Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting the hang of combat  (Read 4630 times)

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the hang of combat
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 04:20:06 pm »

If I recall, using horns to gore uses the biting skill. I can't say I've ever played as a rhino man, but I have modded satyrs in my game to be playable, and they get to gore things. They also have the added benefit of having very resilient hooves, which makes a lot of weaker blows glance off.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 12:26:17 am »

Animals with claws don't get a special bonus to scratching, but scratch attacks are always calculated as if the nail is the size of the finger it's attached to, which is why (for humanoids) scratching is much more effective in combat than it ought to be.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 12:53:09 pm »

Yeah my grizzle man would rip things up with his scratch attacks, but that was probably due to his size? He would routinely shred up muscle and  arteries and sometimes organs on smaller humanoids.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 01:07:59 pm »

Yeah my grizzle man would rip things up with his scratch attacks, but that was probably due to his size? He would routinely shred up muscle and  arteries and sometimes organs on smaller humanoids.

Well, I mean, he is a bear.  :P
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 11:08:09 pm »

Animals with claws don't get a special bonus to scratching, but scratch attacks are always calculated as if the nail is the size of the finger it's attached to, which is why (for humanoids) scratching is much more effective in combat than it ought to be.
That brings to mind... how long are an Elephant-Man's fingers? When I used one, I was capable of decapitating humanoids and chipping Bronze Colossi. Really weird to think of an Elephant with fingers  :P

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 07:54:37 am »

That brings to mind... how long are an Elephant-Man's fingers? When I used one, I was capable of decapitating humanoids and chipping Bronze Colossi. Really weird to think of an Elephant with fingers  :P
considering elephantmen are just Head and variation animal bits grafted on to a Human body then scale size accordingly to animal size, their nails are probably similar to a Giants.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 01:47:21 pm »

Rhino man is OP, his gore can pulp any medium creature's torso.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 02:03:12 pm »

[Shameless Self Promotion]I made a martial art for adventure mode, link in my signature.[/Shameless Self Promotion]

Your speed problems can be addressed by going from walking to jogging and carefully pausing one step to set up attacks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »

I've lurked there before, I enjoy your martial artistry. :)
Pages: 1 [2]