Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Idea: Creative Naval Sim  (Read 899 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Game Idea: Creative Naval Sim
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »

This idea has been floating around my head for a good long time now, and I was wondering what everyone thinks about it.

What would you say to a top down Naval sim? One that was as realistic as possible, taking into account all aspects of WW1 and WW2 Naval warfare? One where gun characteristics, armor layout, range, angle, and hit location are all critical to combat? One where you designed all the units yourself?

That is in essence what I want to propose. You could design all your ships down to machinery locations, gun characteristics/placement, damage control, armor locations, hull shape, superstructure layout, and then assemble fleets and attempt to conquer the world. Even then, you could also design aircraft and submarines as well, determining their role and how they operate.

Gameplay would be a single player campaign with around six other factions. You would fight for world conquest while having to manage construction and logistics (Mainly minor, nothing super complicated or painful).

There would also be a multiplayer component. You could play two modes. One would be a straight head to head deathmatch. Pick a map, assemble a fleet, and murder each other. The other mode would be a multiplayer campaign. Fight against six other players for dominance, last man standing wins.

What do you all think? Its would probably be my dream game, but I am unsure if anyone else would be interested.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:56:08 pm by moghopper »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Game Idea: Creative Naval Sim
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:09:35 pm »

I had a similar idea, but IN SPACE! And WITH PHYSICS!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:18:38 pm »

So just better Navyfield?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:33:08 am »

I had a similar idea, but IN SPACE! And WITH PHYSICS!
Have you tried Children of a Dead Earth?

So just better Navyfield?

No. Design would be far more in depth. You could shape the hull how you wanted, place the internals where you wanted, etc...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:41:52 am by moghopper »