Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Stylish Kills  (Read 1239 times)

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most Stylish Kills
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:27 pm »

After seeing what has been the greatest kill of my adventuring career, I thought I would share with you guys. The cinematic kills thread has been dead since 2013, so I figured it would be best to start up a new thread. Feel free to share your own stylish kills here, everyone.

The synopsis is I'm playing as a harpy bard (I modded them to be playable in my game) and I got sick of people complaining about beasts so much, so I decided to go thin them out a bit. Ingtak is no slouch, so she in fact does a fairly decent job of it. The most recent victim was Corud Nihdebisan Besozin, a muscular roc. Surprisingly, Ingtak (despite having just her talons and teeth) managed to frighten the roc into fleeing up into the sky. Great place to run, right?  :)

Spoiler: Hope y'all enjoy! (click to show/hide)

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Stylish Kills
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:40:03 pm »

Absolutely beautiful. 10/10.

NadNutter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:02:14 pm »

I don't have an epic aerial battle with a giant roc to my name, but I do have one kill that I think is quite stylish.

In my early days of adventuring, I brought my peasant dwarf into the dungeons of a human town, armed with nothing but the copper dagger he left the mountainhomes with. Not being much of a fighter, he decided to take the first guard he came across through stealth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then I slit his throat. But though I didn't include the moment when he actually bled out, I included the true moment he was defeated, in body and in spirit. I've killed mountain titans and colossi since then, but none with such casual and degenerate precision as this. I hold this moment close to my heart every time I start a new adventurer.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 03:09:30 pm »

I always put a bunch of points into wrestling, because your best weapon is always the one that was in the enemy's hand a moment ago.

The most stylish time I did this was while hanging by a tree with one hand, over a cliff, fighting an enemy standing on the cliff, grabbing his weapon away from him with the free hand, then jumping at them to knock them down and land the killing blow.

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 12:33:12 am »

I once decapitated three night beasts in quick succession with a bronze scimitar, right after being crippled and forced to crawl on the ground

So I'm just imagining an anime moment where the hero is getting his ass beat, and then right as he's on the ropes he utterly thrashes his opponent
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 02:02:07 am »

I used to have an adventurer that made trophies from any foe he killed, usually by butchering them. But you can't butcher sentients, so whenever I fought humans or goblins or whatever I had to knock out all their teeth before I actually bothered to kill them.

I exclusively used a copper mining pick. Eventually I stopped fighting people all together because it became boring to me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))