Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: A succession world  (Read 8122 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: A succession world
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 02:18:41 am »

I request a turn.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 04:31:19 pm »

I request a turn.

Request granted.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 03:12:16 am »

Fort Mode - Pt I

As the dwarves of Rackabbey set about trying to wrestle the secrets of life and death from someone’s cold clammy hands, down in the south an altogether different expedition was taking place.

Spoiler: World map (click to show/hide)

The wagon jerked to a halt beside the cave. Bearskie grunted; they had arrived. He rapped on the wagon wood, drawing on the attention of the others. “Alright grunts! I want ye all dressed and unsobered in five seconds before we descend down ere craphole!” he barked, as the recruits scurried to their positions. “Remember – ye all be the face of dwarvenkind for this expedition! Least those of ye who don’t look like a flamin wreck, anyways. One two three that’s five SQUAD ATTEEEEEN-HUT!”

SAH!

Who are we!
The Kobold Preservation Society!
Spoiler: Group name (click to show/hide)

Where are we standing on!
The last kobold cave in the world!
Spoiler: Site name (click to show/hide)

What is our duty!
To protect those poor defenseless kobolds from murder and extinction!
Spoiler: Site symbol (click to show/hide)

How do we do that!
To build a wall against all enemies!
Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)

Then onwards, cavernwards, we descend into the breach!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:15:27 am by Bearskie »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 04:48:55 am »

Wow.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 04:07:12 pm »

hehe, so that's where those kobold thieves kept coming from.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 09:33:53 pm »

... a report was intercepted by an organization, known only as The Cabal.

This looks to be a preliminary report of dwarf monarch profiles of the world we know as Shagthoomon, The Everseeing Realm, Age of Myth 235.
Spoiler: First Hemisphere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Second Hemisphere (click to show/hide)
Current Civilizations: 31  |  Dwarves: 7

The Spotted Mountain : 6440 Dwarves, 11 Others, 49 Sites
The Spotted Mountain is a southwestern civilization, and ruled by King Kosoth Smithchannels since 201. The king is rumored to have gained the means to extend his mortality.  He worships Onget Armorcovers, a deity often depicted as a female dwarf and associated with minerals, metals, and fortresses.

The Permanent City : 7577 Dwarves, 16 Others, 61 Sites
The Permanent City is a northwestern civilization, and ruled by Queen Iton Dabbledmines since 139. In 233, late spring, the queen won the foot race in Salvenourised as part of The Festival of Attics.  She worships Cim, adeity that occurs in the myth of the civilization.  Cim is often depicted as a dwarf male and associated with murder, death, disease, and blight.

The Basic Vessel : 1629 Dwarves, 45 Others, 12 Sites
The Basic Vessel is a small northwestern civilization, and ruled by Queen Kogan Cudgelbolted since 232.  Kogan worships five deities, and was a monster slayer prior to becoming a monarch.  Iton worships two deities: Shegum Liebury the Putrid Tomb, a deity depicted as a male dwarf associated with suicide, death and depravity; and Athser Wealthstaxes, a deity depicted as a male dwarf associated with jewels, wealth and trade.  He is currently in possession of The Moist Pinnacle, a legendary silver war hammer.

The Regal Girder : 7558 Dwarves, 95 Others, 63 Sites
The Regal Girder is a southwestern civilization, and ruled by King Iton Rawnessgates since 216. 

The Labyrinthine Whips : 8564 Dwarves, 58 Others, 71 Sites
The Labyrinthine Whips is a southeastern civilization, and ruled by Queen Erith Bridgedomen since 225.  Erith created Mansionpuzzle, a legendary bismuth bronze gauntlet.

The Singed Dike : 9621 Dwarves, 63 Others, 84 Sites
The Singed Dike is a northern civilization, and ruled by Queen Erith Oilyyawns since 232. 
Erith acquired The Mean Charms, a legendary bronze gauntlet, as a symbol of authority.

The Sword of Talons : 9242 Dwarves, 216 Others, 81 Sites
The Sword of Talons is a northeastern civilization, and ruled by King Zuglar Gravelcrest since 169. 
Zuglar is in possession of Risechain, a legendary date palm wood bow, and Forkbeach the Glow of Flesh, a legendary bismuth bronze ring. Zuglar has attained the secret if extending his own mortality in late winter 222. 

signed Sanctume Spiritstone

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 10:17:14 pm »

Oh my god yes. I just can't wait to see who you'll be playing, Sanctum.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 10:27:04 pm »

I whole heartedly support the defense of innocent kobolds. They're so misunderstood, and people are much too quick to jump to deadly conclusions. They need a firm defense so they can develop as a people and allow their culture to progress to a point where they no longer need to 'borrow' other people's items. Soon they will be able to rise up to the global stage of civilization where they can prove that they are just as sentient as the other races, just in their own way.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2018, 09:38:25 am »

Progress update - I've finished the fort, and am halfway through the adventure. Complications have arisen during the course of my adventure, as I recently discovered jumping spider men cannot swim (at all), and a mighty river blocks my passage to Rackabbeys. Still, keep faith! I already have a plan ready for my grand river fording, though it may take some time. Unfortunately, I foresee myself to be rather busy this week, but I'll try my best to push on the save to the next person; the full write-up will have to wait.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:25 am »

Oh, sh... I do not have the patience to play adventure mode.  Do I have to make a trek to Rackabbeys if I make a new fort on my turn?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2018, 11:18:35 am »

Don't worry Sanctume, the patience I have ! Just mention the civ you'll play with and where's your fort is, and I'll go off fort for you

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 03:23:07 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 02:26:41 am »

One week - just in time! Save is here.

Forted for one year, adventured for about five weeks. I blame the river, personally.

Also, do note that Dungeoncaves is a hotbed of loyalty cascades waiting to explode. First time I entered in adv mode, a full-blown war erupted between the dwarves, kobolds, and the spiders (guess who won). So I savescummed; this time the second I stepped pass the site boundary, I retired my adventurer. If you spend more than five seconds in Dungeoncaves in adventure mode, note that you'll probably kill everyone in the fort.

Surprisingly, when unretiring in fort mode everyone becomes peaceful kobold-loving midgets again! Maybe I should cage the GCSes next time we have visitors...

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2018, 06:37:08 pm »

Looks like sanctume is up next, you are starting a new fort and having Cathar do the adventuring in between?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2018, 07:31:32 pm »

I got the save, and will have time to play this weekend.  And yeah, fortress somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7