Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to be ignorant of the world  (Read 2072 times)

DakkaDakka

• Bay Watcher
  • My dorfs are the shootiest!
    • View Profile
I want to be ignorant of the world
« on: April 03, 2018, 06:39:44 am »

So I used to play adventure mode where I started with verbatim knowledge of a fight between a peahen and a squirrel on the other side of the world. (It was inevitable)

With the new changes, can you start without any knowledge of the world? I used to turn off Reveal All Historical Events however I still seemed to know the most asinine details from day 0.

Any advice on how information is learned by adventurers would also be cool. Does the world learn it from people writing history? Or does an adventurer learn it from encountering an engraving or book?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:52:17 am by DakkaDakka »
I wanted to do a cute village in the wood and ended up with a dystopian dictatorship

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: I want to be ignorant of the world
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:15:16 am »

So I used to play adventure mode where I started with verbatim knowledge of a fight between a peahen and a squirrel on the other side of the world. (It was inevitable)

With the new changes, can you start without any knowledge of the world? I used to turn off Reveal All Historical Events however I still seemed to know the most asinine details from day 0.

Any advice on how information is learned by adventurers would also be cool. Does the world learn it from people writing history? Or does an adventurer learn it from encountering an engraving or book?

Start an outsider.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
Re: I want to be ignorant of the world
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:57:06 pm »

currently, even outsiders have information of civilizations as part of the update, even kobold ones. this allows them to make a particular identity from said civilization.
the asinine details from fighting squirrels is probably from you fighting those squirrels, ie you know about a irrelevant fight that you had in said wilderness area. its basically a log from what you did and witnessed. it will never go away, use it as a time line
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:58:55 pm by BadCompany141 »