Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Destroy the Godmodder: Bay12's G942 Edition  (Read 10992 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Destroy the Godmodder: Bay12's G942 Edition
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2018, 01:59:35 pm »

Just going to mention, Glass, but Acter isn't going to work. Acter would be a tour-de-force. In anything approximating his full power, Acter is a god. You expect him to one-shot the Godmodder. That's not how these games work. I haven't played any of these before, but I've read them, and I can tell that the Godmodder is supposed to be brought down one HP at a time.

PLUS: Acter is a notion created on Bay12. His power is the result of preconceived notions in this online community. As a being with power on both sides of the fourth wall, the Godmodder is fully capable of directly shutting said notions down. He can just go "Reality prohibits gods, bam" and there's nothing we can say to that.

PLUS: Acter comes from the godgame genre of games which this is not part of and which not many of the people in this thread play. Even without the Godmodder consciously attacking him, the transition from genre to genre will be enough to splat him on its own. This is true IC and OOC. The rules of this universe may well prohibit gods of his type, and the GM may well be loathe to introduce a character from a different type of game. Plus using one person's stock character won't sit well with any GM. Not to mention he may not even know who Acter is. This is made more likely because you had to clarify things about what he represents.

PLUS: This type of game runs off chaos and confusion, spontaneous actions, unpredictable events. No set rules laid out. I read TVTropes and it mentioned that Darth Vader commanded a gunship rescue during the last one? But you've been focusing on Acter exclusively so far. To have the summoning succeed would be anticlimactic. The GM will elect to make something bad out of it in order to continue the feel of this kind of game. I mean, you're even assuming systems. You're assuming that he can be summoned through our actions at all and that he will be summoned at 75. That number of 100 was pulled out of your hat and 75 was too. The charge thing was supposed to be for small numbers, things you plan to capitalize on in n turns. Notice, he lets you provide the n. This is saying that in 75 turns you use whatever energy you have to summon Acter. There's no guarantee that it'll be enough.

In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of ev'ry glove that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains

We're going to beat this guyI propose we use the Greek αυτούς "Aftos" meaning Them, and by "this guy" I mean the amalgam of Godmodder, GM, and community expectations that constitutes the enemy of this game. But we're not going to beat it by outthinking it because that's not how it works. We're going to beat it by playing along with it and pretending to follow its goals. Not even pretending - it can see anything we are thinking of(note) so we'll have to genuinley play his own game. It will dance in the dark and we'll dance with it, matching its motives and expectations, playing the game, staying within his system, but driving it so that even with fourth-wall shattering knowledge he can't find a way to drive a conclusion that he prefers.

So let's do that.

Now I sound EXACTLY like SPAMOVERLORD Erin Quill.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2018, 05:11:19 pm »

*shrug*

I have no idea what I'm doing. The extent of my experience with DtGM games is having once read the original DtGM game from the minecraft forums, and that developed into a whole ton of charging and the summoning of stuff like the Death Star.
By the way, Blue, I've kinda learned to just use the quote button on everything you write. Nothing's transparent or hidden in abbreviations when I do that.
So. You say Acter won't work? Ok. How about the Troon? Or a Tarrasque? Maybe bring the God-Emperor of Mankind. And besides, if we do bring in Acter, he doesn't need to be one of the guys fighting. He could be doing god stuff: making things that fight.
And of course you sound like SO EQ. You write him.
I'm ready to make. Just tell me what'll work.

And, because why not: Acter's now at 7/75. Intelligent discussion makes him stronger! (Please see the sphere of Analysis.) :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:42:30 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »

*shrug*

I have no idea what I'm doing. The extent of my experience with DtGM games is having once read the original DtGM game from the minecraft forums, and that developed into a whole ton of charging and the summoning of stuff like the Death Star.
By the way, Blue, I've kinda learned to just use the quote button on everything you write. Nothing's transparent or hidden in abbreviations when I do that.
So. You say Acter won't work? Ok. How about the Troon? Or a Tarrasque? Maybe bring the God-Emperor of Mankind. And besides, if we do bring in Acter, he doesn't need to be one of the guys fighting. He could be doing god stuff: making things that fight.

And, because why not: Acter's now at 7/75. Intelligent discussion makes him stronger! (Please see the sphere of Analysis.) :P

Hm... I haven't really looked much at previous games either. But I get the sense that spontaneity is king. Like, your little n/75 thing? Is likely making him weaker. If you just said "summon Acter" straight up then the reign of impulsive action would let him in.

That said, take advantage of the GM's absence to summon Ursarkar E. Creed, and just let him summon whatever he pleases.

RE Hiddentext: Well, clart.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2018, 08:10:58 pm »

...your little n/75 thing? Is likely making him weaker. If you just said "summon Acter" straight up then the reign of impulsive action would let him in.
Not even slightly. Summons without charges - especially powerful ones - tend to either get denied outright or stolen by the godmodder.
What is "clart"?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2018, 08:11:57 pm »

...your little n/75 thing? Is likely making him weaker. If you just said "summon Acter" straight up then the reign of impulsive action would let him in.
Not even slightly. Summons without charges - especially powerful ones - tend to either get denied outright or stolen by the godmodder.
What is "clart"?

Well, time to actually read more DtGs.

Ooh, and you thought you found a hidden answer too.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2018, 07:49:08 am »

Buff the godmodder and allies, giving them each +1 health after 2 turns.
The Delayed Heal has been activated.

Even Even Bigger Forknor continued to grow in size.
Grow in size. (5/20)
EDIT: Allow this to happen.
@PUPPYGUARD VOTE FOR ME, DEW IT.
Vote for Blood_Librarian in the election.
Even Bigger Forknor becomes Huge Forknor! He then drops a ballot in for Blood_Librarian.

VOTE FOR MYSELF.

ENLIGHTEN THE HYPER TERRORISTS I HAVE WITH ME TO USE WHATEVER MEANS THEY HAVE TO KILL THE BAD GUYS.

@PUPPYGUARD VOTE FOR ME, DEW IT.
Another ballot for Blood_Librarian is placed, and he Rallies the Hyper Terrorists, forcing them to attack this turn!

Poison the buff in secret.
The buff, previously manifesting as a green gas, now turns mustard yellow with poison!

Using my super strength, throw a school bus at the Godmodder's fangirls.

Continue charging my nanomachines. I need that super resilience and super speed. (2/4)

As CrocAndBear further grows his nanomachines, he one-handedly chucks a school bus at the Godmodder's fangirls. Only four of them manage to survive, leaving the girls with 100 HP!

Ram the fangirls with the car until the are dead..
King Zultan finishes them off, splattering the blood of all four against the ground!

Attempt to slip into the subconscious mind of the singing one.
The Indigo Phoenix attempts to synchronize and assimilate into Fallacy of Urist! Does it succeed? We'll find out shortly.

If successful:
Combotech: Memetic Spread.
If Fallacy of Urist's song includes imagery relating to "blue wings" or a "blue bird" or something similar, the Indigo Phoenix will spread to anyone who hears the song and grow in power according to the number of listeners.

In either case:
Attempt to spread to ManBearCroc.
The virus successfully spreads to Fallacy of Urist, and then attempts a spread CrocAndBear (1 Turn Left)

Deploy boxes of poisoned chocolate and give them to the fangirls, under the pretense that the chocolate is a gift from the godmodder!

Also...

Grab the shards of broken table and pile it in the center of my candle square! The ritual continues!(2/5)
As Tamer continues his ritualistic summons, he starts throwing chocolate at the dead bodies of the fangirls! Holy hell, I wasn't expecting that.

why does no one vote for me???
Say please.

Please recall that I am a viable candidate of the "godgame" party.

...I'm not quite sure what to do to extend getting Acter here, but we need more charging to make him actually powerful. Indescion waiting stuff happens. (5/75)

Also, give the fan girls Undertale to distract them. I don't know whether it will distract them with love or hate, but it will probably distract them.

As Acter continues his travel through the multiverse, he throws a copy of Undertale into the pile of bodies and chocolate! Litterbug!

appear behind fallacy, and duct-tape his mouth shut. Stupid bards!
Dustin Hache appears and attempt to duct tape his mouth shut, only for the roll of tape to turn into butterflies with a wave of the Godmodder's hand! See, enemy or no, the Godmodder likes his music.

Ram the fangirls with the car until the are dead..
Help, using my tank Anime fangirls are better!
They're all already dead!

Trow the bombardier beetles to the Godmodder throat, there they release Benzoquinone cousing irritation (5/5)
The Godmodder laughs at Dustin's shocked face, only to catch a Bombardier Beetle to the esophagus! The Godmodder hacks and wheezes until it flies out, taking 1 HP in damage!

Try to stop this traitor. Using lethal force if necessary.

EES LLIW MG EHT ESUACEB SNOITNETNI EURT YM ERALCED YLNEPO TONNAC I SEXOB HTOB STIF SIHT EGAMAD ENO SUNIM GNIOD FO ECNAHC A EVAH SKCATTA EVITAERC SEMAG SUOIVERP FFO DESAB YAD ETISOPPO YADOT ERALCED OT GNIOG SAW I

Please I cannot afford to explain myself again; he is the godmodder, he can hear us.
BlueTurtle makes a bunch of whooping and hollering noises, and then begins talking at normal level. The Godmodder tilts his head then, because at the distance they're all at, he can't hear a thing they're saying!

Inhale all the poison before this happens. Inhale some fire. Then spit at godmodder like some kind of a cobra-dragon.
Said Turtle then absorbs the poison, but can't inhale the fire, because the poison is choking his lungs!

A giant floating skull descends from the sky. The left eye socket is glowing red, and the right eye socket is glowing blue.

The red eye begins contracting to a point (1/3)

The blue eye begins glowing brighter and brighter (1/3)
The Skull of Duality descends from on yonder!

Amongst the calm, smoother paths to reality lay themselves out for the arrival of a god...
(6/[75 or something I really don’t even know] for Acter showing up)
A Double-Charge?! NANI?!?! (JK, I'll allow it. Consider it an apology for taking so long.)

*shrug*

...Sure. Why not?

*shrug*

Hm... I haven't really looked much at previous games either. But I get the sense that spontaneity is king. Like, your little n/75 thing? Is likely making him weaker. If you just said "summon Acter" straight up then the reign of impulsive action would let him in.

That said, take advantage of the GM's absence to summon Ursarkar E. Creed, and just let him summon whatever he pleases.

RE Hiddentext: Well, clart.
TOO LATE! Ursarkar E. Creed is summoned, and he immediately brings in a green portal, summoning Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith on the Pro-GM side! Why? Stop asking questions. It hurts space-time.

The Hyperterrorists kill the second Zombie Eagle, and laugh and high-five each-other! But the GM grins. With a grand flourish, he pulls the gun back up, and presses it to his own temple before pulling the trigger! Glass shatters from his head, and blue fire springs forth, summoning a grand Phoenix! The Phoenix waves it's wings and uses the spell Sama Recarm, reviving the Rabid Fangirls fully! They, ignoring the chocolates and hit video game, use their rabidness to kill all but one Hyperterrorist, leaving them with 50 HP! In addition, due to neglect, the Warp Storm grows in size!

The Godmodder: 47/50
Rabid Fangirls: 500/500

The Hyper Terrorist Cell: 50/300
Warp Storm: 1,050/1,050
Rick: 2,000/2,000
Morty: 500/500
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:53:36 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2018, 07:59:10 am »

GODDAMNIT G942 THIS IS NOT PERSONA.

Also, Blue: I told you so.

Give Creed a stern talking-to for aiding Chaos, here embodied by the Godmodder, who is either working for Tzeentch or Khorne, we're not sure yet.

Then, get rid of any and all things involving the Warp. Because fuck the Warp.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2018, 08:37:28 am »

The presence of a red phoenix on the field, plus the appearance of the Skull, makes onlookers expect the appearance of a blue phoenix to counteract it!

The Indigo Phoenix hijacks this concept.  Its memetic impact grows rapidly!

Synchrotech: Evolve Spirit Wings
A hazy apparition of blue wings appears around ManBearCroc and begins to gather energy.  (1/2)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2018, 08:43:00 am »

Call up Dan Harmon, have him tell Rick and Morty that Season 4 was cancelled! This will break their existence!

Also

Grab a trumpet and play in the center of my candle square! (3/5)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2018, 08:50:55 am »

Imic shoots the godmodder.
We could make this game bigger. Bugger than anything before. We could forge an immense game of killing a godmodder. We could spend years chipping at his health. We could become famous for one game of godmodder killing.
Or we could just shoot at him.
Imic shoots the godmodder again.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2018, 08:55:46 am »

Grab two school buses and use them as a giant clubs against rabid fangirls of Godmodder, while running circles around them with my newly obtained super speed.
Once the fangirls are nothing but bloody pulp on asphalt, throw both of the buses at Blood_Librarian.

Continue charging the nanomachines. Only super resilience and a special surprise are left to evolve. (3/4)

EDIT: Forgot about the charge.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:00:54 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2018, 12:23:59 pm »

Start an Acter cult (0/3) Screw you Glass!

Also:

The Hyperterrorists kill the second Zombie Eagle, and laugh and high-five each-other! But the GM grins. With a grand flourish, he pulls the gun back up, and presses it to his own temple before pulling the trigger! Glass shatters from his head, and blue fire springs forth, summoning a grand Phoenix! The Phoenix waves it's wings and uses the spell Sama Recarm, reviving the Rabid Fangirls fully! They, ignoring the chocolates and hit video game, use their rabidness to kill all but one Hyperterrorist, leaving them with 50 HP! In addition, due to neglect, the Warp Storm grows in size!

Utilize a pun to place me and Glass in the Godmodder's head.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:56:30 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2018, 01:09:25 pm »

...fine. Ignore my PMs. :p

With the nascent power of worship, Acter's arrival is slightly hastened. 8/75.

EDIT: I feel like many of he things about your action is bad ideas. :|

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2018, 08:52:31 pm »

Huge Forknor continues to grow in size (6/20)
With the nascent power of worship, Acter's arrival is slightly hastened. 8/75.
Aid acter's arrival with my psionic powers. (9/75)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »

@CrocAndBearLover YOU FUCK UP! Those busses are filled with CHILDREN, and when they hit me, all those children will be MARTYRED to the DEATH, giving the cause of the hyper terrorists a JUICING, GROWING OUR CAUSE MASSIVELY!!!

Quote from: HyperTerrorist Insurgent
"
First there was the collapse of civilization - Anarchy, Genocide, Starvation.

And then when things couldn't get worse, we got the plague.

The living death. quickling closing its fist over the entire planet.

Then we heard the last scientists were working on a cure that would end the plague and restore the world.

Restore it? Why.

I like the death.

I like the MISERY!

I LIKE THIS WORLD!!

"
The Lone Surviving Hyper Terrorist, who gets Hyper evolved into a HyperTerrorist Insurgent
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8