Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 388

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2838099 times)

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1575 on: February 12, 2019, 08:17:28 am »

It's planned that, when you expel someone, the person will remember that negatively and if they have villainous tendencies, they might want to take revenge on you in some way, right?
Would there be a chance that the same could happen when you decline a visitor's petition request or do they currently not care about it either way when you decline those?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1576 on: February 12, 2019, 10:51:48 am »

In what ways do spheres impact the appearance of angels at the moment, it impacts what their divine metal looks like, what there little modifiers are (it has a rasping voice or whatever) , but does it actually impact their appearance and if so , in what ways? Are gods with more disturbing spheres creating more disturbing looking angels (Do they create more insecty or spidery ones? Or whatever you feel is disturbing/would disturb people), are gods with more noble spheres creating more noble looking angels (Eg having the angle have a lions head/look like a lion (as lions have always been a symbol for nobility)), Do they impact the materials they are made of? etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:55:30 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 12, 2019, 12:08:17 pm »

Now that marriage and dating has been expanded, will we see an entity level value for things like adultery?
EDIT: Also: Since it's a common trope, are Gods creating demigods by breeding with civilized races planned?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 12, 2019, 12:56:31 pm »

It's planned that, when you expel someone, the person will remember that negatively and if they have villainous tendencies, they might want to take revenge on you in some way, right?
Would there be a chance that the same could happen when you decline a visitor's petition request or do they currently not care about it either way when you decline those?

Currently they don't care: they return again and again to petition... Each time they're dejected to some degree based on personality, as per usual, so I guess that eventually they may go bonkers for petition rejection stress (some do that even on the first rejection currently).

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 12, 2019, 02:51:22 pm »

Now that marriage and dating has been expanded, will we see an entity level value for things like adultery?
EDIT: Also: Since it's a common trope, are Gods creating demigods by breeding with civilized races planned?

well, adventure mode already has the demigod "class", if i may call it that. But that is just a placeholder for a better adv system anyway. and they aren't actual decendents from the gods...
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 12, 2019, 04:24:05 pm »

Plus, you can be a "peasant" in two different senses. One is the lowest point allotment, and the other refers to choosing not to start as a hearthperson.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 13, 2019, 09:26:11 am »

I know that torture, even if it makes in as a feature, won't be playable in fort mode because dwarves don't torture, because of their ethics but:

1-Will we get to do it in some way in adventure mode? maybe if you play as a villain, it'd make sense as an intimidation/blackmail thing
2-I've been a great fan of LCS for many years, do you envision the way DF is gonna handle torture as a job , in a similar way to how it was treated in LCS? Does it give you ideas on how to procede with that?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 13, 2019, 09:34:14 am »

Dwarves might be contrary to change by then under decree of Toady to what 'default' is and what will be defined in the torture.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1583 on: February 13, 2019, 01:11:06 pm »

Technically speaking the psyche and combat systems are complicated enough that torture doesn't need to be coded itself, just a propensity for the subject to understand that the pain will stop when the torturer hears what they want to hear(and that this might not even be the truth), and for NPCs to recognize torture apart from regular interrogation. Not that I am that terribly excited for torture. :|

(Can we, like, have a nice action introduced in whatever release torture is introduced? Like, the ability to pet animals or fluffy wambler breeding or something like that.)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 13, 2019, 01:17:53 pm »

Weren't possible prisoner interrogations on the checklist for this cycle? Not sure if we'll get to them at this point, but I remember them being one of the candidates.

Of course, I guess interrogation isn't necessarily the same thing as torture.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1585 on: February 13, 2019, 01:54:22 pm »

Yes, and interrogations will be necessary, because otherwise villains are a bit OP. But again, given how DF works, maybe interrogations will mostly consist of 'hey bro, you did this?' and the villain in question always answering 'yup, together with this person in another town'.

There's also a nice diverse list of possible punishments in the thief section, but again, no idea how much we'll see those given the law system is a bit barebones.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1586 on: February 13, 2019, 03:50:42 pm »

Yes, and interrogations will be necessary, because otherwise villains are a bit OP. But again, given how DF works, maybe interrogations will mostly consist of 'hey bro, you did this?' and the villain in question always answering 'yup, together with this person in another town'.

There's also a nice diverse list of possible punishments in the thief section, but again, no idea how much we'll see those given the law system is a bit barebones.
I imagine that eventually we will see them all.

About interrogations, you would obviously have to make them yield first before actually interrogating, not just, like, asking. Like you have to do for robbing people right now, you make them yield then demand they drop their weapons and the various items you want.

So for interrogations you probably, would make them yield, then be like ("hey did you do this", "who are you working for", etc.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:54:55 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1587 on: February 13, 2019, 11:22:00 pm »

Concerning embezzlement, will this be something the player can take advantage of in any mode aside from legends? Or, in other terms, can the player be in positions where embezzlement is a meaningful act, as opposed to theft or reappropriating siezed wealth? (lords/kings/barons exerting taxes or property siezure)

In the event a player can theoretically commit embezzlement, will performing the act be an explicit manuever that provides one with context of the material ownership, or implicit based on appropriated wares and claims placed on that capital?

Do you plan to implement any jurisdictional forces/association/positions/etc who's task will be to assess ongoing losses and encourage investigations? Or does the bookkeeper largely fill this role in terms of speculative fleshing out of this feature?

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 13, 2019, 11:47:34 pm »

What does your workflow look like? How does a feature make it into DF from beginning to end?
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 14, 2019, 04:33:09 am »

Another great update...
So, just how worked up can religious people get? Are we going to see escalation up to the point of crusades against an opposing religion's holy city?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 388