Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Receiver + VR mod  (Read 699 times)

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Receiver + VR mod
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:20:10 pm »

Receiver is a really simplistic shooter. The core mechanic is shoot/avoid drones while collecting casette tapes. Upon installing the standalone VR version, you can actually test your skills. The HTC Vive has some tracking issues on older cards. Rather than sacrifice fps, dips in performance are translated to less accurate movements and vibrations.

gtx 1050 ti 4gb = almost no hand vibration
radeon hd 7790 1gb = shake your hand around, and watch as the tracking has a stroke while your gun spins ever faster.

With a 3.4GHz quad core i5, a gtx 1050 ti, and 16GB RAM, it runs very smoothly. It should be noted, however, my 1050 is running at 107% OC, holding 74°C steady at full load. Your mileage may vary.

All of that being said, it's an awesome feeling to walk calmly through a room of flying taser drones, hipfire once at each of them without turning your head, and hear the *clang* as they smash into the ground. Turrets are fun because you can clip inside of them, crouch, and use only a single bullet to disable whatever subsystem you feel like. TL;DR If you are good with guns IRL, prepare to feel like a badass.
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"