, I've started working on the creatures today, the "Sea Cultists". For now, they're just Squid Men who have been made amphibious and have been renamed to "sea witch/warlock". But somehow, they won't show up in my game. I can't find them in the Object Testing Arena.

Here are my raws: Spoiler (click to show/hide) creature_seacultist

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:SEACULTIST]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:SQUID]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]
   [CV_REMOVE_TAG:AQUATIC]
   [CV_ADD_TAG:AMPHIBIOUS]
   [APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]
   [GO_TO_END]
   [SELECT_CASTE:MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:sea warlock:sea warlocks:sea warlock]
   [SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:sea witch:sea witches:sea witch]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:PUNCH_ATTACK]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:KICK_ATTACK]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:BEAK_BITE_ATTACK]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:900:734:568:366:1900:2900] 24 kph
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
   [GO_TO_START]
   [NAME:sea cultist:sea cultists:sea cultist]
   [DESCRIPTION:A small person with a head bearing ten tentacles. They are said to worship extraterrestial deities of incredible power.]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
   [MAXAGE:60:80]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'s']
   [COLOR:7:0:1]

I'd be extremely thankful if some of you would help me out on this. And, apologies if I fudge up in the formatting department or something. This is first post in here...

Shonai_Dweller:
It might be an issue with copy_tags_from which requires that the file you're grabbing the tags from appears alphabetically before the file which is calling it. (Renaming creature_seacultist creature_z_seacultist is a good way to ensure it remains at the bottom of the file list).

If not that, what does the errorlog say?

Datti:

--- Quote from: Shonai_Dweller on February 15, 2018, 08:29:03 pm ---It might be an issue with copy_tags_from which requires that the file you're grabbing the tags from appears alphabetically before the file which is calling it. (Renaming creature_seacultist creature_z_seacultist is a good way to ensure it remains at the bottom of the file list).
--- End quote ---

That did the trick. Thank you so much! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version