Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Steam Official Announcement Thread (0.47.05 Edition!)  (Read 276283 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Official Announcement Thread (0.47.05 Edition!)
« Reply #390 on: September 01, 2022, 01:44:58 pm »

Simon's stuff is great, glad its getting included!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 01, 2022, 04:27:09 pm »

Drink, Industry, the mysterious third composer for the Premium Dwarf Fortress Soundtrack, and that one time Bay 12 spilled secrets on a live mic!

(Official News from the Kitfox Discord plus a bonus from me.)

Hey folks!

An update to yesterday's Steam Community Update was posted this morning and pushed out to all the subscribers to the Kitfox Discord's DF official news channel (#mayors-office).

Quote from:  Alexandra

Alexandra

Today at 11:11 AM

Hey folks.

We wanted to correct some errors and omissions from yesterday’s Dwarf Fortress Soundtrack update. Firstly, we failed to announce Águeda Macias as the third composer featured on two of the tracks with Dabu and Simon. She makes a lot of really cool video game music and you can find all her work at https://www.aguedamacias.com/.

Secondly there was a typo with one of the song titles: Drink & Industry is the correct title of the third song in the soundtrack announcement video. Apologies to the composers and to you for getting this wrong.

As a special bonus, some very eagle-eyed viewers of /u/BlindiRL may have noticed there was a *tiny edit* made to the VOD of one of the interviews with Tarn and Zach. I happen to have clipped and downloaded it to save for posterity.

"Ooooh!" "Did I just fuck up?"

(Turn sound on.)

Team Bug Fix!

kitfoxgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Fortress Premium Publisher
    • View Profile
    • Kitfox Games Website
« Reply #392 on: September 14, 2022, 12:49:26 pm »

Steam Community Update 14 September 2022: We went to PAX West! 

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3421069592540788406

Hello!

My brother Tarn and I recently returned from PAX West, an entire 30 minute ferry ride across the Puget Sound in Seattle. There we met with the Kitfox community manager, Alexandra, who introduced us to the crowd waiting to see the first ever live demonstration of the new Steam version of Dwarf Fortress! The link to the show can be found here (https://youtu.be/uE-FCtGdwMI), where you can listen and watch as we take a ponderous tour through the new controls and give away the Easter eggs - spoilers!

I would like to thank Alexandra and the many fans who showed up in person to visit with us. Extensive Influencer BlindIRL also came out to meet us. His many Fortresses online are an inspiration, including one that aims to span a thousand years! He and the many other streamers have kept our project afloat for almost 20 years and it soon will be accessible to all.

- Zach

Hi everyone!

It's Alexandra, just wanted to thank everyone who talked to us at PAX and everyone online who watched online. We did not have a booth this year so it might have been hard to find us but hopefully we will be back with one for next con! Now that the game is in a more showable state, we can start making more video updates and hopefully working a lot more with any Dwarf Fortress content creators so stay tuned!

-Alexandra

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 17, 2022, 03:40:48 pm »

Haven't posted in the upper boards in a long time. Basically swore off DF until the Steam release. So after seeing the PAX presentation, it's my first time really seeing all the work together in a more or less complete package. And I'm giddy, giddy like the majority of new game releases do not make me anymore. Giddy like you're starting to go to your other friend groups and rant about DF (again) giddy. I absolutely cannot wait to throw money at you guys!

Also really great to hear about Simon. His were some of the tracks for Soundsense that I added to my forever playlists and libraries.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 04:00:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kitfoxgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Fortress Premium Publisher
    • View Profile
    • Kitfox Games Website
« Reply #394 on: September 28, 2022, 11:49:20 am »

Steam Community Update 28 September 2022: The Workshops are on fire!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3267948473376874701

Full text:

Hello!

We're continuing along with the art.  The last bit we need to update is the buildings.  Jacob has put together some amazing workshops.  Their color reflects the material they are made from.  Here are twelve different workshops made from three different woods.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans//34693670/61610046ad42012ac0c5eb8c2c69d4f60d01f8ae.png

These workshops were built in a volcano, sadly. Watch the destructive power of lava here:

https://youtu.be/pZhIyCYWEeI

- Tarn
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]