Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Destroy the Godmodder: Bay12's G942 Edition  (Read 10993 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Destroy the Godmodder: Bay12's G942 Edition
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:57:50 am »

Why are there so many editions of this on here?

*Ahem*, I mean, Welcome! This will be yet another DtG game on here, except I'm GMing it. So, expect more randomness and brutality. Likely at the same time.

Anyway, like any good DtG game, we have a couple of things to note:

1. The Godmodder godmods. Shocker! Your attacks will not work most of the time unless they are creative or zany enough. If they do? Expect a single Hit Point of damage, 2 at a crit. The Godmodder also Adapts like he's a Borg or something, and will not be hit by the same thing twice...except for, apparently, having spaceships dropped on him, but I'm putting a kibosh on that happening more than once.

2. You can charge your posts! Yes, by doing x/y (i.e 1/20) within your turn, you can charge up an Attack or Summon to make it more powerful! Within a turn, you can attack and charge, or charge up to two different things. You may also place extra Charge Points in someone else's Charge.

3. You do not have to request to enter. Just jump in.

4. Roleplaying, while not necessary, is encouraged. If you feel like playing as a fictionalized version of yourself within the universe, do so! Makes it more interesting.

I don't know what else to type, so if anyone cares: Story!

Bay12. Within the confines of Cyberspace, this quiet little forum and gaming website has been transformed into a thriving, though no less sparse, port town. The water moves through the current with no obstruction, and the modern housing provides comfort and warmth to it's citizens. It's all so peaceful.

Then, however, a fearsome vessel emerges from the docks. It's wood is dark, it's lanterns burning red, and the sails black. The flag on top, the ship's Jolly Roger, depicts a regal gold "GMU" logo against a royal purple backdrop. The vessel lays anchor at the shore, and it's captain leaps over the side onto the wood dock. He looks nondescript, his only real defining trait being that same logo pressed as a badge against his shirt. As soon as he arrives on the more stable ground, however, he raises his hand and snaps his fingers. In a flash, the ship and the dock behind him explode, wood splintering everywhere as a loud bang sounds throughout The Bay.

"Attention!" he demands, "I have heard of this place. It's many powerful "Users" who dare walk among it. But what you haven't realized is, across the waters, an army rose, more powerful than titans. And I crushed them! So, Bay12! BRING IT ON!"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Destroy the Godmodder: Bay12's G942 Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 07:11:15 am »

A hand crawls from the wreckage behind the Godmodder. Yes, just a hand. A normal hand with eyes in the center. It's name is Hans. A very good name for a hand. Instead of being attached to bones, the clean cut is sealed by a crown  with a wooden bottom that shoved it's spikes inside the hand. Four long capes sporting a myriad of delightful badges are sewn into the hand at the sides, trailing behind it. Many badges.  Every shape and size it could find. Living and inanimate. Shiny and lackluster. Every theme and every alignment. Badges beyond counting. It hunts still for more. It has it's eyes set on this one. And it will take it. It has done so before. It shall do so again.

In passing it heard only sufficiently imaginative plots may wound this prey. No matter. Hans is a master of convulated plans. First it scavenges among the wreckage for supplies and stashes them in the inner dimension between it's capes. Then the building begins. First the curving path that will propel the tiny marble which will hit a boulder carefully angled to fall on a whip-like-mouse-like-thingy contraption that will whip the stag, sending him into the path of a charging bull. The resulting crash will propel the stag away and into the path of a cauldron of caramel timed to tip and coat the stag's horns with it's sticky contents at that exact moment. The stag will continue to fly through the air at the godmodder where another cauldron will drop smoke and flash bombs into the stag's horns where they will stick to caramel. When they finally hit the godmodder with the force of a flying stag, the bombs will go off, leaving him blinded and unaware of Hans stealing his badge and pricking his chest in the process.
[1/3]

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:41 am »

*Pokes the godmodder in the eye*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:48:20 am »

Uphill from the harbour, in the oldest part of Bay12, in a tall building greying from age, is Imic. He comes out of the building, takes one look down the road at the Godmodder, and grabs a rifle from his house. He goes out the door, and aims a shot at the godmodder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not again... These things keep on coming back.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:56:26 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:52:53 am »

Walk up to the godmodder, and throw an ice cube at him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 08:37:16 am »

SWIFT KICK TO BALLS ATTACK GO!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:06:48 am »

The explosion woken up a walking book,his first though was "this is new but I heard of it" and is second thought was " so we try to kill it now,ok" he started packing staff, the plan is to fly to somewhere in the world, get a Bombardier beetle, fly back and trow it on him,that might work (1/5)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:47:11 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 11:55:19 am »

To the west from the ship of the invader, some creature is swimming underwater. Neither head or body are visible, only bubbles. The creature swims closer and closer to the ship, until the creature finally makes a high jump, landing right on the deck. It's a creature of a foul smell, which somehow has pale scales and brown fur at the same time. It has the head and the eyes of a cave crocodile, fur of a grizzly bear, and ability to walk on two legs of a human. MANBEARCROC!

Chant something in Sumerian in order to squash Godmodder with a falling-from-the-sky McDonalds full of C4 plastic explosives.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »

Humming. Grinning. Singing.

You again, I've seen you before
Returning again, coming back for more
The one with the power to set reality's rules
Your bloodline holds power, but makes your ilk fools
Will you be any different? Retreat before your death
You are mighty, but we are many, here to claim your last breath

Begin the Song. Begin the Story. (1/50)

A Goldberg device, a complex weapon
Built to destroy, built to strike upon
Let me help you, let me aid
Let me sing your machine, before you fade

Aid in the Song of Secheral's Goldberg weapon. (2/3)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:12 pm »

A hand crawls from the wreckage behind the Godmodder. Yes, just a hand. A normal hand with eyes in the center. It's name is Hans. A very good name for a hand. Instead of being attached to bones, the clean cut is sealed by a crown  with a wooden bottom that shoved it's spikes inside the hand. Four long capes sporting a myriad of delightful badges are sewn into the hand at the sides, trailing behind it. Many badges.  Every shape and size it could find. Living and inanimate. Shiny and lackluster. Every theme and every alignment. Badges beyond counting. It hunts still for more. It has it's eyes set on this one. And it will take it. It has done so before. It shall do so again.

In passing it heard only sufficiently imaginative plots may wound this prey. No matter. Hans is a master of convulated plans. First it scavenges among the wreckage for supplies and stashes them in the inner dimension between it's capes. Then the building begins. First the curving path that will propel the tiny marble which will hit a boulder carefully angled to fall on a whip-like-mouse-like-thingy contraption that will whip the stag, sending him into the path of a charging bull. The resulting crash will propel the stag away and into the path of a cauldron of caramel timed to tip and coat the stag's horns with it's sticky contents at that exact moment. The stag will continue to fly through the air at the godmodder where another cauldron will drop smoke and flash bombs into the stag's horns where they will stick to caramel. When they finally hit the godmodder with the force of a flying stag, the bombs will go off, leaving him blinded and unaware of Hans stealing his badge and pricking his chest in the process.
[1/3]

Hans begins charging up, the Godmodder seemingly oblivious to it!

*Pokes the godmodder in the eye*
Suddenly, Glass, comes out of nowhere, and manages to prod the Godmodder's eye while he's distracted! 1 HP Lost! The Godmodder stumbles back and growls out "Y-You hit me?! That won't happen again!"

Uphill from the harbour, in the oldest part of Bay12, in a tall building greying from age, is Imic. He comes out of the building, takes one look down the road at the Godmodder, and grabs a rifle from his house. He goes out the door, and aims a shot at the godmodder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not again... These things keep on coming back.
The Godmodder grabs the rifle round, puts it in his mouth, and begins chewing.

Walk up to the godmodder, and throw an ice cube at him.
He grabs that, puts it in his mouth, and begins chewing. Lead is hot, dontchaknow?

SWIFT KICK TO BALLS ATTACK GO!
Tamer runs up and clocks the Godmodder's junk...only to hop away screaming as his ankle breaks from the Godmodder's lead codpiece.

The explosion woken up a walking book,his first though was "this is new but I heard of it" and is second thought was " so we try to kill it now,ok" he started packing staff, the plan is to fly to somewhere in the world, get a Bombardier beetle, fly back and trow it on him,that might work (1/5)
Rockeater begins charging!

To the west from the ship of the invader, some creature is swimming underwater. Neither head or body are visible, only bubbles. The creature swims closer and closer to the ship, until the creature finally makes a high jump, landing right on the deck. It's a creature of a foul smell, which somehow has pale scales and brown fur at the same time. It has the head and the eyes of a cave crocodile, fur of a grizzly bear, and ability to walk on two legs of a human. MANBEARCROC!

Chant something in Sumerian in order to squash Godmodder with a falling-from-the-sky McDonalds full of C4 plastic explosives.
Suddenly, a McDonalds pops up out of nowhere, filled with C4. The Godmodder raises his hand up, and catches it, before throwing it behind him, where it explodes harmlessly into the ocean.

Humming. Grinning. Singing.

You again, I've seen you before
Returning again, coming back for more
The one with the power to set reality's rules
Your bloodline holds power, but makes your ilk fools
Will you be any different? Retreat before your death
You are mighty, but we are many, here to claim your last breath

Begin the Song. Begin the Story. (1/50)

A Goldberg device, a complex weapon
Built to destroy, built to strike upon
Let me help you, let me aid
Let me sing your machine, before you fade

Aid in the Song of Secheral's Goldberg weapon. (2/3)
Fallacy begins singing his song, while also popping into Hans' Charge to provide a boost.

The Godmodder growls at his eye getting poked, and abuses his power to do a two-fer! First, he fires the lead ball round he had been chewing into Imic's face! Then, he slams his hand into the ground, smashing a ravine through the Earth! From this ravine comes his first Summon: the Terror Spider! A large tarantula with glowing yellow eyes and bruise-purple skin crawls out, and makes a clicking noise.

Stats:

The Godmodder: 49/50
Terror Spider: 3,000/3,000
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:20 pm »

Silverware flew through the air from the exploded ship, landing on the charred dock and the ocean below.

A single fork sank in the water, falling deeper into the depths. It fell into a barrel with a radioactive sign plastered on its front. The fork rested on glowing green goop, and began to grow in size as an intelligence wormed its way inside the fork. A voice spoke from within the  fork. "I... Am... FORKNOR!"

The fork was now as big as a dog, and it was still growing.

Continue to grow in size (1/20)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 01:51:35 pm »

Equip steel toed boots. KICK SPIDER IN THE BALLS
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:14 pm »

SPEAR THAT DUDE WITH A BALLISTAE BOLT.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 03:03:06 pm »

Hmn...
Very well then. In the name of all that is holy, and in the search of constant improvement, allow me to try this.

Summoning Acter Nobody, god of Improvement. Please contribute to summoning circle, hopes, and prayers. 1/(100?)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 02:42:36 am »

Hit the godmodder with a broom, and tell him to go away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8