Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 392

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2929916 times)

kipwheeler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #5400 on: May 02, 2023, 06:04:10 am »

Any May updates on when Mac ports might come out on Steam? (I'm very eager to try this game!)

sbritorodr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: May 02, 2023, 10:15:28 am »

Thanks for the answers. I'm really hoping for the sdl2/ports update, so I can play it in all my devices.

Is there any plans to add steam cloud saves? This would be a really QoL update for me
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 12:28:51 pm by sbritorodr »

sbritorodr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: May 02, 2023, 10:34:34 am »

Any May updates on when Mac ports might come out on Steam? (I'm very eager to try this game!)

I'm playing in mac using wineskin winery. It works pretty well. Here is a guide: https://re-actor.net/dwarf-fortress-how-to-run-the-game-on-mac/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 10:37:19 am by sbritorodr »

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: May 02, 2023, 10:39:16 am »

Thank you for the answers, looking forward to 0.50.8!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 08:19:48 pm by ☼Obsidian Short Sword☼ »
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

kipwheeler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: May 02, 2023, 05:04:22 pm »

I'm playing in mac using wineskin winery. It works pretty well. Here is a guide: https://re-actor.net/dwarf-fortress-how-to-run-the-game-on-mac/

Thank you--I hope you are having fun with it! I'm holding out for a native Mac version, though I have been watching folks play through wineskin with interest.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: May 02, 2023, 08:45:19 pm »

> 50.08 notes: Allowed most water-based jobs that use buckets to use partially-filled water buckets in addition to empty buckets.

Which jobs can't use partially filled buckets?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: May 02, 2023, 10:24:52 pm »

Thanks for the answers!  I’ll be holding out for a native 64-bit Linux version that supports SDL2 (mostly because the people in charge of my distribution have said that Hell will freeze over before they support the older versions of SDL…).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: May 03, 2023, 03:54:10 pm »

Are there plans to add the remaining export functions to Legends Mode? The pops and history files are probably the most important bit. At least to me as a modder anyway.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: May 03, 2023, 07:31:35 pm »

> 50.08 notes: Allowed most water-based jobs that use buckets to use partially-filled water buckets in addition to empty buckets.

I could not tell you, for they will only fail to if I didn't find them

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: May 04, 2023, 01:27:39 am »

I could not tell you, for they will only fail to if I didn't find them
I interpret that to mean that detection of any bucket using water based jobs that fail to use buckets partially filled with water are to be considered as bug report worthy.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: May 04, 2023, 06:53:37 am »

I’ll be holding out for a native 64-bit Linux version that supports SDL2 (mostly because the people in charge of my distribution have said that Hell will freeze over before they support the older versions of SDL…).

Emphasis mine:
Hang on, what's this 'chuff chuff, toot toot' I hear in the distance... ...wait, surely not a large heap of leaves on the line, preventing the Linux cargo train from coming in, here?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 11:57:51 am by Silverwing235 »

Urist McSadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: May 04, 2023, 09:42:39 am »

1.Can we expect some adventure mode ai improvements after the update is out?
2.After the magic update, will there be the possibility of some people having powers based on their values and personalities?
3.Will we ever have procedural government systems?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: May 05, 2023, 02:11:44 am »

1.Can we expect some adventure mode ai improvements after the update is out?
2.After the magic update, will there be the possibility of some people having powers based on their values and personalities?
3.Will we ever have procedural government systems?

2. Given that personality tied magic is a common trope, there should be a possibility of it appearing eventually. I'm not sure I've seen personal values based ones (but certainly organizations/sects/... with magic and an expectation ranging from expectation up to demand on their values, but then we're basically back to normal sphere based magic).
3. Ever is a very long time. It doesn't seem impossible or out of the bounds of the kind of things DF does.

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: May 05, 2023, 07:53:14 am »

Are there plans to further expand the personality model, to have dwarfs interact more with the community in which they live? For example, to enable scenarios such as:

- A dwarf reacting with jealousy to a spouse having an affair.
- A dwarf trying to mend relationship between two friends who had a fight.
- A dwarf experiencing peer pressure to do something they don't really want to (e.g. joining the military, because all their acquaintances did).

Gremie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: May 06, 2023, 10:38:24 am »

Is it possible for one dwarf to affect the mood of another?
(do you have any future plans for how dwarfs affect one another, action-reaction scenarios)

1) for example, perhaps a general who gets excited while in combat can cause others to become excited and spur them forward, while the same would be true if they are terrified and cause others to flea with them.

2) have you considered adding a counselling room?
(Or some other method of helping dwarves regain control of their mood? magic enchantments???)

where dwarfs who are upset will seek out help?
with the beauty of the room and skill of the counsellor causing a level of mood buff?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:01:17 am by Gremie »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 392